0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifnaseer View Post
    I never keep O/D off; and i don't have CNG installed.

I guess O/d off ki zaroorat bhe nae hai. Its only to drag ur car. Without o.d off it goes till the 4rth gear and drives smooth on low rpms. Giving a gud fuel average.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think my car changes first gear at 15 km/h !

@yasir
    What made you feel your ride needs tapet adjustment?
    Mine can't achieve above 125 km/hr on motorway (flat portion) even with full throtle.
    first of all use OEM size Tires will help recently installed n easily touched 130km on M2 n yet milegae was also awesome MashaA llah n rest all u knew.mine is 79k kms driven recently got valve clearance checked and it was all good.Use Petromin will notice a good change as it dont broke down like other Mobil oils.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Jst a recheck my car changes first gear at 54-56
    Ur car z Auto right..?!
    mine z Manual =)
    * If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons...!? * -Y[z]R-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think my car changes first gear at 15 km/h !

@yasir
    What made you feel your ride needs tapet adjustment?
    Mine can't achieve above 125 km/hr on motorway (flat portion) even with full throtle.
    Engine Vibration at low RPM plus Pick problem..
    nd in dat case yu need to get ur car cheked
    * If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons...!? * -Y[z]R-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yasir_01 View Post
    Ur car z Auto right..?!
    mine z Manual =)
    oh okay....
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusSS View Post
    jani there is nothing for the toyota guys to set, there is no tuning for efi cars. They will just plug in a computer and check for any error messages. all they can do is adjust the rpm.

for efi tuning either get a high performance ecu or completely rewrite the old ecu program, which is nearly impossible at the toyota guys.
    Well I stood there all along during the tuning but they did not do any computer testing. They say that this is done separately (at high price as usual).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How many catalytic converters are there in 2004 Vitz ? I got removed one.

Perhaps I need to get the exhaust pipe checkup first, as somone here mentioned earlier that there were a lot of carbon deposits.

One other thing to share: I went to Toyota Sialkot a month ago, and they charged Rs.1000/- for wheels alignment alone (camber was also out). My ride starts getting slightly towards left after 50-60 km of every alignment. The Toyota guys said other wheel alignment centres do not have the complete "Data" (for computerized alignment) of Vitz; and only they have it, therefore only they can do correct alignment.
    Not to mention that the problem still persists.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tsf View Post
    Well I stood there all along during the tuning but they did not do any computer testing. They say that this is done separately (at high price as usual).
    they usually hook it up to a comp when there are serious issues with the car that they can not resolve manually, like i said there is no computer tuning for efi cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got CAT cleaned from my dads Vitz 02 (Manual) and my Vitz 04 as well (Auto)...Hell of a difference!!! Feels like my engine is breathing well
    Now going for MAF sensor DIY

1)Can some1 tell me whats O/D (Its my 2nd Vitz but 1st Auto Tranny car) ? I googled, n found out it is Over-Drive but couldn understand it practically as i didnt feel any difference whether its on or off.

2)My gear handle lights (P,R,N,D2,2,L) dont work only the orange dot can be seen moving in da day, has some1 fixed it, any suggestion? I suppose its supposed to light up with the headlights or when car is started.

3)My dad bought me nice new rims n tyres for my vitz on my birthday.Rims r of some brand Kspeed (havent heard but they look sesky)
    Tyres r Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/R14/60. Can some1 tell me how much each costs? (My dad didnt tell me cuz it was a gift )

These look hot and have nice grip though theyr a little harder than my previous Bridgestone B70 185/R13/80
    and on seperating from the rim with tht machine tht rotates, their inner edges break bcoz of being too hard (tyre guy told me).

Overall how would some1 rate these?
    My Subwoofers Are My Massagers! Chronic Bass Tolerence, Induced!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my City tuned at Khan motors once, its emission test was done, or wat so ever, they stuck a pipe in the cylincer

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    I got my City tuned at Khan motors once, its emission test was done, or wat so ever, they stuck a pipe in the cylincer
    Hmmm.. they dont do that at Toyota Central. But anyways after every tuning/maintenance I can feel the difference in drive, it gets really light n smooth.

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusSS View Post
    they usually hook it up to a comp when there are serious issues with the car that they can not resolve manually, like i said there is no computer tuning for efi cars.
    What does the computer test tells about the car or prob? I never this done neither the guys at Toyota recommended.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What does the computer test tells about the car or prob? I never this done neither the guys at Toyota recommended.

Its basicly a on board diagnostics test. to detect any senors or electrical maulfunctioning.

