2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Toyota Vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal

Removed CAT con after drivin 70k kms, and after that installed additional DHOLKI to reduce noise whhich comes after CAT removal...toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277443toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277444toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277445toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277446

1) Car on dock..
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277474
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277447toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277448toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277449toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277450toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277451toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277452toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277453toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277454

2)CAT con opened and visible by opening joint just under engine after exhaust manifold..
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277469

3)Brocken CAT con.
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277476toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277475toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277477

4) DHOLKI installation after CAT removal to reduce BHARRRR BHARRRR PHiTT PHiTT noise of Vitz
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277470toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277472toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277473

5) Place where extra dholki installed just close to Secondary dholki under car cabin
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277478toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277479toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277480toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277483

6) And Alhamdulillah my car is silent just as new and regained its lost power and acceleration which it had 4,5 years back...
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277504toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277505toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277507

<....MaVericK....>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not about fuel quality, the cat fails due to

1 - silicon poisoning
    2 - engine misfire that causes the core to melt
    3 - using oil not specified for low emmissions (e.g. using API SF oil in an engine with a cat converter or using an old diesel rated oil)
    4 - engine running too rich caused by other tune up problems (bad FPR, bad AFR sensor, bad plugs, bad engine tune)
    5 - excessive oil burning (oil coats the cat and burns up in the core causing it to go bad)
    6 - excessive lean mixture also causes the cat to overwork.

The problem is that 98% of Pakistani mechanics/workshops do not invest in any learning or skill of the trade, all is learnt from ustaad to shaagird on see to learn bases without actually knowing or learning how the system works. So for them a general "tooning" of the engine with EFI means

remove the throttle body and scrub the hell out of it, remove plugs and clean them up, use cheap RTV to seal every known gasket in the engine including exhaust which can cause the o2 or AFR sensors to go blind and also ruin the cat.

Any time the cat goes bad - they cunningly say that "iss mulak mein petrol kharaab milta hai aur ye "jaali" japani haraamipan hai, iss ko phenk do - same as they say about the thermostat valve
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    the solution is at government level
    to provide us with cleaner better octane fuel

someone i know bought a new civic.the refused to go uphill with load
    the car was just few thousand kms driven
    diagnosed choken cat converter.company cleaned it and installed it back

not everyone can afford hi octane
    u cant clean cat converter with every oil change can u
    Its not about fuel quality etc. its about screwing up simple repairs and no check and balance of any emmissions gear modifying.

If I were supposedly to pass regulation at govt level for emmissions and transport - I would first mandate all cars carry health certificates including health of emmissions gear - any tampering etc. would be considered as crime and the car's registration removed. This is because we as a nation only can understand "DANDA RAAJ"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    dude thats why i did it after drivin 70k kms, when i baught that was 16k on odo meter...
    i tried my best to save CAT , but i cant, nd btw platinum ka CAT in cars me nae aata wo mehngi cars ka hota hay, is me Ceramic CAT aata hy..
    nd rahi bat ECU ,engine ki, wo tab masla hota hay jab aap open pipe rehnay dain , i installed that extra DHOLKI which provides necessary back pressure. which i think not bad for engine..
    Assalamualkium Brother,

My friend in Toyota Western Motors also recommended but there was some quires regarding CAT converter removing now i find you can you please tell any effect on fuel economy?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fuel here is adulterated and I believe it is one of the reasons that the cat chokes earlier than it is supposed to, when u push your car to limits the AFR system does either make the car run rich or excessively lean, I was having same problem in my 1SZ vitz and its mileage came down to 8-9km/ltr but no check engine light. After removal of CAT now its giving me 14-14.5km/Ltr so CAT is there for environment not for fuel efficiency, considering the buying power of Pakistanis atleast i wont spend 90,000/- Rs on a new CAT.
    The government itself gives a damn about environmental pollution so how can we care about it. They are selling fuel which has everything except fuel Valves are getting broken on newer cars and what not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you guys fail to understand the cats breakdown is a reaction of something wrong in the engine, can you please tell me how many times has your mechanic actually tested the fuel trims, fuel pressure, afr performance, o2 performance?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Xulf Bhai Rulaoge Kya

Another One Goes Into Drain.......I Felt A Deep Shivering When Someone Owning A L.C Came And Get It Broken Even It was All Fine And Working Good.....!!

Reason.......Because We HATE It And It Blocks FLOW And Cause engine Running 'GHUTTA GHUTTA'

Beg My pardon I Didn't Say ' Bhai Apka engine Na Hogaya Koi Aurat Hogae Jo GHUTT GHUUT Ke Jeeti Ha ' :\

Brainless People And Totally Have No Clue Why TOYOTA Invested In All This To BLOCK Their CARs??? And Make Their Top Model SUV Runs Like ****?????

For FUEL.....It Can Be FUEL But Not Everytime......I Have Witnessed Many Cars Which Are Done Over 100k Km When Imported As So Called "Reconditioned JAPANI Car' And Their O2's Are Busted ...........They Do Every Thing To Make It Run Better But Never Get That Corrected And Diagnosed Properly.......!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    ^^ Xulf Bhai Rulaoge Kya

Another One Goes Into Drain.......I Felt A Deep Shivering When Someone Owning A L.C Came And Get It Broken Even It was All Fine And Working Good.....!!

Reason.......Because We HATE It And It Blocks FLOW And Cause engine Running 'GHUTTA GHUTTA'

Beg My pardon I Didn't Say ' Bhai Apka engine Na Hogaya Koi Aurat Hogae Jo GHUTT GHUUT Ke Jeeti Ha ' :\

Brainless People And Totally Have No Clue Why TOYOTA Invested In All This To BLOCK Their CARs??? And Make Their Top Model SUV Runs Like ****?????

For FUEL.....It Can Be FUEL But Not Everytime......I Have Witnessed Many Cars Which Are Done Over 100k Km When Imported As So Called "Reconditioned JAPANI Car' And Their O2's Are Busted ...........They Do Every Thing To Make It Run Better But Never Get That Corrected And Diagnosed Properly.......!!
    If the O2 is busted, shouldn't that light up the CEL? or one has to get it hooked up to scanner to check for O2 voltages?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

busted O2 doesnt mean - broken o2, a lazy or blind O2 is also a pain in the behind and can cause the cat to break down over a long period of time (running lean or rich - both effect cat life)

All that is known in Pakistani mechanics head is to "thraatal baady ki safaa karo, injeckturr phoonk ke safa karo, pump pressharr oongli rakh ke check karo, taput setting lathe masheen walay se karao - aur hamari mazdoori ke paise nikalo.

They dont give 2 hoots about the original problem.

let me give you a simple example I faced once on a toyota 2JZ-GE Crown which was guzzling fuel yet no check light but occassionally lit the CEL with P0420 code now and then (mechanics, dealers blamed it on fuel)

The problem was the fuel pressure regulator. heres how I found out.

I first hooked up a live graph plotter to see the exhaust activity, the post cat o2 activity, the LTFT and the STFT. The LTFT was going really low (cutting fuel out) yet it was running weirdly rich. I induced a vacuum leak and saw some difference but nothing great. I tested the air flow and it was also reacting good.

When I tested fuel pressure I saw it fluctuate on no reason, I then removed the FPR vacuum pipe and after about 10 minutes I saw some fuel leak out of the FPR vacuum port itself. That was the leak causing excessive fuelling. I replaced it with a brand new part, new fuel filter and everything came back to normal.

I wonder why fuel ka kameenapan, fail teknalojy, company faalt was blurted out. I had reasons believe no diagnosis was done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    busted O2 doesnt mean - broken o2, a lazy or blind O2 is also a pain in the behind and can cause the cat to break down over a long period of time (running lean or rich - both effect cat life)

All that is known in Pakistani mechanics head is to "thraatal baady ki safaa karo, injeckturr phoonk ke safa karo, pump pressharr oongli rakh ke check karo, taput setting lathe masheen walay se karao - aur hamari mazdoori ke paise nikalo.

They dont give 2 hoots about the original problem.

let me give you a simple example I faced once on a toyota 2JZ-GE Crown which was guzzling fuel yet no check light but occassionally lit the CEL with P0420 code now and then (mechanics, dealers blamed it on fuel)

The problem was the fuel pressure regulator. heres how I found out.

I first hooked up a live graph plotter to see the exhaust activity, the post cat o2 activity, the LTFT and the STFT. The LTFT was going really low (cutting fuel out) yet it was running weirdly rich. I induced a vacuum leak and saw some difference but nothing great. I tested the air flow and it was also reacting good.

When I tested fuel pressure I saw it fluctuate on no reason, I then removed the FPR vacuum pipe and after about 10 minutes I saw some fuel leak out of the FPR vacuum port itself. That was the leak causing excessive fuelling. I replaced it with a brand new part, new fuel filter and everything came back to normal.

I wonder why fuel ka kameenapan, fail teknalojy, company faalt was blurted out. I had reasons believe no diagnosis was done.
    Would it not have been easier to just slap on the world famous taknolojee of the EC1 on the car and declare it fixed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what tire size do you have?. 175/65/14?
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some maintenance of my car is coming up soon i.e. brake pads/brake oil/coolant replacement etc

I'll also get the voltages @ O2 checked out. Can you point out some other things that I should check out along with the things I just mentioned, I'll be taking the car to a Toyota dealership (Toyota Capital I-9). The car in question is a Corolla Axio (1NZ-FE).

p.s are O2 sensors readily available at Toyota dealerships? If yes, any idea about pricing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ O2 Are Quiet Rare...YEs They Might Be Available At TOYOTA Dealership Maybe.....No Ide Of Price But Expect Something Around 15-20k...Yes

The Working Sensors And Mechanicals Make Car run For Good But Sometimes...Something Bitched Up And You Just Can't Caught It Unless You RUB YOURSELF Literally On HOT BURning Day......!!

I Know ONLY FEWWWW People Who Rectify Problem As It Is......Trust Me..They Are D.I.Y'ers.....Else All Other Do Was A FIRE IN A HOLE And Wait For BOOM ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Best TIP

Get Hands ON SERVICE MANUAL Of CAR/Engine

Read It With Open Eyes And Sane MIND.....Follow Instructions....

Stick With OEM Replacements.....Use Your BRAIN More....STOP Listening To Desi Mechanics And Their Quick Fixes.......Stay Happy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is why my business was usually called - "loot ta hai bhai" - meray qareeb ka mechanic kehta hai engine badli karo - yeh kompanee faalt hai, woh zulfiqar pagal kehta hai ke yeh 2 sensor kharaab hain or iss se engine set hojayega - paagal aadmi naya sensor ki baat karta hai - sherhsha se nahin leta - japan se mungwaata hai.

bhai rozi roti chalein ya saari tankhwa gaadi pe lagaen. - these type of people are morons, they want a shiny car but do not want to care for it - more like, biwi chahiye super model magar uss ka nakhra nahin.

oddly my prices were exactly 10% more than wholesale price of the items - plus i had fixed pricings for labor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    that is why my business was usually called - "loot ta hai bhai" - meray qareeb ka mechanic kehta hai engine badli karo - yeh kompanee faalt hai, woh zulfiqar pagal kehta hai ke yeh 2 sensor kharaab hain or iss se engine set hojayega - paagal aadmi naya sensor ki baat karta hai - sherhsha se nahin leta - japan se mungwaata hai.

bhai rozi roti chalein ya saari tankhwa gaadi pe lagaen. - these type of people are morons, they want a shiny car but do not want to care for it - more like, biwi chahiye super model magar uss ka nakhra nahin.

oddly my prices were exactly 10% more than wholesale price of the items - plus i had fixed pricings for labor.
    spot on

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pakiboy104 View Post
    Assalamualkium Brother,

My friend in Toyota Western Motors also recommended but there was some quires regarding CAT converter removing now i find you can you please tell any effect on fuel economy?
    w/salaam bhai as i already said that my car did almost 70k so thats why i removed CAT cox i felt k car bht load leti hay, but now after removing i feel better fuel avg bcz pehle mje ye 12,13 avg de rahi thi , but last time i calculated it as 15,16...
    but if ur car is new, dont go for removal...!!! if u r sure that its chocked then i seggest you this solution...
    <....MaVericK....>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedk06 View Post
    The fuel here is adulterated and I believe it is one of the reasons that the cat chokes earlier than it is supposed to, when u push your car to limits the AFR system does either make the car run rich or excessively lean, I was having same problem in my 1SZ vitz and its mileage came down to 8-9km/ltr but no check engine light. After removal of CAT now its giving me 14-14.5km/Ltr so CAT is there for environment not for fuel efficiency, considering the buying power of Pakistanis atleast i wont spend 90,000/- Rs on a new CAT.
    The government itself gives a damn about environmental pollution so how can we care about it. They are selling fuel which has everything except fuel Valves are getting broken on newer cars and what not.
    i has that same point of view as urs...
    my father told me to buy a new CAT instead of removing it i dnt want my car to be toxic for others, but i said that it will also get chocked after few kms,, so FAIDAAA???..:p
    <....MaVericK....>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    what tire size do you have?. 175/65/14?
    185/70/14
    <....MaVericK....>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    w/salaam bhai as i already said that my car did almost 70k so thats why i removed CAT cox i felt k car bht load leti hay, but now after removing i feel better fuel avg bcz pehle mje ye 12,13 avg de rahi thi , but last time i calculated it as 15,16...
    but if ur car is new, dont go for removal...!!! if u r sure that its chocked then i seggest you this solution...
    It 2007 Daihatsu Move 115K Km done! i drove other 660CC it's a way different pick and on A/C its totally ........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SER_GTR @Xulfiqar Are the O2 sensors generic or car specific? If generic then I guess only the connector needs to be made, right?

Also, what O2 sensors do Toyota's use? heated or unheated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List