Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1KR-fe and OBD2 port

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default 1KR-fe and OBD2 port

    Hi All,

    Any one used an obdII scanner with a toyota vitz 2009 (1kr-fe petrol engine) to read/clear error codes and monitor various sensors of the engine. it uses M-OBD ISO 14230-4 ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrton View Post
    Hi All,

    Any one used an obdII scanner with a toyota vitz 2009 (1kr-fe petrol engine) to read/clear error codes and monitor various sensors of the engine. it uses M-OBD ISO 14230-4 ?

    Thanks
    Yes I have Toyota Vitz 2009 1KR-FE engine and i currently uses OBD2 scanner. What would you like to know.

    I guess your OBD2 software don't connect your car ECU ... Is my guess right?

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Thanks for your reply!!

    I just bought the scanner it's an OBDlink MX (Bluetooth) and after reading various articles on the net I found out it is not a standard port (OBDII) but a variant called M-OBD thus a different init. string is required. another problem is that the buildin PID's of the Torque pro app does not work and so I have to find valid PID's to talk to the car's ecu so to read the engine sensors.

    I would like to monitor the engine coolant and CVT transmission coolant and other sensors that can be monitored.

    can you share your experience with the OBD scanner eg. what can be monitored in the 1kr-fe engine (vitz 2009) please ?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    Thanks for your reply!!

    I just bought the scanner it's an OBDlink MX (Bluetooth) and after reading various articles on the net I found out it is not a standard port (OBDII) but a variant called M-OBD thus a different init. string is required. another problem is that the buildin PID's of the Torque pro app does not work and so I have to find valid PID's to talk to the car's ecu so to read the engine sensors.

    I would like to monitor the engine coolant and CVT transmission coolant and other sensors that can be monitored.

    can you share your experience with the OBD scanner eg. what can be monitored in the 1kr-fe engine (vitz 2009) please ?

    Thanks
    First download ELMScan Toyota Demo version software from Play store into your mobile and then Connect your device OBD in your car and connect ECU with above mentioned software if ECU is connected fine with that software then you need to purchase this software. Currently i using this software and it is good software that support all your requirement like coolant temperature and all sensors reading O2 sensor AFR sensor and also in this software you can see or clear all trouble codes.

    Demo version is free and has limited functionality but you need to do is to check whether this software can read reading from your car ECU. Paid version of this software will cost you around 600 PKR.

    I hope this help you...

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just for sharing few snapshot or reading of my vitz 2009 ecu with that software.

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694290

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694291

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694292

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694293

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694294

    1KRfe and OBD2 port -1694295

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Thanks for your reply and the pics

    I will try that app tomorrow

    Have you ever used torque pro app? You can see some videos on youtube,it's one of the best apps for android. I will be testing some custom pids for the vitz tomorrow to see if they are valid for our ecu

    Thanks again!

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    mallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hi guys...nice conversation, i had a question that is there any SW that compares current data with some reference values/data? cuz sometime there is no DTC / check light but problem persists?

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    Thanks for your reply and the pics

    I will try that app tomorrow

    Have you ever used torque pro app? You can see some videos on youtube,it's one of the best apps for android. I will be testing some custom pids for the vitz tomorrow to see if they are valid for our ecu

    Thanks again!
    Yes i have used that app but this app don't communicate with my car ecu. Torque Pro App is good but they can't communicate with late 2nd gen vitz ecu so i moved on another app which i already mentioned above. You can go ahead with custom pids may be that can be helpful for PW community.

    Let me know if you get success with custom pids using Torque Pro app.

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    Hi guys...nice conversation, i had a question that is there any SW that compares current data with some reference values/data? cuz sometime there is no DTC / check light but problem persists?
    Hi,

    I think that reference data (min - max) values is in the service manual, will get back when i check it at work next week

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Yes i have used that app but this app don't communicate with my car ecu. Torque Pro App is good but they can't communicate with late 2nd gen vitz ecu so i moved on another app which i already mentioned above. You can go ahead with custom pids may be that can be helpful for PW community.

    Let me know if you get success with custom pids using Torque Pro app.

    - RKBladeX
    Did you put in a valid initialisation string in torque? It is required for the scanner to handshake with the ecu because vitz has a variant of obd2 protocol (m-obd)

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    First download ELMScan Toyota Demo version software from Play store into your mobile and then Connect your device OBD in your car and connect ECU with above mentioned software if ECU is connected fine with that software then you need to purchase this software. Currently i using this software and it is good software that support all your requirement like coolant temperature and all sensors reading O2 sensor AFR sensor and also in this software you can see or clear all trouble codes.

    Demo version is free and has limited functionality but you need to do is to check whether this software can read reading from your car ECU. Paid version of this software will cost you around 600 PKR.

    I hope this help you...

    - RKBladeX
    I baught the pro app, can you please post your settings that connects (works) to the ecu please

    Thanks

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    Did you put in a valid initialisation string in torque? It is required for the scanner to handshake with the ecu because vitz has a variant of obd2 protocol (m-obd)
    I didn't go in that details at that time. Simply i connect my elm obd2 device with my car and download Torque Pro app and then connect with Bluetooth it connect successful but unable to connect with ECU. I don't provide any initialisation strings in Torque pro.

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    I baught the pro app, can you please post your settings that connects (works) to the ecu please

    Thanks
    I will give you the screenshots. It is simple steps to connect your car ECU with OBD2 devices. Before purchase did you checked first Demo App connect to your car ECU?

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    I will give you the screenshots. It is simple steps to connect your car ECU with OBD2 devices. Before purchase did you checked first Demo App connect to your car ECU?

    - RKBladeX
    it can connect, but not sure which protocol (select ecu) to select and a lot of readings are incorrect compared to torque pro

    Thanks

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    it can connect, but not sure which protocol (select ecu) to select and a lot of readings are incorrect compared to torque pro

    Thanks
    Which readings are incorrect you are facing?

    As I have checked with these reading with Toyota tech stream software which come with my another scanner (Mini VCI cable)

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Which readings are incorrect you are facing?

    As I have checked with these reading with Toyota tech stream software which come with my another scanner (Mini VCI cable)

    - RKBladeX
    One example which i remember when using it was cvt oil temp

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    One example which i remember when using it was cvt oil temp
    I will check this reading on my another scanner (Mini VCI cable) on Toyota Tech stream software if it will consistent on both scanner with little difference then i can say these reading are fine i will share both readings.

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    I will check this reading on my another scanner (Mini VCI cable) on Toyota Tech stream software if it will consistent on both scanner with little difference then i can say these reading are fine i will share both readings.

    - RKBladeX
    But what settings (protocol) are you using to connect to ECU?

    My transmission cvt is showing 20celcius which is definitly wrong cos the outside temperature is 30
    Thanks

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    But what settings (protocol) are you using to connect to ECU?

    My transmission cvt is showing 20celcius which is definitly wrong cos the outside temperature is 30
    Thanks
    Well its automatically connected with my car ECU when i press connect to ECU button. I don't select protocol manually.

    Well 20 C is way too low and that is not correct i think. Well my software say 'No Data' on A/T Temp reading. if i remember correctly.

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Well its automatically connected with my car ECU when i press connect to ECU button. I don't select protocol manually.

    Well 20 C is way too low and that is not correct i think. Well my software say 'No Data' on A/T Temp reading. if i remember correctly.

    - RKBladeX
    The settings are in the summary page where you click on connect to ecu

    The setting is called select ecu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •