0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mafzal

Your car consumes more gas means tht the gas in-flow is set "high". even my car can go easily 120+ if i increase the gas inflow but it'll give me a very bad average then.

On perfect tuning, a vitz with a 40l cylinder should easily give 100+ inside the city with AC on most of the time.

@all

Here is the pic of my car's CAT removal (breaking & welding method)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -858188
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp

Sorry for the late reply as I was out of the country. Am also sorry to hear about your car damage. How much did you manage to get your headlight for then?

Regarding the brakes squealing, yes it does happen on and off but only when I start the car after a long period of time, usually in the mornings. It makes this noise during reversing and braking on a slow drive, then its stops as the car is in normal drive speeds.

P.S.: Good info on the vitz too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rawfay
    you r right its consumption is high but it gives very good performance(less than 10 percent performance difference from petrol)that is why i was ignoring it but now i m thinking to get it tuned.
    what is the mileage difference after cat removal?do inform.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi All,

I bought a Vitz 2005 Auto 1000cc and installed cng.. and thinking to share my experience.

I feel like mashAllah very lucky to buy the vehicle in very mint condition, i.e. just like brand new from inside as well as outside.

When the CNG was installed, the CNG guy powered the CNG kit from ignition switch (found just close to the KEY assembly, turned on when you turn the ignition on).

The extremely intermittent problem I was facing was like the whole electronic system was getting failed, i.e. AC/Blower turns off, Wiper does'nt work, indicators does'nt work, cant shift gear once in Parking, headlights keep working, and the engine remains started and you can drive the vehicle, and the ignition light is turned on.

What I thought was that I thought this is with some voltage thing which is playing with ECU, so I asked the cng guy to supply the electricity from somewhere else and in turn of my request he plugged it from the switch box and the problem was gone.

In terms of the acceleration (PICK) of the vehicle, its tremendously same as the patrol. I read a press release on some japanese website that this Vitz 2005 has 8% better fuel economy than older Vitz.

The driving is extremely pleasureful i.e. you cant match corollla, civic, city or whatever paki brand.

On shahrae faisal at 140kmph I felt like driving at 60kmph.. with that of the comfort.

Before I could make this decision to buy this new model, I was told by a very reliable car showroom owner in Karachi that Vitz 2005 has failed on CNG cuz it has 3-cylinders. When I placed the same query in front of one of the best known CNG experts I was told that there should'nt be any problem, except one, i.e. the car will vibrate a little bit when stationary, and that is true, but who cares? ... so anyway this myth is wrong that new shape CNG does'nt (or poorly) work with CNG, it works perfectly and according to that CNG expert it offers low consumption (just like coure)

I have been looking at paki+other cars debate and what I feel like whoever like Vitz/other jp cars is actually a believer of japanese perfection which our local cars cant deliver, i.e. comfort, safety, low-maintenance, tons of sensors and indicators.

That was my story.

What I am still not sure about is one thing... i.e. if parts of my new shape Vitz 2005 will be available in Karachi? I can assume that internal parts of Vitz 2005 will be much similar to Vitz 2004 or atleast other local toyota (as in Suzuki Kie Japanese share most parts of Alto/Mehran/Cultus)... How about exterior parts? Those big head lights, the LED brake lights, the huge 3 feet front bumper, etc?

Is that available in Karachi somewhere, do we have contacts, names of shops where it can be bought?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rawfay

at what speeds you changed the gears? I have vitz2005 auto and was driving with 5 persons onboard --on cng-- and touched 140kmph at shahrae faisal..

maybe its with some cng config in your car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zolojazz
    first of all congratulations on your new car and carrying out successful cng conversion.

and the second thing you told that you have done 140,i have also done 150 on highway but my car's consumption is high it only gives 100 km/50 kg tank which is very low as compared to others.hows your car's average.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mafzalkhalid

thank you very much, it was indeed the skills of my cng mechanic. btw the day i imported the vehicle, i had already talked with cng mechanic and he had already told me the cons of vibration, which is'nt too much

i am able to get 100km/50kg cylinder in karachi's traffic with full knob a/c turned on.

btw its a/c is second to none in 1000cc series of cars available, and is quiet similar to toyota corolla x/paki a/c.

petrol is known for 'driving pleasure'.. so as long as you can get the pleasure of petrol on your vitz@cng, 100km mark is'nt that bad!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zolojazz
    thats the same i always thought about that and didnt got it tuned,any ways enjoy your ride and drive it very carefully.
    And you asked about the availability of parts,it will not be a big problem but its parts will be a bit more expensive as compared to 03-04 model.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello All

I want to ask a question, may be a DUMB one, but i m not good at Auto knowledge at all, only know how to drive.

