Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 153
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: CVT Start Clutch Calibration - The AUTEL Way

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default CVT Start Clutch Calibration - The AUTEL Way

    ALHAMDULILLAH

    I had been looking for a bi-directional scan tool since long and been saving up for it. Finally the much awaited tool arrived yesterday. And I thought of sharing it with fellow members along with posting the first tool application.

    The Steermatic battery had completely drained in the past couple of days and the ECU forgot about the CVT start clutch calibration. Sadly this happens everytime if the battery is disconnected or it completely discharges.

    So instead of the old "drive upto 60 and decelerate method" suggested in ESM, I thought of putting the tool to some use.


    But before I proceed, I must thank the one person who made it possible for me to decide. Without his input, I would have ended up with a wrong choice or some chinese clone.

    The one and only, our teacher, our automotive mentor, our guru and our respectful elder brother @Xulfiqar bhai.

    Thanks alot Xulfiqar bhai.

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457460

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Okay here we go

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457456

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457457

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457458

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457459


    Proof of Product Authenticity (Online Registration)

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457455


    Now the Calibration Procedure.

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457461

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457462

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457463

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457464

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457465

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457466

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457468

    CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457469



    Question: So whats my point:

    The point is: when your CVT starts giving poor idle in D (excessive vibarations), and idles itself all fine in N, you would want to calibrate you r transmission start clutch. Most Honda dealerships and some "gheroo-program" mechanics advise throttle body service, engine/tranny mounting replacements, valve body replacements and what not.

    However, its just a couple of steps in procedure to get it back on road hassle free.

    Happy CVT driving. Cheers

    JazakAllah
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  2. #61
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    cam phaser is the funky looking cam pulley
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    oh yes that is what i am talking about :d

    those things are really 'nicely' designed :p
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  4. #63
    PakWheeler Follow
    hamz80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nauman,

    Appreciate the time and efforts put-in yesterday. It was definitely a pleasure meeting you.
    Will try to get hold of the sorted vacuum leak to bring the idle down.
    Thanks once again.

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamz80 View Post
    Nauman,

    Appreciate the time and efforts put-in yesterday. It was definitely a pleasure meeting you.
    Will try to get hold of the sorted vacuum leak to bring the idle down.
    Thanks once again.
    JazakAllah Hammad bhai,

    The pleasure is all mine. InshaAllah, the pre-requisites shall be sorted out. I am also looking into the probable causes and how to diagnose high idle.

    Will update you once I get hold of the information.

    As a starter, we may need to clean the PCV and arrange for a DIY smoke machine or a vaccuum gauge.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    my corolla's check engine light has come on!! i am feeling slow throttle response and loss of power at times....i took off the battery terminal to reset the ecu...it went away for a day and next day CEL has again come up?

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    my corolla's check engine light has come on!! i am feeling slow throttle response and loss of power at times....i took off the battery terminal to reset the ecu...it went away for a day and next day CEL has again come up?
    Have you tried to scan the codes???

    You car is in Limp Home Mode. Thats why you are experiencing loss of power.

    Any electrical or mechnical job done lately???


    Regarding CEL going away and then coming back, thats toyota's way of looking over the problem in 2-Cycle check. Once you clear the DTC, the car (even if it see's the same problem in 1st cycle) waits for 2nd start and drive cycle till it throws back the DTC again.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Have you tried to scan the codes???

    You car is in Limp Home Mode. Thats why you are experiencing loss of power.

    Any electrical or mechnical job done lately???


    Regarding CEL going away and then coming back, thats toyota's way of looking over the problem in 2-Cycle check. Once you clear the DTC, the car (even if it see's the same problem in 1st cycle) waits for 2nd start and drive cycle till it throws back the DTC again.
    Thanx for the concern sir!
    I dont know about any job history as just purchased the car recently! it was alright at the time of purchase but after couple of hours the cel came up!
    Anyways got the issue resolved! the tech retrieved the error code with the help of obd scanner! it was showing 'throttle/pedal position sensor error' ..he cleaned the pedal sensor as well as tps and now hopefully the issue is resolved...no error codes or cel as of yet...lets hope it doesnt come back

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    just for future reference, if you get the pedal travel sensor error code - its usually caused by aggressive cleaning of the area with something like compressed air or water.

    gently vacuum out dirt from the area if you find some.

    The throttle position feedback error is different and that originates from the throttlebody.

    How did the tech manage to clean the pedal sensor? he opened it up completely?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    JazakAllah Hammad bhai,

    The pleasure is all mine. InshaAllah, the pre-requisites shall be sorted out. I am also looking into the probable causes and how to diagnose high idle.

    Will update you once I get hold of the information.

    As a starter, we may need to clean the PCV and arrange for a DIY smoke machine or a vaccuum gauge.
    Call @syncview and arrange some cigars, the nice ones
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    JazakAllah Hammad bhai,

    The pleasure is all mine. InshaAllah, the pre-requisites shall be sorted out. I am also looking into the probable causes and how to diagnose high idle.

    Will update you once I get hold of the information.

    As a starter, we may need to clean the PCV and arrange for a DIY smoke machine or a vaccuum gauge.
    Well you can also diagnose vac leak by car cleaner or break cleaner..... secondly you can see short term values to understand if there is a vacum leak or not.

