Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Plz Sort out my 1.3L Vitz 2007 Issues

Peaceful Ramadan to PW community,

I need experts opinion about the issues i am facing with a recently bought Vitz of mine 1300CC. the car was a self import of 2012 Dec by a reference and has ODO of 50000K at that time, the car hardly drove 12000 in Pak and remain parked and unattended as owner was abroad mostly. I am very certain based on my experience that ODO is genuine as car condition speaks for itself unlike mostly vitz i have seen have 150K ODO and spoiled by youngsters during my search for a nice car. Upon purchase i done following works

1. complete new fuel pump and fuel filter assembly, Genuine Toyota
    2. iridium spark plugs
    3. throttle body service and all sensor cleanups
    4. Cat converter service, infact complete exhaust flush out
    5. CVT oil change and Valve body service, Genuine Toyota CVT
    6. LiquiMoly fuel additives to clean fuel lines

NO CODE on scanner after above service

When car was bought, it drives very poor no pickup probably cat was chocked and or fuel pump was weak also, anyways I believe the above work should bring at least phenomenal change in drive and pickup but thats not the case, considering a hatchback with 1.3L and auto it should have decent pickup, i am not expecting 0-100 in 10 sec but a decent drive.

In reality the car survives till 40-60km in fact sometime a felt up and down in pickup, the engine or exhaust sounds louder till 100 however, at/above 100 it drives fine and sound went normal. Major problem i felt when i went for Damen-e-koh, it was horrible...For everybody info i kept and driving cars for last 35+ years and have fair knowledge of maintaining cars.

The mechanic is with me for last 10+ years and have decent experience

Kindly guide me where is problem as i have to travel to northern areas on this vehicle bought specially for this trip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking...the current tire size 185-60-15 is hard to source as told by shopkeeper, wouldn't 185-65-15 will touch fenders as gap will be reduce?

Thanks for meeting today and really appreciate the help you are extending, JazakAllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    @Thinking...the current tire size 185-60-15 is hard to source as told by shopkeeper, wouldn't 185-65-15 will touch fenders as gap will be reduce?

Thanks for meeting today and really appreciate the help you are extending, JazakAllah
    No sir. there will be slight difference in the side wall height of the tyres, which would improve road clearance a bit. In case there is no hard cornering and off roading involved i dont think tyres will be touching the inside of the fenders. they shouldn't. there is reasonable gap in vitz arches.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also i believe you visited the mechanic i told you about. i discussed with him. probably a bearing change is required in the pulleys either attaching the belt to the engine (which rotates the compressor) or the pulley which is attached with the compressor.

once done it will improve the milage and the smoothness of the ride. (personal experience with another car), might also address the RPM drop issue you were mentioning.

Also new tyres along with proper alignment and balancing will be credible improvement as well Insha ALLAH.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Also i believe you visited the mechanic i told you about. i discussed with him. probably a bearing change is required in the pulleys either attaching the belt to the engine (which rotates the compressor) or the pulley which is attached with the compressor.

once done it will improve the milage and the smoothness of the ride. (personal experience with another car), might also address the RPM drop issue you were mentioning.

Also new tyres along with proper alignment and balancing will be credible improvement as well Insha ALLAH.

Thank you for taking time out and giving the advice, will do this over weekend.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking @rajaatta @aamirq...I felt slight improvement in drive after ECU reset suggested by @Thinking,,,however, pickup still lags till 40-50km also RPM get stucked when i take U turns as it held up at 1000RPM and then with a minor jerk it releases to 700-800...

In principal Cat converters are unserviceable, but in Pak and also abroad they probably washed it out with a slight dilution of acid mixed with water to washed away carbon deposits, i saw this happening in person as lot of black carbon despot released from cat and another muffler in between the main exhaust...it did bring phenomenal change in drive compared to what when i had her....the rest of the steps were taken afterwards about which i was certain that those will bring phenomenal changes in drive BUT unfortunately that didn't happens.

I have another question that i bought toyota after the last one i got imported from UK back in 1988-89, most recently i had for two months toyota premio 1.5 from a friend of and that baby drive like a silk and most importantly fuel average was phenomenal as i recorded 17+ KM on GT roads and 12-13 in city drive with all time A/C. based on that historical data i was assuming that 1.3L vitz should easily touch 20KM due to body to weight ratio but after reading blogs on PW none of the 1.3L owner mentioned these milages...can someone tell why???
    Well first of all sorry for the late response as I was busy with the ramadan schedule. Well the problem you described about the rpm stucking issue is due to faulty valve body assy in which the transmission is not coasting well. The jerk release problem is commonly seen in the k series CVT's which can be resolved by valve body servicing and correct primary and secondary pressure readjustments which is a case sensitive and be dealt only after analyzing the current oil pressure. The thing regarding to Catalytic Converters they can be serviced and restored to 100% potential again but the procedure is very different fron the traditional acidic thing. They can be restored but the thing is they must must be serviced if they are block. By servicing a healthy cat you will just destroy it. The health of Cat is only known by scan equipment active testing procedure a bit complicated procedure for local technician who had the scan equipments with them. Even toyota dealerships technicians lags those skills..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Well first of all sorry for the late response as I was busy with the ramadan schedule. Well the problem you described about the rpm stucking issue is due to faulty valve body assy in which the transmission is not coasting well. The jerk release problem is commonly seen in the k series CVT's which can be resolved by valve body servicing and correct primary and secondary pressure readjustments which is a case sensitive and be dealt only after analyzing the current oil pressure. The thing regarding to Catalytic Converters they can be serviced and restored to 100% potential again but the procedure is very different fron the traditional acidic thing. They can be restored but the thing is they must must be serviced if they are block. By servicing a healthy cat you will just destroy it. The health of Cat is only known by scan equipment active testing procedure a bit complicated procedure for local technician who had the scan equipments with them. Even toyota dealerships technicians lags those skills..
    I was keeping finger crossed waiting for your invitation to your setup for diagnosis and issue resolution:-0