I have a 2003 Vitz, and there is a problem with the breaks. If I press the break (just in case of an emergency) then the car stop but there is a tick tick sort of sound and a little vibration at the accelerator.

I asked this problem to some people and they told me that it is because ABS and in every ABS enabled car such thing is common. and it is not a problem, so I want to confirm is that OK ?

Otherwise, I have a fear that what if I am driving it @ 100+ and then I have to stop it and what if the break does not work ???

please guide !

Thanks
    Zeeshan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshanhashmi

be relaxed brother its very normal.

the anti lock braking system tries to hold the shaft of breaks in fraction of seconds and then quickly release it, thus allowing the tyres to not loose the grip on the road.

i am aware of a road accident at University Road flyover on last Friday night when it was drizzling in karachi, in which one vitz was just saved off at 100kmph, the driver says the car slipped on the oil but he said that the vitz had the abs thus he was saved and it was'nt much damaged. the accident took place at around 2am and there were around 50 cars smashed.

driver also informed me that due to that, the community police's mobile was there on the university road flyover for 3 days, waiting for drizzling and waiting to control traffic on the bridge.

so anyone driving on university road overhead at nipa be careful when its drizzling as there is a lot of oil out there deposited on the middle of the bridge.

good luck with your new abs findings

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Zolojazz

Welcome to PW and the Vitz fan club mate! I'm glad to see tht from your very first post, you've been very informative. I'm Happy for your successful CNG conversion.

I did not change the gears my self but third gear changed at 75 usually.

140km/h with 5 ppl on CNG :O thts new to me i haven't gone 125+ in mines..was too scared because of its size.

@all

The biggest thing i came to know yesterday was tht my car had 25psi air in all the tires I knew it then but it was already 2 am at night tht day So this was probably the main reason behind my car not crossing 100km/h with 5 ppl (on CNG with AC).

I removed the CAT the very next day i got my car from the showroom. So didn't feel tht much difference. Abt 5% i guess.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On new CNG rate (47.8/kg) your running cost should be not more than 3.2rs/km.

All my 4 frnds who have vitz are getting 100-110km on a 40l cylinder which fills in Rs. 335:-)
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

Thnx. Hope all's well on your side too! Headlight just got interesting. Sharing for everybody's benefit: The left light replaced by Auto Club was japanese but used - had few visible scratches and a very small crack I didn't like. But they (Auto Club) insisited that genuine lights are not available in better condition than this and that brand-new ones are not genuine and made in Taiwan.

Not happy with that light at all, I ended up going to Sultan ka koh yesterday and got a much cleaner "pair" of genuine (japanese, used) lights for almost the same price I was charged for one! So... around 3.5k per light (if you go to the market and buy yourself) for the genuine used ones. New taiwan ones were around 3k per light. It'll be anywhere from around 6k to 8k if you get a workshop to buy it... and around 10k if you get Toyota workshops to buy it! Interesting, right?

Anyways, have to settle it with Auto Club now! Have already returned the light they gave me. Financial settlement yet to be finalized.

Btw, almost everything vitz owners will ever need is available at Sultan ka koh. One guy even had an auto transmission and a 1.3 liter engine!!

@zolojazz

congratulations, happy driving and good luck with the new car! how about sending some pics? also, where did you get the cng installed from? and for how much?

@zeeshanhashmi

yes, that's how abs works. but if you're activating abs a lot, then maybe you should adjust your driving habits.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rawfay

thanks for the greets man, its all my pleasures.. the world has experienced that citizens of prosperous nations always share knowledge and experience.

