Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AC Compressor for civic 99-00 vi orial automatic.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question AC Compressor for civic 99-00 vi orial automatic.

    Hi PW's,

    Hope All of them will fine.

    I have Honda Civic 99-00 vti orial automatic. My compressor is weak and now it not working properly.

    I want to know from experts including @racerali that:

    New compressor is not available in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Is anyone know about new one please tell me. The only option is to buy Kabli compressor???????????

    Which compressor is best for my car either Denso or Sanden in terms of less load on engine, fit in original fitting without alteration or new foundations, Chill cooling and best performance?????????


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,060
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    Hi PW's,

    Hope All of them will fine.

    I have Honda Civic 99-00 vti orial automatic. My compressor is weak and now it not working properly.

    I want to know from experts including @racerali that:

    New compressor is not available in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Is anyone know about new one please tell me. The only option is to buy Kabli compressor???????????

    Which compressor is best for my car either Denso or Sanden in terms of less load on engine, fit in original fitting without alteration or new foundations, Chill cooling and best performance?????????
    First of all have you try Eastern AC Sadder?????????????????
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racerali View Post
    First of all have you try Eastern AC Sadder?????????????????
    @racerali

    My father visit eastern AC today, they give us estimate of ac compressor 31k for new and 12k for kabli one.

    Too much for only ac compressor.

    Which compressor is best DENSO OR SANDEN?

    I heard that SANDEN put too much load on engine. Is this correct?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    chill cooling is not just the responsibility of the compressor. Its the whole system, e.g. if your condenser is bad - the system will overheat and not work.

    let me give you a little example. I have made a few freinds here - one of them owns a 1989 mercedes W126 diesel and naturally it had a terrible A/C for texas, so we set out to find its condenser which was about USD 500/- no way we are paying that, so I installed two generic PF condensers in the car and made pipes for them, same denso 10 cyl old style compressor, same evaporator but new genuine MB expansion valve. Original massive electric cooling fan and also engine driven cooling fan. The electric fan is triggered by the refrigerant switch and only switches on when we were idling at a red light for over a minute.

    After that little exercise - we had fogged up windows and numb hands after driving for a few hours. It was painfully cold at max cool setting.

    But please remember that A/C is not meant to deep freeze you, its to make you comfortable, that is why my cars are always maintained at 22~23 C cabin temperature. For some oddball reason I saw people in Pakistan who wanted 8C cabin temperature when it was 40C outside.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    chill cooling is not just the responsibility of the compressor. Its the whole system, e.g. if your condenser is bad - the system will overheat and not work.

    let me give you a little example. I have made a few freinds here - one of them owns a 1989 mercedes W126 diesel and naturally it had a terrible A/C for texas, so we set out to find its condenser which was about USD 500/- no way we are paying that, so I installed two generic PF condensers in the car and made pipes for them, same denso 10 cyl old style compressor, same evaporator but new genuine MB expansion valve. Original massive electric cooling fan and also engine driven cooling fan. The electric fan is triggered by the refrigerant switch and only switches on when we were idling at a red light for over a minute.

    After that little exercise - we had fogged up windows and numb hands after driving for a few hours. It was painfully cold at max cool setting.

    But please remember that A/C is not meant to deep freeze you, its to make you comfortable, that is why my cars are always maintained at 22~23 C cabin temperature. For some oddball reason I saw people in Pakistan who wanted 8C cabin temperature when it was 40C outside.
    I agree with you 100%. What about ac compressor brand for civic 99-00 according to your point of view having less load on engine having good performance and long life with original fittings.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    the original item was fantastic - its a scroll type compressor.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,060
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @racerali

    My father visit eastern AC today, they give us estimate of ac compressor 31k for new and 12k for kabli one.

    Too much for only ac compressor.

    Which compressor is best DENSO OR SANDEN?

