Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 484 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    to each his own......
    Precisely!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure about either cat look or rat look for that matter, but I am sure glad that my old '61 has finally been given what it deserves - even if a work in progress.

I drove it back from LHR to ISB on the motorway (in its unrestored condition) in the sultry August heat basically non-stop, it never missed a beat with its original stale-air 40hp engine. The shot front suspension and worn-to-the-bone steering box certainly made for 'interesting' handling though
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ All

criticize MAGAR pyaar se

I have seen a few holier than the pope kinda people but they have nothing to show as their accomplishment.

Reezwan you have surely added a lot of value through your thread though but everu one does not, cannot and must not go in to that much detail.

Frankly when used to hear of that much intricacies in restoration it actually demotivated me from starting a project.

Look at Murtaza Murti's project Asad went into so much detail in the engine rebuild that it felt he was about to launch a rocket through a VW Beetle engine but what has the project come too almost nothing!
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ All

criticize MAGAR pyaar se

I have seen a few holier than the pope kinda people but they have nothing to show as their accomplishment.

Reezwan you have surely added a lot of value through your thread though but everu one does not, cannot and must not go in to that much detail.

Frankly when used to hear of that much intricacies in restoration it actually demotivated me from starting a project.

Look at Murtaza Murti's project Asad went into so much detail in the engine rebuild that it felt he was about to launch a rocket through a VW Beetle engine but what has the project come too almost nothing!
    Well I cant really explain what @AsadIshaque was trying to accomplish with @murtaza_murti's project motor but I guess I can speak for myself.

The thing is that when I was about to kick off the project, I was disappointed by not finding the details on the parts/DIY/work areas etc that I was looking for the way I wanted to. So what I decided was to do it myself, both for my satisfaction as well as for future reference for others.

I tried and debated with veterans, just in order to make the veterans explain in details for those who wouldn't dare ask (being shy of asking) basic questions such as what is the Original/Stock/Factory location of the 12V Voltage Regulator for a specific year.

By digging deep and going into details, I tried and elaborated for all newbies, what the veterans would only recommend and send them to the best in the VW trade, such as electrical jobs, mechanical jobs, body paint jobs etc. demonstrating that everyone with the nice set of reference could do it onself instead of waiting on the "best of the trade" to be available for plugging your horn wires.

I tried and fished out and collected all the references I could find in one thread, trying to leave a future reference for all the wanna bes, about parts and stampings and codings and procedures.

I know I may not have completed my project YET but when you ask me, I think I have accomplished more than enjoying driving a finished VW project by others and being more help than by posting pictures of picnics, by trying and being all the help I could be for those newbies out there, for knowing their hobby cars better.

But thats my personal opinion, ofcourse.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Reezwan
    Agreed you surely have done a lot of hard work wrt getting all the details but dont start rubbing everyone the wrong way... just do your thing. I have recently acquired a bug mainly to try to get the body work done by a new panel beater near my place and see how it goes you could call it a test project... will look forward to your and Xulfiqar's input specially.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Reezwan
    Agreed you surely have done a lot of hard work wrt getting all the details but dont start rubbing everyone the wrong way... just do your thing. I have recently acquired a bug mainly to try to get the body work done by a new panel beater near my place and see how it goes you could call it a test project... will look forward to your and Xulfiqar's input specially.
    I am not trying to rub anyone at all. I was refering to the two picnics Patina has seen through, the chenab sands run and the cholistan desert errand. Both trips have been covered through pictures but it wasn't any fun when compared with the DIY itself to detail out the procedures and all.

@Xulfiqar and @nmshaikh are great help that I have had to this day with my project. However, I am still learning about these wonder lil cars but I would try and give away my 2 cents whenever needed once your resto kicks off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Reezwan
    Exactly my point...e.g I see that your car needs the front wheels aligned, it is too high in the back and a long list if I were to go nit picking but its your pride and joy so I'd keep my comments / observations to myself and offer my 2 cents worth only if asked. I got my vert done by Rustum and he mucked it up. I have yet to meet someone who can point out the flaws but I know where they are and would remove those when I have the time. Until then I am happy to enjoy the ride in whatever state it is. Most enthusiasts here (including myself) are not aiming for concourse restorations and I offer support when requested. One must fully appreciate that we rely on limited resources when restoring VW's in Pakistan so I would look at the bigger picture when offering feedback
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly my point...e.g I see that your car needs the front wheels aligned, it is too high in the back and a long list if I were to go nit picking but its your pride and joy so I'd keep my comments / observations to myself and offer my 2 cents worth only if asked. I got my vert done by Rustum and he mucked it up. I have yet to meet someone who can point out the flaws but I know where they are and would remove those when I have the time. Until then I am happy to enjoy the ride in whatever state it is. Most enthusiasts here (including myself) are not aiming for concourse restorations and I offer support when requested. One must fully appreciate that we rely on limited resources when restoring VW's in Pakistan so I would look at the bigger picture when offering feedback
    Exactly what I am doing too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Exactly what I am doing too.
    and maybe that is what Shahzeb plans to do with his ride as well

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and maybe that is what Shahzeb plans to do with his ride as well
    Could be, I agree. But I had only asked a question, I dunno what made you to take it as if I was being nit picky.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Could be, I agree. But I had only asked a question, I dunno what made you to take it as if I was being nit picky.
    to answer that question I'd just suggest you re-read your posting

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to answer that question I'd just suggest you re-read your posting
    I did read my original post that was pointed at @shahzebulhaq and it asks a question (with end portion suggesting what the correct shape of the fender should be like).

And if you are referring to my answer to your CATLOOK post, whatever I said is valid still as its the only thing that a body/paint job ought not to look like after paying that kind of money that @shahzebulhaq paid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did read my original post that was pointed at @shahzebulhaq and it asks a question (with end portion suggesting what the correct shape of the fender should be like).

And if you are referring to my answer to your CATLOOK post, whatever I said is valid still as its the only thing that a body/paint job ought not to look like after paying that kind of money that @shahzebulhaq paid.
    Yeah true, beautiful but just on the outside!

Last time I checked a photo of the front wall/under dash posted by @shahzebulhaq on the FB was disappointingly poor job on the interior.

@shahzebulhaq believes it was "work in progress" photo though. Still waiting to see those 'under the fender/luggage area/engine bay/front wall' pictures which @shahzebulhaq promised. Will form my judgment about IRFAN once see the mentioned pictures.

B/w @shahzebulhaq is this the angle or what because I see the front left fender kind of out of shape in this image. The fender's semi-circle should be consistent with the round shape of the wheel

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah true, beautiful but just on the outside!

Last time I checked a photo of the front wall/under dash posted by @shahzebulhaq on the FB was disappointingly poor job on the interior.

@shahzebulhaq believes it was "work in progress" photo though. Still waiting to see those 'under the fender/luggage area/engine bay/front wall' pictures which @shahzebulhaq promised. Will form my judgment about IRFAN once see the mentioned pictures.

B/w @shahzebulhaq is this the angle or what because I see the front left fender kind of out of shape in this image. The fender's semi-circle should be consistent with the round shape of the wheel
    The first portion is about the quality of job the painter did and about me forming an opinion about his standards. I have seen what I have described in first portion where I discussed patiner's quality of job.

Probably it would have been better if you had waited to see the picture I was refering to. May be you already have and not inclined to accept that it was pathetic piece of work under dash, as I remember tagging you in that pic posted by @shahzebulhaq on FB which shahzeb happened to remove immediately after reading the comments I left.

About second portion, read in continuity and you might be able to read it the way it is supposed to be read...i.e. as a question.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -400881

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

beautiful...simply beautiful!
    Thank you Nasir bhai, you will love it more when u see it live.. Arshad ustad, Khalid Ustad, Zafar parts n paint dealer All praised Irfans job and i payed him a small reward even after his delayed completion because its a job well done by him which is not common in this part of the world.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzebulhaq View Post
    Thank you Nasir bhai, you will love it more when u see it live.. Arshad ustad, Khalid Ustad, Zafar parts n paint dealer All praised Irfans job and i payed him a small reward even after his delayed completion because its a job well done by him which is not common in this part of the world.
    Inshallah. PM me if you need any parts for ACR

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    Not sure about either cat look or rat look for that matter, but I am sure glad that my old '61 has finally been given what it deserves - even if a work in progress.

I drove it back from LHR to ISB on the motorway (in its unrestored condition) in the sultry August heat basically non-stop, it never missed a beat with its original stale-air 40hp engine. The shot front suspension and worn-to-the-bone steering box certainly made for 'interesting' handling though
    Aleem your 61 is waiting for you to drive er again.. but this time with me in the next VCCCP cross country rally
    It is being rebuild and restored with a lot of love, patience and Hard work. Thanks to Nasir bhai it is one of the most unique cars now with different original period correct accessories & parts, high quality paint job by Irfan, panel beating by both cousins Ali Akhtar and Baber, the engine magic of Khalid sb, interior by Zaheer ustad the great, expert opinion at every step by Javaid Ibrahim sb (who has build more cars with his hands then any one else in Pakistan), and my khawari on top of it all because its ACR and baegum ki birthday ka gift

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I should drop by already and take a look at the happenings first hand. What engine will she be running? matching numbers? and of course, cant wait to see the interior. Always wanted to see Zaheer Ustaad's work take shape.

Quote Originally Posted by shahzebulhaq View Post
    Aleem your 61 is waiting for you to drive er again.. but this time with me in the next VCCCP cross country rally
    It is being rebuild and restored with a lot of love, patience and Hard work. Thanks to Nasir bhai it is one of the most unique cars now with different original period correct accessories & parts, high quality paint job by Irfan, panel beating by both cousins Ali Akhtar and Baber, the engine magic of Khalid sb, interior by Zaheer ustad the great, expert opinion at every step by Javaid Ibrahim sb (who has build more cars with his hands then any one else in Pakistan), and my khawari on top of it all because its ACR and baegum ki birthday ka gift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

should drop by already and take a look at the happenings first hand. What engine will she be running? matching numbers? and of course, cant wait to see the interior. Always wanted to see Zaheer Ustaad's work take shape.
    You are welcome, yes the 1200cc matching number original engine that is being redone on standard by khalid sb. Will call you over when Zaheer ustad starts his work..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothers cheak this out our beetles in action in ravi .

yes beetles can surve us in almost every condition :-)

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List