27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota 2e engine related problem

All experts please help the car in question is a 95 corolla 2e engine. Recently I took the car to mechanic as car was running heavy meaning ?kay ghut kay chal rahi thi?. Mechanic said only the carburetor has to be cleaned and timing has to be set. So he took out he carb did not open every screw, but just sprayed it carefully with a carb cleaner. Some gunk did came out which was like thickened petrol. Then he put it back on the car and adjusted the vacuum piping using a vacuum gauge. The vacuum piping has previously been messed with and the vacuum gauge needle was also showing the vacuum pressure to be in the green area. Then he adjusted the timing using a timing analyzer and told that when the accelerator is pressed the timing is not advancing up to the mark. For that he advised to get the distributor serviced which I didn?t do. Car was running way better than previously it ever had. Suddenly one week later after a long drive on the way back home when I start the car, it starts but when on idle after some vibration which felt like it's dropping RPM and then stops. I have to start it again and it did the same the whole journey back home continuously starting and stopping on idle only, whether the car was cold or at optimum temperature, so started the AC as I thought it will increase the RPM but same happened on AC as well but not so frequent.

So when I was going to the mechanic next day the car was starting and stopping again on idle only and when cold and as soon as it reached optimum temperature it was fine, mechanic said that small particles might have blocked the carb somewhere and it?s not a big issue he swapped the plug wire no. 2 with no. 3 cranked up the car, car made some phat phat noises then he put the wire back to their original positions and car was fine again. Now the problems:

1. It has been a month since going to the mechanic and the car is doing the same again, it starts and when on idle then feels like it?s loosing RPM and then stops after vibrating this happens when cold only it?s fine when on optimum temp or needle midway between cold and optimal temp. Now can anyone please guide me what the problem is and what is it related to? Should I get the distributor serviced as well and timing set as recommended by him? Also I searched a lot on the net some place it says distributor to be set at 5 deg BTDC and other place it is saying 8 or 10 deg BTDC with sub vacuum pipes off. So which one is correct for the 2e engine.

2. The other problem is there are two vacuum ports on the car still open and when I asked why is it so the mechanic has said the vacuum gauge is showing no pressure when attached to them, he says previous mechanics have blocked them in such a way such that opening them is a cumbersome process. So are they part of the problem? Should I get them opened?

3. When the mechanic was setting the vacuum pipes and as the AC was switched on the vacuum gauge was going haywire and the needle was continuously in the red or white zone. But mechanic after some adjustments brought it in the white zone and the needle was stable. He said that the AC is blocked at some place. Went to sabir AC and he opened the evaporator coil in about 8 years, for the first time I have seen anyone opening it and obviously it was clogged badly he serviced the AC thoroughly and was saying everything is fine. Now when I go to the mechanic again and on AC if the vacuum gauge needle still shows that it is in red or white zone what could be the problem? Forgot to mention AC was serviced between this trouble free period.

Sorry in advance to all, for such a detailed problem.

For Solution: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cor...-2#post4892387

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The carb kit is basically changing all jets and other tidbits with new - its a whole kit. Recommended if they didn't do it the first time round. Why do I get the feeling that the person who first serviced your vehicle's carb poked stuff into the jets trying to clean them...The slightest of scratches in the small holes of jets results in great changes. Also, I'm thinking there can be something wrong with the power valve - might be damaged if someone tried to screw it in fully.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nothing was changed.washed with petrol n assembled back.......but yeah u r right......something went off badly in the process i guess.....
    Annoying fact is no black smoke.....only 1 plug was slightly black when checked
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Everyone. The issue has been truly resolved.

The main problem was the fuel mixture was set too lean and because the car had no thermostat valve the carburettors automatic choke was set in such a way that it was working at its minimum.

So thermostat valve was installed and automatic choke was set properly and finally the air fuel mixture was adjusted. No problems in distributor were found, it was running fine. Now the car is running brilliantly, no startup issues, starts in cold or hot without pressing accelerator on one crank.

A big thanks to pakwheelers who helped, @Xulfiqar @capsat @ahsanonline .

A special thanks goes out to Hanif Bhatti bhai @Libra who shared the number of Mushir khan, who did all the job and without whom this will not have been possible.

So thanks to everyone again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 98 corolla

Hi friends. I have a 98 Corolla same engine. Same case here. Need a good person who can fix the same issue in rawalpindi or even in islamabad I mean good tuning expert. Is it advisable to go to Toyota motors for the same job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ what exactly is the problem? a dozen issues related to 2E hv bn discussed in the thread here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    ^^ what exactly is the problem? a dozen issues related to 2E hv bn discussed in the thread here
    Post 23 explains it
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2e engine cluch problem

I have toyota 1988 modle with 2e engine 12 vlve petrol..when I drive 30 mint and I press the cluch for chngibg gaeer the engine getoff mean.( band ho jata hy)..someone say the carburetor falt so I chnge it I but new mehran carburator.but I have still same problm..plz anyone tell me what can I do...am very worry..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check pvc valve / vacuum pipes

also check fuel pump might be weak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List