0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought a Dec 2003 in april this year; gun metallic. amazing ride and everything, however, there are some funny problems that i am facing.

my side mirror (retract) of left side has been broken by a charsi... i have the mirror but its off. would plaza mechanics be able to fix it?

i got my car alignment done a couple of weeks back but now again i feel that alignment is going out. i'll get it checked over the weekend but if it is going out, what could be the car's possible problems?

when do i need to change the coolant of radiator? and what about radiator service? would a normal radiator guy be able to handle vitz?

what do i do with minor scratches on the body?

my back tyres lose air more frequently than the front tyres. got new kumho auto power a month back. is it the tyres or the car?

storm or any other experienced guy, can you help?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sqahar
    mirror repair depends on the extent of the damage to the mounts.

alignment should be out, you are driving in KHI

radiator fluid changes are up to you, i do mine at 10000 km, and ANY mechanic can do a fluid change.

scratches can be buffed/compounded out

tyres, bent rims, bad suspension or faulty valves

hope this helps
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mirror is broken. wires hanging. it can be fixed but would it keep working automatically or not is the question.

losing alignment every two weeks is shitty. it can't be that bad. at least wasn't with my charade.

10K KM for radiator fluid change is comfortable. i have only driven 3500 in three months.

where should i go for scratches buffing and to get the tyres checked. any recommendations? and who do i go to get catalytic convertor removed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as long as the wires havnt shorted out some fuse it shoudl be a simple case of attaching the wires and you'll be done

it could be one of many factors (mentioned abpve) which is throwing of your alignment

any good polish place or painter can buff out the scratches, or you can get some cutting cream (mix with polish) and do it at home.

to get the cat removed you need to go to a silencer shop, they remove the whole system and break it out, takes up to one hour and shoudl cost no more than 400 rupees.

can't give exact locations for these places but perhaps alta can as he is in KHI, his number is 03332135567.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz
    @storm
    how to increase road clearance?
    @all
    I dont know if its a prob or behaviour. When i push the throttle (accelerator) hard, first the engine slows down, and then picks up after a sec or so. I mean it doesnt pick the race immediately. pehlay gari baithatee hai, phir uthatee hay (i hope u can understand this vilaytee urdu )is it normal? if not, what could b the reason? if yes, then is it due to V V T - i?
    Finally, whats the diff b/w P and N? is it dangerous to park ur car with N?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ only way to do it correctly is to get specialized suspension.

larger tyres will put too much load on your wheel bearing ans will throw off your pseedo.

packing is a bad idea as it upsets the chassis dynamics

longer springs are a bad idea as they are of another car and you cannot be sure what theye load rating is etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam ! i own a vitz 99 .i gotta prob.. n im really worried. ven i rev my car hard after 40kph the engine check lite turnz on and i feel dat the pick of the car is not up to mark . plz help me wt 2 chk nd where 2 get it chekd.

i need help waiting fur urgent replys .
    dey can trigger mE but dey'll neva figurE me out!!hah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz is a very weak body car zara se kisy aur gari touch hoti hai dent per jai
    Horsepower has this tendency to break things. If you're not breaking anything you're not going fast enough.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ ahsen Janjua bhai, indeed you are entitled to think that a japanese car which is built to strict crash test requirements and build quality is not any good, but i'll have to say that you have no idea what you are talking about.

the outer panels of modern cars are NOT structural so it doesn't matter what they are like. usually manufacturers make the outer skins as light as possible to to decrease overall weight which leads to fuel savings, better performance and less wear and tear to the drive system.

still i'm not here to force you to like a car if you are clearly biased. may i ask what car you drive?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats the speed limit for Vitz?
    i drove at 154 yesterday... my previous best was 146.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think the car is not limited by the factory (since they don't expect it to go too fast).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was fined for over speeding but i would love to take it to 160... 1000CC ke liye 160 se zyada kya hoga yaar!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -739681

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -739682

couldn't take a pic at 154 though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that's very good for a stock car with an auto box (Y),.. hope you were buckeld up (seatbelt).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

obviously. i was on super highway but i wear seat belts even while driving in the city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sqahar

It took you 6 mins to increase 11 Kph

Nice speed for an Auto Vitz.
    Perfect Male...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not really... it took me 6 minutes to decide whether i should take another pic or not and if i should when should i. i was not the only one driving on the highway sir!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam ALL! .. plz solve my prob... i own a 99 vitz . it's engine check lite turns on ven i rev hard after 40 or 50 kph. moreover ive got 205/45/R16 instaled in them will dey effect the meter reading?????

and storm bro i think i saw ur car opp to sogo grill yesterday morning it had 5 spoke alloys and the color wuz da same as ur car's.wuz it really urz?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ex3c_501
    205/45R16's will have an overall tyre diameter of 591mm, whereas the OEM sized 155/80R13's have a diameter of 578mm. this works out to be 13mm larger which is at the limits of "plus sizing" since the over size is now 2.25% larger than stock and will throw off the meter reading quite a bit *(will under-read). you would have been better off fitting 195/45R16's which are 582mm 9(+4mm) which works out to be 0.69% larger which is acceptable by any standards.

personally i think 16's on a 1.0L vitz are a bit too large but if you like the way they look and how it drives, enjoy.

as for the check engine light, check all fluids and filters, it's possible one of them is old or blocked. hopefully it is not your air flow sensor which might be giving a faulty signal,.. it's expensive to replace.

sogo grill? morning? lahore? my vitz? nah, mine is here in ISB with 6 spoke rims on it buddy. must have been someone else.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm
    thnx fur da reply i'll get dem chekd by tomorow . n abt ur vitz i saw it in isl opp to warid main office in i guess blue area. kher jiski bhe thee . wuz just asking.

well how will i know if da air flow sensor is malfunctioning.??

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List