In terms of the gears, I am attaching a print screen from the owners manual for the manual trans cars.. this is about recommended shifting speeds (FYI manual trans in 2005+ is only available in 1500 cc)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -859118

Although we cant compare auto trans with manual trans, but I'd say atleast we've got some benchmarks to see.

Well size does matter, having new vitz 5.5 feet wide, is not like an old model vitz.

I have no idea about how I was able to get that kind of speed on cng, but I feel like that I have got a very optimum cng installation. Have you got your air exhaust shortened with some cover after cng installation?

@amoizp

thanks man, i am traveling out of karachi, will post some pics tomorrow evening

in terms of the cng installation, i have got it installed from "SHAH JEE CNG", the location is just after Alladin Park on the left side, Rashid Minhas Road, if you are coming from NIPA.

I've got 50kg/cyl, neotek emu/adv, for 35k. I did'nt hole my dashboard to place the cng converter button, but instead have it concealed/glued inside on of those 10s of cabinets in dashboard, i.e. basically one near the steering assembly. So anyone looking can go for this tip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi all
    I am looking for Toyota Vitz genuine key. Where I can find this key and how much it worths. The part number is : CE0123 MT. S H NR381/97 DENSO 1512V.

Is there anyway I could convert my in dash DVD player LCD to english language. Is there any special chip or some card required to play video at my in dash DVD player.

Thank you.
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -859182

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -859183
    Never let your fear to be your desicion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 zeeshanhashmi.
    Yeah its normal but never press a full break again.pump it but dont press it fully.jab break press karna ho to usko dabao phir choro phir dabao phir choro jab tak car stop na hojaye.Automatics ka is terha break work karti hai.I always do just like i mentioned....(Y)(Y)
    ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SaM_vitz007

it maybe a surprise for you as it was for me that you dont have to PUMP as it is clearly mentioned in owners manual.

one just need to apply brakes normally, dont need to FORCE too much, but one have to be gentle.

according to manual:

"The brake pad wear limit indicators on
    your disc brakes give a warning noise
    when the brake pads are worn to where
    replacement is required.
    If you hear a squealing or scraping noise
    while driving, have the brake pads
    checked and replaced by your Toyota
    dealer as soon as possible. Expensive rotor
    damage can result if the pads are not
    replaced when necessary."

and this is what written in the manual regarding the WRONG "pumping" behavior we normally do:

"Effective way to press the ABS brake
    pedal:

When the anti?lock brake system function
    is in action, you may feel the brake
    pedal pulsating and hear a noise. In this
    situation, to let the anti?lock brake system
    work for you, just hold the brake
    pedal down more firmly. Do not pump
    the brake in a panic stop. This will result
    in reduced braking performance."

I hope this helps...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zolojazz
    Much appreciated (Y) Thanx a lot dear for sharing this knowledge with us. This way we can change our misconceptions. Once again thnx and keep sharing for the sake of good. :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello guys!

i'm facing very annoying problem, i cannot find my problem's solution in this topic as there are 157 pages and i cannot read them all.

When i start my car and want to shift it on gas, the accelerator(pick) lacks rpms or whatever you say, i am unable to press the accelerator to shift it to gas because it makes annoying noise and looses its power, today i shifted from gas to petrol while driving and the car started to make problems like when i release the accelerator it gives jerk etc..

i hope someone understand's my problem, i have done cng settings from my mechanic many times but im not happy with what my car was doing a month ago. please suggest me what to do?

and yes,i change my car engine oil and filter on time, yes i check the atf level after every 1000kms. Please suggest me something...

edit:
    my second problem:
    sometimes when i press the accelerator or while driving when i push the accelerator a bit more, suddenly car starts sound like its flying lolz.. i think it makes the rpms fast, could you please tell me if anything's wrong with my settings or is it normal?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp @all

I have recently changed the brake pads as the car was making whistling noises in the mornings and slow reverse and also as the pads were worn out. I had put original new brake pads last month but still I get the squealing noises off and on. What seems to be the problem? Now with the rains started in Karach I'm afraid this will become worse. Any suggestions?

Secondly, should I spray oil or diesel on the undercarriage and engine bay of my car to protect it from rust etc during the rainy season?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List