Some ECU setting can be played with. And i guess the air fuel mixture can also be altered thru it.

Basicly it accesses ur cars computer. and tells u whats goin on.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA,

Long time havent been here was too busy.

First of all the spacer of 0.5 inch didnot helped much damn i wasted money and time, How much bigger spacer i can put without killing the look from back side of my vitz ?

Another question. i was told that an automatic car can never go back (excpet when in N) but recently it is happening to me, even when it is in D and there is some slope it goes back if i dont push the accelerator paddle. Is it normal ? And other day something very strange happend, i parked my car on a Ramp of my house which is with litle slope after some hours i came back and wanted to get the car inside the house, the car was not willing to go Up even on B with full accelerator, i was surprised, it was rolling back.

It didnot tested it again like this, is there anything to worry ? and how to solve this power issue, i am scared that with such less power i wont be able to go to Mureee.

It is 2007 vitz, oil, air filter etc changed recently.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@netone: CNG? happened to me once.. the not going up on a slope.. restarted the car on petrol and worked fine... dont know wht the issue could have been

and spacers dont help much.. i used CNG springs... car doesnt look raised but clearance on speed breakers is much better
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by netone View Post
    AoA,

Long time havent been here was too busy.

First of all the spacer of 0.5 inch didnot helped much damn i wasted money and time, How much bigger spacer i can put without killing the look from back side of my vitz ?

Another question. i was told that an automatic car can never go back (excpet when in N) but recently it is happening to me, even when it is in D and there is some slope it goes back if i dont push the accelerator paddle. Is it normal ? And other day something very strange happend, i parked my car on a Ramp of my house which is with litle slope after some hours i came back and wanted to get the car inside the house, the car was not willing to go Up even on B with full accelerator, i was surprised, it was rolling back.

It didnot tested it again like this, is there anything to worry ? and how to solve this power issue, i am scared that with such less power i wont be able to go to Mureee.

It is 2007 vitz, oil, air filter etc changed recently.

Thanks
    I have 1 inch spacrs installed, and they hardly help, and with 4 or 5 ppl in the car, it touches even on the smallest of the speedbrakers if i am not careful, the trick is to cross the speedbrakers diagonally whenever possible and plan route with minimum speedbrakers.

and i hate the raised rear side of the car and thinking about getting the spacers removed

about your second querry, i think its okay if the car rolls back on any gear except P. with there should be no problem going up even on the steepest slopes once you give some throttle
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@netone

Abt your second query, when you're on a slop pull the hand brake and put your car in gear...remove your pedal from the brake, give some throttle and gradually release the handbrake.

@Chinyoti & all

I need to get my vitz' tappets adjusted. Any good experienced mechanic?
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Chinyoti & all

I need to get my vitz' tappets adjusted. Any good experienced mechanic?
    I think Vitzes tappets cant be adjusted. The best option is to go to the guy u got CNG from.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks gusy for your replies i thought in AUtomatic cars when they are on D or B they can never go back. But apparently it can good to know this.

hdaackda > I am on petrol no cng installed. What is CNG spring ? some speical kind of spring, i have a cousin who is mechanic he said not to remove genuine springs, as local things are **** and i will also lose the balance of the car and it wont be stable and comfortbale as it is with genuine one.

I dont know what to do, even in entry of my street there is slop where it touchs badly when there is even 2 person driver included. and terhi kar keh niklana dosent help.

It is destroying my car, i dont know what to do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by netone View Post
    Thanks gusy for your replies i thought in AUtomatic cars when they are on D or B they can never go back. But apparently it can good to know this.

hdaackda > I am on petrol no cng installed. What is CNG spring ? some speical kind of spring, i have a cousin who is mechanic he said not to remove genuine springs, as local things are **** and i will also lose the balance of the car and it wont be stable and comfortbale as it is with genuine one.

I dont know what to do, even in entry of my street there is slop where it touchs badly when there is even 2 person driver included. and terhi kar keh niklana dosent help.

It is destroying my car, i dont know what to do
    -Local/CNG springs are said to be a bit stiff/hard so they dont squeeze with weight.

-The car wen touches the speed breakers actualy its thoose 2 pillars on which the car is lifted on a service your car foot board is safe.

-Im using 185/65/r14 (while the OEM size shud be 185/60/r14) but this size help my cars height increase from all 4 tires.

-Lifting the car from the rear only is dangerous, looks bad, plus wud lower your car from the front causing the front bumper to hit almost every where.

Secondly as these are old cars with time the springs and suspension have lost there geniune height, (beth gae hain thoore)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List