Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default honda City iDSI idle rpm problem

Salam PWers!
    I am facing some unstable idle problem in my iDSI city. A video has been attached for proper reference to the problem.
    When i start the car, the rpm shoots to 2K(which is normal) but when it is returning to the idle state (700), it shoots past it and goes well below 400 before returning to 700. this can be seen in the videos. Due to this, sometimes the car just shuts off. What could be the problem?
    In the video, one can see that the car shakes/vibrates a lot when the idle rpm falls below 400 during the second time i start the car.
    The car in question is a 2003 Honda City i-DSI with 47K on the ODO. It's on petrol. A few days back, I got some work on the car in which the tappets were adjusted. To access the rockers, intake manifolds and throttle body were completely dismantled and removed. However, no adjustment or work was done on the throttle body. It's after this that I have started experiencing this.
    Any suggestions and help will be deeply appreciated.

Regards.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7e8WwYFpfnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    well guyz, got my issue resolved yesterday. To my surprise, it was merely a cracked worn out wire, just above the throttle body.

Took my car to an expert mechanic, told him the issue, he inspected it all over for about 15 mins and then pulled out this grip. Opened all the tapes, bla bla, cut a few wires, joined them again, threw the bad ones away, put some new ones in and whoalla.

the car is perfect. Idling, startup, even I feel it to have become more responsive now. No rpm drops, no sluggish movements, no nothing.

Since faizan bhai's problem wasn't until he got the TB cleaned, so I suspect the issue to be the same with him as well.

bro, do check the grips and wires just above of the throttle body.

Regards
    Fawad Khan.

Salam. Brother.
    looking for your expert opnion about my city 06 pickup issue. as i have done all tunning engine all, tire size is stock..etc etc.
    as u have said do check the wiring and plugs.. it has anything to do with these wires and plugs related to car pickup.?
    earliest reply wud be helpfull,

Thanks

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default solution to RPM volatility

Dear All
    Its a very miner issue. Dont go to mechanic or changing chowk or IAVC.

Only Use original Air Filter of Honda city. volatility of RPM is due to blockage of air which cannot cross into the engine. when you purchage airfilter confirm that air canbe crossed easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List