Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 484 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dr asad.

yes a reasonable distributor will do. i could then try and get it overhauled. however, the play in the shaft is something that can hardly be fixed in pakistan and unfortunatley that is the most common flaw in most distributors in pakistan.

the beetle is indeed a 1965. airvents, steering wheel and VIN number are a testament to that.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ au

The mystery deepens. I always thought your bug was a 66. To clear all doubts once n for all please state the VIN number, at least the first 3 digits if not completely.

Let the search for a good dizzy begin n make us dizzy!!

I suggest you also look at Aussie swapmeets n the www for a good deal.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

If I were you I would never leave a freshly painted car at the garage even if you have the deal that they paint any damaged panels for free. There would be issues like the paint not mathcing up properly especially if you go for a custom color mix, which Im quite sure you will!

Garage people are careless mostly. They bump things into cars, make a mess all over the place, put dirty/heavy things on clean surfaces etc etc......

Please let me know the cost of Urethane bushes when you do decide to import/carry in the stuff. Maybe Id request for a set if possible for you.

Are the dished pistons available new locally?? I think not. So would you be using second hand ones?

And Im not so happy with the fact that you would not be sharing the engine specs with anyone, including us!!

Best regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

Today I went to the scrapyard and witnessed murder again! It was a poor 1970 1200A VW. That 'A' is not a typo. It was the most basic beetle at that time.

Romano are you listening??? I think you have exactly the same model.

Here are some facts about it....

This came with the earlier style pre 67 narrow blade bumpers minus the over riders or towel rails.

Oval pre 67 tail lights.

Had Horn grills on the front fenders.

Came minus a fuel gauge!! Had a fuel reserve tap (unfortunately missing on the car or else I would have danced with few clothes on!) A pre 67 fuel gauge was fit by the last owners.

Had a foot dipper switch for the headlights.

Had an old style screw on rear view mirror. In black plastic unlike the chrome ones.

Came with one sunvisor only!! The passenger side visor mounting holes were blanked off by plastic plugs!

Had single circuit brakes!! Had a unique reservoir bottle. Saw it for the first time!

Had single speed wipers like on the early bugs.

Did not have provision to mount pop out rear side windows....no screw holes on the body for the hinges or latches.

And now the saddest fact. It lay DEAD, hacked in several pieces on the dusty ground.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    don't worry, you'll know what's under the hood via email. dushed pistons are not available new here but i think my mechanic still has a set from a van which came from switzerland a while back. i think it was one of those "euro emissions" things. as for the bushes, once i head out of here i'll make a post that i'm off, just email me the specs then and i'll pick them up for you.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a little randon...i've got a book with a picture for a rollcage in a bettle semi perminent...let me know storm

@Asad i remember Romano sayin that the econo had only a single horn grill on the font fender as in only on one side..and no passanger grab bar ...the one above the dash
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kpsheikh
    dude, you are like a knight in shining armour for me lately,... again it seems i'll owe you one. (and yes i have had your mags so long i have memorised them)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad, pity about the '70 1200A. People just have no sense. The 1200A upto 1967 had only one horn grill opening (see Zohare Haider's beige car in Karachi), but twin openings after that. The 1200A also retained the 6V setup till late 1969, long after the 1300 cars had switched to 12V. These econo cars have all been subsequently switched to 12V in Pakistan, however one curious 'leftover' is the wiper motor. Most cars retain a 6V motor with a relay to 'step down' current. My car has the twin circuit brake bottle, so the car you saw might be pre 1968 (with the front fenders replaced) the chassis number would you the exact production date. I can send you data.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dr asad.

unfortunatley i don't have the VIN number with me. rest assured it is a 1965.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saw this in pindi today, guy claimed it was an original condition 1302,... something told me it wasn't.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -779876

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, me and Asad bhai know this car. We met the owner few months ago. I think he said he was sending the car to his father in Islamabad.

The condition of the car was awesome! The engine had been built a year back I think...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A question about urathane bushes? is it really owrth while putting them in the front?!? I've been told by khalid ustad that they crack easyily...they are actually made of hard urethane....

Also...has anyone tried a shortened front axel?!?!?!...
    enables the car to sit in the weeds ...and front wheels to still turn...

Inshallah going to buy a VW tomorrow...haha today Friday...a '67 will put pics up does need a little TLC
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the car used to be in KHI, that's what the owner said too. the guy is the owner of Karachi autos or something like that in pindi. looked liek a great car and the paint was excelletn but it had 1303 tail lights and there were many incorrect parts inside and out. what i wasn't impressed with was the way the guy spoke to me, treated me like a kid who knew nothing about VW's,... i just smiled at him and said "jee sir, jee sir, wah jee wah sir" when he told me about his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Romano

It was a 1970 bug for sure. 110 series. The brake reservoir bottle was unique and Original VW with part number and all. Havent seen one like that in person or even on the www. It was like the post 68 bottle only a bit shorter in lenght. Had one outlet of course.

Yes you are right about the fender horn grills. Pre 67 one on standards, post 68 two on the standards.

One such standard 67 escaped me while I was looking for my first bug way back in 1998. It was located by my brother in Lahore, a one owner gem in Beige color. Outside had been resprayed only once. Only welding done was a small patch to the floor. Sigh! Tough luck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

Yes psyborg and I have seen this very car. Interesting thing is the custom made wooden bumper over riders! Did you not notice them???

The car is very very clean but maybe not by Isb standards. Yes few parts are incorrect but then we have so many bugs with incorrect parts on the road. The driver may be arrogant and idiotic but that bug is SWEET!

@kpshiekh

I think Khalid ustad is wrong about the urethane bushes cracking up.

Dont even think about messing with the front beam or for that matter the suspension in Pakistan. For starters we dont have people with the expertise to make such mods here and secondly where would you drive your lowered car????? The moon has a surface smoother
    than our roads!!

Waiting impatiently for pics of the 67.......

Best regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad, here are some pics I took while in F8 markaz Islamabad.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781589

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781590

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781591
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad, agree with the dropped spindles and yes the roads really are bad.

I'll be changing the absorbers to GAS charger on the front and thats about it really.

the '67 i'm so pleased with it drive it any excuse i get...
    Got it thanks to Romano...he spotted it, two weeks later sold the civic and had the vw...hehe.

@Romano I've seen that car in pindi the kid's had the work done from arshad at khalid's workshop. widened the arches by two inches.

He's got a CZ, one of those with hydrolic uhh what was it , not tappits was it??? minds gone blank. He's got the dual carb manifolds too. however the engine is in the flat layout and needs to be modified to fit the beetle.

the car needs serious TLC
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all i know is it's been a year or more since i dorve a beetle,... untill last night.

i got to drive my previous beetle again,... bought it back from the guy i sold it to, not my niece has it. the car was in the same condition as when i sold it to him.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781635

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm the 1500's back in the family, i really like that car.

@all here are pick of my '67, as far as i can tell the paint on the roof and most of the body is almost original. The fenders have been done and they need to be done again, three of then have dents.

Oh and the interior still has original paint. Supossedly running a 1300 but i'm not too sure the engine code starts with D isn't that a 1200. but then the carb manifold is off a 1300, larger dia.

love it just the same.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781708

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781709

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781710

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -781711
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List