    I did DIY smoke testing by well known Sheesha yes i have it with me....... you just need to decide day for meeting thats all and we shall work on that ride
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  12. #71
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar hope you are doing well, well lately car is not giving any problem that is why i am not disturbing you much...... desprately looking something to work on to quench my thirst that is why bought pocket bike.... will post article later and disturb you with that


    anyway i was wondering what job do you do there at US, are you like us a hobbyist or you own a workshop there?
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    good

    a car should be on the road more rather than in a shop.

    what is your guess about what I do?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #73
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar well following are my observations

    1. Extensive knowledge on cars and engines, you could be one dedicated car enthusiast
    2. Looking at your research skills , You could have been in IT field
    3. Looking at your understanding of Mechanics, You are most probably an engineer
    4. The way you want perfection in things, you are a boss running some own setup
    5. The way you help people , you are a guy who understands pain one is going through, may be you are social worker too

    cant make up my mind so better asked you
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    hmm

    about all qualify
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar dost phir be bataio to sahi
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    just for future reference, if you get the pedal travel sensor error code - its usually caused by aggressive cleaning of the area with something like compressed air or water.

    gently vacuum out dirt from the area if you find some.

    The throttle position feedback error is different and that originates from the throttlebody.

    How did the tech manage to clean the pedal sensor? he opened it up completely?
    I had the same question, but then I thought, hey it could have been a loose grip connection. Still eager to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    Call @syncview and arrange some cigars, the nice ones
    Some CUBAN mahol i presume

    Ahh I miss the B&H days.

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Well you can also diagnose vac leak by car cleaner or break cleaner..... secondly you can see short term values to understand if there is a vacum leak or not.

    I did DIY smoke testing by well known Sheesha yes i have it with me....... you just need to decide day for meeting thats all and we shall work on that ride
    Afnan bhai, I am all up for a meet with you, @syncview and @margallar . Just give me a week or two to attend to some chores.

    By the way, I was more inclined to use cigar lit in bucket method. I am just confused whether to use dust blower or air compressor to feed through the other end into the manifold.

    And about Carb cleaner, we tried that but it didnt reveal anything. And about trims, the car is equiped with a trimpot. No O2

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    @Xulfiqar well following are my observations

    1. Extensive knowledge on cars and engines, you could be one dedicated car enthusiast
    2. Looking at your research skills , You could have been in IT field
    3. Looking at your understanding of Mechanics, You are most probably an engineer
    4. The way you want perfection in things, you are a boss running some own setup
    5. The way you help people , you are a guy who understands pain one is going through, may be you are social worker too

    cant make up my mind so better asked you
    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    hmm

    about all qualify


    I didnt tell him.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    just for future reference, if you get the pedal travel sensor error code - its usually caused by aggressive cleaning of the area with something like compressed air or water.

    gently vacuum out dirt from the area if you find some.

    The throttle position feedback error is different and that originates from the throttlebody.

    How did the tech manage to clean the pedal sensor? he opened it up completely?
    Well he just dismantled the pedal and cleaned it with wd 40....and also cleaned the tps and sprayed wd40 into throttle body as well...cleaned the spark plugs and the cel went away....is the pedal positioning sensor located at the connecting point of pedal or is it located on the floor under the pedal?

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    make your own Smoke Machine........... @syncview sorry i didnt made one as i said..... here is the trick.

    1. Get Paint Can and drill two Four Holes. in its cap
    2. Two holes tale Positive and negative wires or connectors (the one who dont touch metal of cap)
    3. Next two holes are for Air In and Air Out.
    4. Get car lighter wire or similar or specific resistance of 1.5 (if i remember it correctly) Ohm
    5. Make it wrap in spring shape around a cotton
    6. The can should have baby oil just about the level which makes cotton half immerse along with the coil wrapped
    7. Get source of air pump or you can have 5 V dc air pump motor that is used in blood presure monitors. They pump 300mmHg. I have few lying around.

    You got your self smoked oh i mean smoke machine.

    Note: Someone may not be ready to take so much pain but this is intended for guys who want to use it again and again. its a DIY, you can always get a professional smoke machine.........
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    make your own Smoke Machine........... @syncview sorry i didnt made one as i said..... here is the trick.

    1. Get Paint Can and drill two Four Holes. in its cap
    2. Two holes tale Positive and negative wires or connectors (the one who dont touch metal of cap)
    3. Next two holes are for Air In and Air Out.
    4. Get car lighter wire or similar or specific resistance of 1.5 (if i remember it correctly) Ohm
    5. Make it wrap in spring shape around a cotton
    6. The can should have baby oil just about the level which makes cotton half immerse along with the coil wrapped
    7. Get source of air pump or you can have 5 V dc air pump motor that is used in blood presure monitors. They pump 300mmHg. I have few lying around.

    You got your self smoked oh i mean smoke machine.

    Note: Someone may not be ready to take so much pain but this is intended for guys who want to use it again and again. its a DIY, you can always get a professional smoke machine.........
    thanks for sharing
    how much voltage and current to be applied to the coil?


    EDIT:

    Q2 - cotton as in the surgical cotton?

    Q3 - where to get the heater / coil wire from?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    thanks for sharing
    how much voltage and current to be applied to the coil?


    EDIT:

    Q2 - cotton as in the surgical cotton?

    Q3 - where to get the heater / coil wire from?
    the coil can be bought from a electrics shop selling commercial/residential stuff - if you notice paan ka khoka etc, they have a little board with this coil hanging from the side of the khoka with a bell push - its used to light ciggies.

    Thats the coil you want.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •