Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Honda City Aspire Seats

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City Aspire Seats

    i am having a city aspire and the experience with its seats is just pathetic , they are so hard and when i drive my cousin's X corolla or a reborn , their seats are much much much softer and comfortable than the seats of a city. Kindly please tell me that if i want to replace these seats , then for which car's seats should i go and how much would be the cost difference , etc??


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anyone??

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    atifraza127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Same here can any one here..... 2nd is it possible to change honda suspension in to corolla...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cooldevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,047
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    city is all about economy! in terms of comfort suspension and seating, new city is a danda car! my city exis feels much more comfortable than expire! even 7th gen civic is some what better in terms of seating atleast! for suspension and comfort corolla all the way! u cant do anything to improve it! can only add new tyres which may makes the ride a little softer

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    city is all about economy! in terms of comfort suspension and seating, new city is a danda car! my city exis feels much more comfortable than expire! even 7th gen civic is some what better in terms of seating atleast! for suspension and comfort corolla all the way! u cant do anything to improve it! can only add new tyres which may makes the ride a little softer
    which car's seat would you recommend for replacement

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sell that ?hit and go for a used or new corolla according to ur budget
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    AbbasJin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My aspire is coming soon. Based on the lost couple days of reading on the forums, it seems the Aspire can get a bit comfortable when switching from the stock Euro Star 175/xx Tyres to a better brand like Yokohama's Advan DB 185/65 or 195/60 etc etc.

    Thats what I plan to do on day 1 since I wanted an Aspire over a Rolla just because of personal preference to get a Honda

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Quetta
    Age
    27
    Posts
    669
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    City is harder , just like swift !

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbbasJin View Post
    My aspire is coming soon. Based on the lost couple days of reading on the forums, it seems the Aspire can get a bit comfortable when switching from the stock Euro Star 175/xx Tyres to a better brand like Yokohama's Advan DB 185/65 or 195/60 etc etc.

    Thats what I plan to do on day 1 since I wanted an Aspire over a Rolla just because of personal preference to get a Honda
    The seats are harder , that's what the main problem. I never liked Toyota but now regret going for aspire


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nado View Post
    City is harder , just like swift !
    The seats of swift are very comfortable as compared to City's

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tashkeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,061
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My cousins aspire had the same issue. So at last we had to compromise the leather seats. We bought seat covers. And we inserted 1 inch foam as per seat cuttings. Now the seats are as soft as any other car.

    Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,374
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashkeel View Post
    My cousins aspire had the same issue. So at last we had to compromise the leather seats. We bought seat covers. And we inserted 1 inch foam as per seat cuttings. Now the seats are as soft as any other car.

    Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
    smartest thing to do imo ( 1 inch foam part )
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashkeel View Post
    My cousins aspire had the same issue. So at last we had to compromise the leather seats. We bought seat covers. And we inserted 1 inch foam as per seat cuttings. Now the seats are as soft as any other car.

    Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
    How about replacing the seats with any other car's
    Axio ?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tashkeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,061
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khushbakht1 View Post
    How about replacing the seats with any other car's
    Axio ?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I don't think that's a good idea. Alterations and spending money. The process I explained has totally put the situation under control. It's as good as civic.

    Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    taz_rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    2,411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Read this thread and no one pointed out one basic thing. All the new cusions/foam even matresses are hard when they are new& facepalm for people saying there CITY 56' is more comfortable then brand new city aspire or whatever. I have had a recent experience of sitting/driving in three brand new cars Wagon R 2015, Toyota Corolla 2015 & Honda city 2015 (i personally own city exis). Obviously i had the same experience sitting in corrolla and wagon r that is stiff seating just because they are new. they'll soften up with time. What the OP can do is to get 1 inch thick foam pads; cut and place them under seat covers for temporarily.

    Similarly the suspension of PKDM cars are stiff because they are ZERO meter. We find JDM cars soft, comfortable and with soft suspension and comfy seats because almost all of them are USED (a Fact). drive it for a couple of years and then drive a zero meter car you'll feel your car has gone soft with time as compared to that new car.....!
    Kenwood | JVC | Pioneer | Hertz | Alpine | JBL ... x)
    http://www.facebook.com/taz.photos

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,374
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    i am really sorry but used abused foam does not turn into your tv lounge sofa but infact "sinks"
    and a compressed sunk foam is not comfortable
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khushbakht1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    i am really sorry but used abused foam does not turn into your tv lounge sofa but infact "sinks"
    and a compressed sunk foam is not comfortable
    I'm seriously thinking
    to consider the option of 1 inch foaming, should I go for it?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,374
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khushbakht1 View Post
    I'm seriously thinking
    to consider the option of 1 inch foaming, should I go for it?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    yes
    i asked the #1 poshish guy in town
    he suggested same solution
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    kilo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It is all about personal preference, tall people like myself get a sour back on long journeys, and I love the hard seats on my Aspire. A friend of mine just got a Grande and he has had to add extra support because the soft seats are not great for the back.

    I remember since childhood everyone installing the hard seat supports to softer suzuki and toyota seats, so this is a non-issue IMO.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tashkeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,061
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilo19 View Post
    It is all about personal preference, tall people like myself get a sour back on long journeys, and I love the hard seats on my Aspire. A friend of mine just got a Grande and he has had to add extra support because the soft seats are not great for the back.

    I remember since childhood everyone installing the hard seat supports to softer suzuki and toyota seats, so this is a non-issue IMO.
    Quite right

    Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •