so when i finally got home i did a detailed walk around to get a feel of the car and here is the list of quality control issues i found
1. the windshield washer bottle dipstick was missing, all of my other corollas have it maybe other ones can share if they have it or not.
2. the plastic bit at the end of the rod used to prop up the bonnet is made of the crappiest lump of plastic ever, i literally got it in the whole after 4 or 5 times and i remember the guy at the dealership also struggling with it when showing me around before delivery, really low quality part(ill attach a picture of it later in this space)
3. the oil filter is made in china?? i mean it says original denso but says made in china, i have never seen or heard of this before, are they using sub standard parts from the factory or maybe the duty on filters form china is low, and if it is low why on earth do the dealerships dont have it and only have Thailand and sometimes japanese oil filters. i smell something really rotten here
IMG_4878 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
4. in newer models they stopped painting the vvti logo, i preferred the painted one in 2010 gli gives some color to the otherwise dull engine bay and while at it please give a engine undercover shield in gli as well only costs a fiver i am sure.
5. no ecu cover, almost all owners i know spent the extra 200-400rs and got the ecu cover after buying the car, so why not charge 400s extra form the start and simply preinstall it in the car will save a lot of bother to customers.
6. paint had scratches which would normally made me cringe but honesty i was expecting a whole lot worse swirls seeing how the wash at dealerships, i think actually the paint is pretty spotless, the minor swirls were only on the bonnet and trunk, and i am not going be detailing this car anyway as i am not actively incharge of it, ill make sure its treated with dignity but swirls going to come soon on it anyway
IMG_4868 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
the side mirror
IMG_4870 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
7. paint has metallic flaws this time in black color which is very welcome maybe they'll give pearl white next time instead of dull super white. though i have a question for IMC: itni kanjoosi say flakes? you'll hardly see them they are very dull and far apart.
8. orange peel i noticed more than all of my older models, but maybe because paint is fresh and no abrasive has been used, and paint quality actually seemed to be better finished around certain areas such as door handles where it was lacking before.
IMG_4863 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
9. the wheel arch gap is really not absurd as people make out atlas in my piece, i mean its on par with what i have seen on international models at least in india, as far as i know (correct me on this) the suspension struts are made in Pakistan this time. so since IMC uses a lot of different vendors maybe on some cars they did not make the eight to spec as it originally should have been while others look fine to me just a personal observation. the whole car is jacked up than before and height is equivalent to 9th model it seems. oh and i tired to get my head in the arch gap and it was clearly too small, so either my head is twice the size of others or either other cars are twice the height of mine, both very interesting propositions.
IMG_4865 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
10. no mud flaps side skirts or anything,normally i dont mine this sort of stuff, my Mercedes does not have mud flaps either but when you jack up the car this high and you can actually see 60% of the height of the tyre and the old fished steel girders on the frame and suspension it really looks bad. almost feels like the car needs huge rally style mud flaps to hide everything.
11. opened the boot and this clip was lying smack in the centre broken form somewhere, although i appreciate imc giving a boot liner this time but maybe they need a but more practice in this clearly unorthodox addition in their tradition:P
IMG_4885 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
IMG_4882 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
12. the key though exactly the same design feels more cheaply finished than the old gli, ill attach here pictures of both side by side and maybe you can judge later
all is not lost though next up is the list of the improvements in quality(yes there are some actually) over previous generations.