    I heard that SANDEN put too much load on engine. Is this correct?
    Which compressor is best DENSO OR SANDEN?
    Ans:-SANDAN

    I heard that SANDEN put too much load on engine. Is this correct?
    Ans:- Old compressor Put load????????????
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racerali View Post
    Which compressor is best DENSO OR SANDEN?
    Ans:-SANDAN

    I heard that SANDEN put too much load on engine. Is this correct?
    Ans:- Old compressor Put load????????????
    @racerali

    Yes I feel some load on engine when AC is on. Some one said me that SANDAN compressor always put too much load on engine.

    I will go to Mithu ka ahata for buying the Kabli compressor in good condition because right now I does not afford the new compressor.

    Hopefully genuine Japanese compressor will get on reasonable price.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,060
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @racerali

    Yes I feel some load on engine when AC is on. Some one said me that SANDAN compressor always put too much load on engine.

    I will go to Mithu ka ahata for buying the Kabli compressor in good condition because right now I does not afford the new compressor.

    Hopefully genuine Japanese compressor will get on reasonable price.
    Hopefully genuine Japanese compressor will get on reasonable price?
    Ans:- reasonable price but not in very good condition compressor you got

    and honda uses Genuine SANDAN Compressor
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    UmarSattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA dear i recommend that you must opt for a new compressor if you are willing to keep the car for the next 4-5 years. A friend of my just got the compressor replaced from Ahmad car AC a very famous ac wala in lahore. The new one is for 18K and kabli one is for 7K. He opt for kabli one and it is working good.
    It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Civic_Minded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    34
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro I had terrible AC in honda civic 1995, I was suggested to change the cooling box which is inside the cabin but when the whole system was opened, it was found that the compressor was weak as well. So bought a kabli compressor, 99-00 civic cooling box with cabin filter and also changed the condenser with Singapore made which is twice as thick as original. And after that my AC is so chilling that when i get out the car vapors forms on my sunglasses and the car doesnt feel heavy too. And all items bolt on fit

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_Minded View Post
    Bro I had terrible AC in honda civic 1995, I was suggested to change the cooling box which is inside the cabin but when the whole system was opened, it was found that the compressor was weak as well. So bought a kabli compressor, 99-00 civic cooling box with cabin filter and also changed the condenser with Singapore made which is twice as thick as original. And after that my AC is so chilling that when i get out the car vapors forms on my sunglasses and the car doesnt feel heavy too. And all items bolt on fit
    @Civic_Minded

    Thanks bro.

    Cooling box is working fine and look like new. No need to change it. Civic 99-00 does not equipped with in cabin filter.

    Only compressor, dry bottle and expansion valve will change. I will buy HONDA genuine brand new dry bottle and expansion very soon.

    New compressor is not available at honda and Islamabad/Rawalpindi also Honda and motor expert suggest me to buy Kabli compressor came with this model because they can be find in good condition and easily available.

    Also decision about condenser will take on inspection during replacement of compressor.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UmarSattar View Post
    AOA dear i recommend that you must opt for a new compressor if you are willing to keep the car for the next 4-5 years. A friend of my just got the compressor replaced from Ahmad car AC a very famous ac wala in lahore. The new one is for 18K and kabli one is for 7K. He opt for kabli one and it is working good.
    @UmarSattar

    In Islamabad/Rawalpindi, new compressor came with this model is not available even honda does not have. They suggest me to buy Kabli one in excellent condition.

    So only option for compressor is Kabli whereas all other parts including dry bottle, expansion valve, condenser (optional if there is problem exists) will be bought Honda genuine brand new for excellent cooling.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    the used compressors would be ok, they are very robust, before installing them you need to have their main shaft seal changed for a new one, some proper A/C mechanics actually would have it brand new with them, After that flush with the correct oil (not generic - A/C ka tael)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the used compressors would be ok, they are very robust, before installing them you need to have their main shaft seal changed for a new one, some proper A/C mechanics actually would have it brand new with them, After that flush with the correct oil (not generic - A/C ka tael)
    @Xulfiqar

    Can you describe what is main shaft seal and where it is located?

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    main shaft seal is outside the compressor at the front behind the pulley hub and magnet. Its a mechanical seal.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Civic_Minded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    34
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro Japanese honda civic 99-00 are equipped with cabin filter, and its good decision to buy a kabli compressor
    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @Civic_Minded

    Thanks bro.

    Cooling box is working fine and look like new. No need to change it. Civic 99-00 does not equipped with in cabin filter.

    Only compressor, dry bottle and expansion valve will change. I will buy HONDA genuine brand new dry bottle and expansion very soon.

    New compressor is not available at honda and Islamabad/Rawalpindi also Honda and motor expert suggest me to buy Kabli compressor came with this model because they can be find in good condition and easily available.

    Also decision about condenser will take on inspection during replacement of compressor.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_Minded View Post
    Bro Japanese honda civic 99-00 are equipped with cabin filter, and its good decision to buy a kabli compressor
    Bro I have Japanese civic 99-00. These model does not equipped with in cabin filter. The model after 2001 equipped with in cabin filter.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @racerali @Xulfiqar

    Update: I went to Estern CAR AC for your recommendations without any delay. Eastern CAR AC check the issue fully. They checked my compressor, your stock compressor is 100% working fine. No problem at all with compressor.

    Only Full service and checking for gas leakage are required. They opened glove box, took out the blower and evaporator and when I saw these two, I amazed with dirty condition of both of these. After inspection, they said that expansion valve is good, no need of change it.

    They cleaned whole AC Components including condenser and it fan also.

    New Dryer bottle has added with pressure switch with new condenser fan motor because previous one is very slow.

    At last, they filled oil in compressor according to requirements of ac compressor and filled the gas in compressor.

    Now cabin is very chill and temperature in cabin is reached around about 8-10 C at even low rpm and idle state.

    But for better cooling, they take out one of heater pipes from engine hose. I don't know where these pipes are located?

    When I asked them for this, they said, SIR, Hot air may be mixed with cold are and there is slightly difference in cooling occurred. They said me when winter will come, go to any mechanic and tell him to connect the heater pipe, he will connect that heater pipe and heater will work like charm.

    Now @Xulfiqar and @racerali tell me that removal of heater pipes can be harmful to engine, heater or not.

    Is any damage occur with removal of these pipes?

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,060
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @racerali @Xulfiqar

    Update: I went to Estern CAR AC for your recommendations without any delay. Eastern CAR AC check the issue fully. They checked my compressor, your stock compressor is 100% working fine. No problem at all with compressor.

    Only Full service and checking for gas leakage are required. They opened glove box, took out the blower and evaporator and when I saw these two, I amazed with dirty condition of both of these. After inspection, they said that expansion valve is good, no need of change it.

    They cleaned whole AC Components including condenser and it fan also.

    New Dryer bottle has added with pressure switch with new condenser fan motor because previous one is very slow.

    At last, they filled oil in compressor according to requirements of ac compressor and filled the gas in compressor.

    Now cabin is very chill and temperature in cabin is reached around about 8-10 C at even low rpm and idle state.

    But for better cooling, they take out one of heater pipes from engine hose. I don't know where these pipes are located?

    When I asked them for this, they said, SIR, Hot air may be mixed with cold are and there is slightly difference in cooling occurred. They said me when winter will come, go to any mechanic and tell him to connect the heater pipe, he will connect that heater pipe and heater will work like charm.

    Now @Xulfiqar and @racerali tell me that removal of heater pipes can be harmful to engine, heater or not.

    Is any damage occur with removal of these pipes?
    Nothing damage but in Pakistan as car got 8 years old and due to improper maintainance these hot coolent pipes which blows hot air as we adjust temperature control to hot but due to time these hot coolent pipes mixed with cooling and cause loss of cooling due to which Pakistan's mechanics simply stop hot coolent flow and improve cooling nothing damage
    thanks


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •