87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My take on the 11th gen Corolla

Our new Gli MT finally arrived after a wait of more than 4 months and lots of arguing with dealership but finally it's here. This thread format will be different form others in the fact that here I will give my impressions of the car in light of having a 9th gen Altis, a 10th gen Altis and 10th gen gli and now this all together in the same household and seeing how far IMC has progressed. Having owed each generation of Corolla since 80s and three generations of Honda Civic as well ill try to make the review interesting with lots of healthy comparisons on usefull factual points. Plus some cheeky comparisons here and there with the Mercedes may not hurt either.

So stay tuned I'll be updating with pics and also be discussing add ons in this thread. The car purpose is to be used as a daily driver so I am not the sole person responsible for it so I'll be reviewing it from a objective standpoint in this thread rather than merely describing it as the owner.

page 1....... delivery and initial impressions

review pending.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A teaser

My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1595532

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Everyone's been comparing it to the Civic which is all well and good but how far has it come on its own? Time to find out!
    Subscribed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congrats bro
    Allah naseeb kare
    drive safe
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allah Naseeb karaaa.....drive safe.
    Subscribed as well

Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Color is black as mentioned on key bag

Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats
    May you always be Happy :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MASHA ALLAH congratulation...!!!
    ?If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many many congrats brother

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou all for the wishes, really means a lot. Proper review starts after chand raat but here's a the initial impression

I REALLY LIKE IT,

for the first time it does not feel like a utilitarian Corolla gli but is tempting me to get inside it. It's certainly been very well received by the family. But this is just the cover of the book. The book is yet to follow.

Your call if you want to judge a book by its cover

Meanwhile here's another teaser

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1437158192.013039.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  79.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1437158249.266847.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  56.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Heartiest congratulations on the new car Arzaam Bhai. My sincerest wishes and prayers. May Allah bless you and your family with all the joy and safety.
    Thread subscribed. Anxiously waiting for your feedbacks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Heartiest congratulations on the new car Arzaam Bhai. My sincerest wishes and prayers. May Allah bless you and your family with all the joy and safety.
    Thread subscribed. Anxiously waiting for your feedbacks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    thanks a lot, will try not to disappoint everybody especially you after your threads are a inspiration.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nightmares

taking delivery of the car was a different experience this time round compared to previous times with IMC. first of all this time toyota walton really bugged me, they told 2.5 months delivery time then after 2.5 months they said it'll take 3 more months making various excuses etc, after arguing they said if i choose silver color ill be able to get it next week,i said okay that week also expired and after some more arguing the car finally arrived before eid, in attitude black our chosen color. actually all our corolla's are black never had any other color. the experience this time round was such that i would have recombined anybody else to just get a used car of some else model.

Now you may have heard about horror stories or even true horror stories elsewhere on the forum but here after delivery it was a nightmare. we know IMC cheap out when putting fuel in the car, the reserve light was on and trip computer said range is zero. which didn't bother me as i expected it, what i did not expect was to run out of petrol with 1.2km before reaching a petrol station!! maybe somebody idled the car too long and sat in ac because shahid roza lag raha ho, because this was pretty much inexcusable, khair it was ramzan so i sent the other person in the other car we came in to get some petrol, the petrol station did not have proper jerry can or funnel or anything and while filling up petrol by hand(in a brand new car) some splashed on the paint, quickly cleaned it up but man it made me cringe.

khair got the car home. i coudnt get any first impressions forma he ride home as i had mixed feelings about delivery and was not clear headed enough to notice anything and did i mention it was so hot in lahore. the only i impression i had was man the clutch in this model is super light, the one in our old gli is pretty heavy this feel super light but the bititng point didn't felt good or smooth, but it was only driven 32km not o mention the car had just ran out of petrol.

trust me i have had more enjoyable drives home in just about every other new or used car bought, so not a good start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first round of pics,

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19643556908 7a7369451a hIMG_4861 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19643616930 045f89ada8 hIMG_4864 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19643569160 55282ccb9a hIMG_4873 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19208966314 c3bab43696 hIMG_4888 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19643592290 5a39890527 hIMG_4889 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19805452916 34820197ed hIMG_4887 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think this is the first thread of GLI M/T on PW ... Congratulations Bhatti sahib.. nice car and photos too
    "Your time on this Earth is limited, don't live someone Else's life, live by your own vision''.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congrats n safe driving

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so when i finally got home i did a detailed walk around to get a feel of the car and here is the list of quality control issues i found

1. the windshield washer bottle dipstick was missing, all of my other corollas have it maybe other ones can share if they have it or not.

2. the plastic bit at the end of the rod used to prop up the bonnet is made of the crappiest lump of plastic ever, i literally got it in the whole after 4 or 5 times and i remember the guy at the dealership also struggling with it when showing me around before delivery, really low quality part(ill attach a picture of it later in this space)

3. the oil filter is made in china?? i mean it says original denso but says made in china, i have never seen or heard of this before, are they using sub standard parts from the factory or maybe the duty on filters form china is low, and if it is low why on earth do the dealerships dont have it and only have Thailand and sometimes japanese oil filters. i smell something really rotten here

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19213344524 bb94ba5475 hIMG_4878 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

4. in newer models they stopped painting the vvti logo, i preferred the painted one in 2010 gli gives some color to the otherwise dull engine bay and while at it please give a engine undercover shield in gli as well only costs a fiver i am sure.

5. no ecu cover, almost all owners i know spent the extra 200-400rs and got the ecu cover after buying the car, so why not charge 400s extra form the start and simply preinstall it in the car will save a lot of bother to customers.

6. paint had scratches which would normally made me cringe but honesty i was expecting a whole lot worse swirls seeing how the wash at dealerships, i think actually the paint is pretty spotless, the minor swirls were only on the bonnet and trunk, and i am not going be detailing this car anyway as i am not actively incharge of it, ill make sure its treated with dignity but swirls going to come soon on it anyway

hood
    My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19828604602 504e7dd325 hIMG_4868 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

the side mirror
    My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19835987215 cae35a267f hIMG_4870 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

7. paint has metallic flaws this time in black color which is very welcome maybe they'll give pearl white next time instead of dull super white. though i have a question for IMC: itni kanjoosi say flakes? you'll hardly see them they are very dull and far apart.

8. orange peel i noticed more than all of my older models, but maybe because paint is fresh and no abrasive has been used, and paint quality actually seemed to be better finished around certain areas such as door handles where it was lacking before.

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19828580662 a04ecad932 hIMG_4863 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

9. the wheel arch gap is really not absurd as people make out atlas in my piece, i mean its on par with what i have seen on international models at least in india, as far as i know (correct me on this) the suspension struts are made in Pakistan this time. so since IMC uses a lot of different vendors maybe on some cars they did not make the eight to spec as it originally should have been while others look fine to me just a personal observation. the whole car is jacked up than before and height is equivalent to 9th model it seems. oh and i tired to get my head in the arch gap and it was clearly too small, so either my head is twice the size of others or either other cars are twice the height of mine, both very interesting propositions.

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19809779946 df6f14dd49 hIMG_4865 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

10. no mud flaps side skirts or anything,normally i dont mine this sort of stuff, my Mercedes does not have mud flaps either but when you jack up the car this high and you can actually see 60% of the height of the tyre and the old fished steel girders on the frame and suspension it really looks bad. almost feels like the car needs huge rally style mud flaps to hide everything.

11. opened the boot and this clip was lying smack in the centre broken form somewhere, although i appreciate imc giving a boot liner this time but maybe they need a but more practice in this clearly unorthodox addition in their tradition

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19647961028 8fc8c8ffc4 hIMG_4885 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19809798896 125c2e9e48 hIMG_4882 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

12. the key though exactly the same design feels more cheaply finished than the old gli, ill attach here pictures of both side by side and maybe you can judge later

all is not lost though next up is the list of the improvements in quality(yes there are some actually) over previous generations.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just for reference heres the picture of the paint quality on my 2010 altis

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 15029210402 2902687a70 kDSC02014 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

normally i dont expect automakers to take steps back in their new models but pakistani automakers are a exception, i could give a vaguely similar list even in two 8th gen civics we had but IMC seems to be dropping the ball from a height when it comes to 11th gen corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    so when i finally got home i did a detailed walk around to get a feel of the car and here is the list of quality control issues i found

1. the windshield washer bottle dipstick was missing, all of my other corollas have it maybe other ones can share if they have it or not.

2. the plastic bit at the end of the rod used to prop up the bonnet is made of the crappiest lump of plastic ever, i literally got it in the whole after 4 or 5 times and i remember the guy at the dealership also struggling with it when showing me around before delivery, really low quality part(ill attach a picture of it later in this space)

3. the oil filter is made in china?? i mean it says original denso but says made in china, i have never seen or heard of this before, are they using sub standard parts from the factory or maybe the duty on filters form china is low, and if it is low why on earth do the dealerships dont have it and only have Thailand and sometimes japanese oil filters. i smell something really rotten here

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19213344524 bb94ba5475 hIMG_4878 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

4. in newer models they stopped painting the vvti logo, i preferred the painted one in 2010 gli gives some color to the otherwise dull engine bay and while at it please give a engine undercover shield in gli as well only costs a fiver i am sure.

5. no ecu cover, almost all owners i know spent the extra 200-400rs and got the ecu cover after buying the car, so why not charge 400s extra form the start and simply preinstall it in the car will save a lot of bother to customers.

6. paint had scratches which would normally made me cringe but honesty i was expecting a whole lot worse swirls seeing how the wash at dealerships, i think actually the paint is pretty spotless, the minor swirls were only on the bonnet and trunk, and i am not going be detailing this car anyway as i am not actively incharge of it, ill make sure its treated with dignity but swirls going to come soon on it anyway

hood
    My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19828604602 504e7dd325 hIMG_4868 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

the side mirror
    My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19835987215 cae35a267f hIMG_4870 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

7. paint has metallic flaws this time in black color which is very welcome maybe they'll give pearl white next time instead of dull super white. though i have a question for IMC: itni kanjoosi say flakes? you'll hardly see them they are very dull and far apart.

8. orange peel i noticed more than all of my older models, but maybe because paint is fresh and no abrasive has been used, and paint quality actually seemed to be better finished around certain areas such as door handles where it was lacking before.

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19828580662 a04ecad932 hIMG_4863 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

9. the wheel arch gap is really not absurd as people make out atlas in my piece, i mean its on par with what i have seen on international models at least in india, as far as i know (correct me on this) the suspension struts are made in Pakistan this time. so since IMC uses a lot of different vendors maybe on some cars they did not make the eight to spec as it originally should have been while others look fine to me just a personal observation. the whole car is jacked up than before and height is equivalent to 9th model it seems. oh and i tired to get my head in the arch gap and it was clearly too small, so either my head is twice the size of others or either other cars are twice the height of mine, both very interesting propositions.

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19809779946 df6f14dd49 hIMG_4865 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

10. no mud flaps side skirts or anything,normally i dont mine this sort of stuff, my Mercedes does not have mud flaps either but when you jack up the car this high and you can actually see 60% of the height of the tyre and the old fished steel girders on the frame and suspension it really looks bad. almost feels like the car needs huge rally style mud flaps to hide everything.

11. opened the boot and this clip was lying smack in the centre broken form somewhere, although i appreciate imc giving a boot liner this time but maybe they need a but more practice in this clearly unorthodox addition in their tradition

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19647961028 8fc8c8ffc4 hIMG_4885 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My take on the 11th gen Corolla - 19809798896 125c2e9e48 hIMG_4882 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

12. the key though exactly the same design feels more cheaply finished than the old gli, ill attach here pictures of both side by side and maybe you can judge later

all is not lost though next up is the list of the improvements in quality(yes there are some actually) over previous generations.
    are you satisfied with it ?
    kindly compare it in drive factor too
    Thanks
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mubarak ho bhai.

I really like the interior especially the dials but I didnt find this car as comfortable as 02-08 corolla

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List