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u need to get ur o2 sensor checked!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was keeping finger crossed waiting for your invitation to your setup for diagnosis and issue resolution:-0
    Just waiting for the results. Fingers crossed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Did the problem get resolved? what was the underlying cost.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Put a thinner foot mat on driver's side to allow the accelerator pedal to travel down the floor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mallic bhai you have sold your problem or not yet?
    i also have 1.3 2007 vitz self import
    having strange problem
    spent almost 80000 but my problem is still there
    kindly suggest me that technician too
    Grey hairs sign of Age not Wisdom

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shadab_lodhi
    Quote Originally Posted by AwaisGhouri View Post
    having strange problem
    resolved my problems partially with help of Atta and also dragging my feet into,,,now it really drive as 1.3L should be,,,Fuel average and pick is awesome and average fuel consumption per tank is 12-13 with 100% Aircon and with very heavy feet driving(80-120) within city ISB-RWP...PM me your issues I will certainly guide you...but it also costed me fortune to get it this condition...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To All...I resolved the issues in my recently bought vitz which is actually 60K driven but not performing unto the mark, when searching for a nice car mostly I observe poor acceleration with 1.3L vitz's prior to buy one for me...most owners were not aware how a 1.3L engine should behave partly that was because of poor diagnostic in the past...

My vitz can now touch 140 on ISB highways within a blink and have touched full meter on motorway very calmly and very less engine noise compared to my 1.8L civic whose engine sound went out band after crossing 120KM, have climbed peer sohwaah hill with 3 adults and 100% A/C ON like a piece of cake...have stalled the car on the 3 most uphill turnings and it went from there very easily even better than my friend 2011 2.OD...explaining this is not to showoff but to tell everyone that car should behave as it should be based on its specs and there is no point to get to its peak efficiency if diagnosed properly...

Lastly these vita's are a real fun to drive regardless of engine CC's if kept good and yesterday i saw a 1.5L half cut vitz and since then i am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting might @rajaatta help me out to finish this venture which is in the back of my mind for sometime now after seeing successful conversions to 1.5L and even a 1.8...I wanted to convert a 1.0L to 1.5L and sell current 1.3L.. @rajaatta

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking...BRO above posts FYI...as you are the one who helped and guided without knowing me BUT being as PM forum member...I am very grateful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhaqasim View Post
    So Did the problem get resolved? what was the underlying cost.
    YES...Issues resolved...check my above posts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To All...I resolved the issues in my recently bought vitz which is actually 60K driven but not performing unto the mark, when searching for a nice car mostly I observe poor acceleration with 1.3L vitz's prior to buy one for me...most owners were not aware how a 1.3L engine should behave partly that was because of poor diagnostic in the past...

My vitz can now touch 140 on ISB highways within a blink and have touched full meter on motorway very calmly and very less engine noise compared to my 1.8L civic whose engine sound went out band after crossing 120KM, have climbed peer sohwaah hill with 3 adults and 100% A/C ON like a piece of cake...have stalled the car on the 3 most uphill turnings and it went from there very easily even better than my friend 2011 2.OD...explaining this is not to showoff but to tell everyone that car should behave as it should be based on its specs and there is no point to get to its peak efficiency if diagnosed properly...

Lastly these vita's are a real fun to drive regardless of engine CC's if kept good and yesterday i saw a 1.5L half cut vitz and since then i am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting might @rajaatta help me out to finish this venture which is in the back of my mind for sometime now after seeing successful conversions to 1.5L and even a 1.8...I wanted to convert a 1.0L to 1.5L and sell current 1.3L.. @rajaatta
    Haha thanks but before starting on your new project. Plz do give me some time as I am hell busy in few projects so cant focus on shop projects these days. Btw. Why are you going for 1.5 why not 1.8 yaris setup.... it will be a fun to get it converted......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking...BRO above posts FYI...as you are the one who helped and guided without knowing me BUT being as PM forum member...I am very grateful
    thanks sir for sharing the experience.

better still would be if you can share the details of the actions done and cost of each to bring the car in its optimum working condition.

Also can we have a swap drive to evaluate each other's car if you have time next week. would be quite knowledgeable. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AwaisGhouri View Post
    having strange problem
    wats wrong with the car?? you can share on PM or on this forum. we might be able to help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Plz Sort out my 1.3L Vitz 2007 Issues

Have sent lot of pm's
    Still no answer
    There is an chir chir sound
    And i have spent a lot till yet
    Changed lot of things
    Have posted all details on vitz fan thread

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Grey hairs sign of Age not Wisdom

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    thanks sir for sharing the experience.

better still would be if you can share the details of the actions done and cost of each to bring the car in its optimum working condition.

Also can we have a swap drive to evaluate each other's car if you have time next week. would be quite knowledgeable. .
    Sure...why not anytime..,will coordinate on phone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List