36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cuore 2000 suspension, engine work

I recently bought a used 2000 model cuore.it was checked by my friend & car electrician who told us about this car.i don't know about car history of repairs but body is good in shape.my friend checked body for rust& said OK while electrician recommended to buy saying if you spend 20-25K on car it will be fit.i bought car in 3lac 20 thousands.i took car to Toyota workshop for checkup.They told suspension needs work,front wheel bearing,left lower arm bush,tie rod work,steering boot,caliper kit,rear wheel bearing etc.Tomorrow they will tell me cost of new parts.Labour charges will be 4000 & steering reula repair will be 2000.‎
    Now about engine they told it is weak,needs overhaul,timing seal & some other seals are leaking,water is mixing with oil,crank sound on high acceleration.For engine work Toyota mechanic says if I purchase Toyota parts it will cost around 1 lac & if I fix deal with mechanic it will cost around 65K he will use kabli parts.
    Tyres also need to be replaced.‎
    I am learning driving these days.Please suggest how should I proceed.Keep learning to drive without any work on car ?Do suspension,wheels work first & engine in the end?any other suggestion.[IMG]Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453910321766.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  25.5 KB[/IMG]

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Continuation of previous post.................

Last week I took my car to another workshop where they were offering free checkup.mechanic checked & advised to get work done of left wheel saying if not done early it can be problematic.His team then did work of bearing, left arm etc.i am attaching here images of his recommendations & work done.They charged only 2000 including work of kharadya.Today Toyota mechanic told me that work isn't done completely & nicely.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453911713581.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  30.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1453911763193.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  71.8 KB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some pics...........................
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453913114518.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  138.4 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1453913144253.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  130.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1453913176510.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  123.1 KB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got front wheels work done by toyota mechanic today as problem worsened in morning.They changed wheel hubs with kabli& did some other work of front wheels etc & charged Rs 17K.Also mechanic advised to sell this car & get newer model mehran as he says engine needs a lot of work,overhaul or replacement with kabli.i am sad for my decision of buying this old model car.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453997301851.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  39.9 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

find some local good workshop in ur area
    buy all parts by urself

ur needs only front bearing not hubs
    genuine bearing cost only 800rs

cuore is very cheap to maintain
    If I Can Change,And You Can Change,EveryBody Can Change....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take recommendations of good mechanics, mine is in pindi, if you want go there. max cost on engine is 25k, the rest of the things won't be above 20k. he would fix it for you once and for all. Shall i recommend you a workshop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Who said to go to a dealership with an old car ?. In Pakistan Dealers are the masters to covert the brand new cars in problematic ones leave the old car alone. Get to any local good reputed workshop, research before buying the parts, take opinions from mechanics but do what ever you like the best because some mechanics will rip you apart if you follow them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Take recommendations of good mechanics, mine is in pindi, if you want go there. max cost on engine is 25k, the rest of the things won't be above 20k. he would fix it for you once and for all. Shall i recommend you a workshop
    Yes please tell about your mechanic,i will visit him anytime.Will engine be replaced with kabli ?i read some posts here that engine replacement should be avoided until possible as it effects resale & problem of getting new engine registration on book.i want to run AC in summer so what is your recommendation,overhaul or replacement of engine?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Who said to go to a dealership with an old car ?. In Pakistan Dealers are the masters to covert the brand new cars in problematic ones leave the old car alone. Get to any local good reputed workshop, research before buying the parts, take opinions from mechanics but do what ever you like the best because some mechanics will rip you apart if you follow them.
    Please check post #2 I have written I visited a workshop where they repair rescue 1122 cars,they advertised free checkup of cars.Now problem is main mechanic just inspects car & tells small mechanics to do work who aren't expert guys,if they cant tight a nut they try to hit it with hammers which adds on new problems.i went to Toyota for qualified mechanics & genuine spare parts but as recommended it is wise to find a reputed local workshop.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasf View Post
    Yes please tell about your mechanic,i will visit him anytime.Will engine be replaced with kabli ?i read some posts here that engine replacement should be avoided until possible as it effects resale & problem of getting new engine registration on book.i want to run AC in summer so what is your recommendation,overhaul or replacement of engine?
    There is a pso pump in chor chowk rawalpindi on Peshawar road, behind it, is a Chinese hospital, besides that is a road that goes down, as you decent, on the left is darwaish autos. 03445299972 sadiq ustad. He is a nice guy, tell him Aamir Khan sent you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a pso pump in chor chowk rawalpindi on Peshawar road, behind it, is a Chinese hospital, besides that is a road that goes down, as you decent, on the left is darwaish autos. 03445299972 sadiq ustad. He is a nice guy, tell him Aamir Khan sent you
    Thanx for info I will visit him some day I am thinking to get engine work done before summer to run car AC.You have given me bright hope,i am not sad now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dayrider Sadiq ustad can fix honda city idsi engine too or just toyota ones.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx for info I will visit him some day I am thinking to get engine work done before summer to run car AC.You have given me bright hope,i am not sad now.
    Good to know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ufi2007 View Post
    @dayrider Sadiq ustad can fix honda city idsi engine too or just toyota ones.?
    He can, you want an overhaul?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He can, you want an overhaul?
    Not overhaul some suspension work of city 06 if he is reliable and expert of honda thn its very helpful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ufi2007 View Post
    Not overhaul some suspension work of city 06 if he is reliable and expert of honda thn its very helpful.
    Suspension work for Honda he can do just fine. By all means, go to him.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently bought a used 2000 model cuore.it was checked by my friend & car electrician who told us about this car.i don't know about car history of repairs but body is good in shape.my friend checked body for rust& said OK while electrician recommended to buy saying if you spend 20-25K on car it will be fit.i bought car in 3lac 20 thousands.i took car to Toyota workshop for checkup.They told suspension needs work,front wheel bearing,left lower arm bush,tie rod work,steering boot,caliper kit,rear wheel bearing etc.Tomorrow they will tell me cost of new parts.Labour charges will be 4000 & steering reula repair will be 2000.‎
    Now about engine they told it is weak,needs overhaul,timing seal & some other seals are leaking,water is mixing with oil,crank sound on high acceleration.For engine work Toyota mechanic says if I purchase Toyota parts it will cost around 1 lac & if I fix deal with mechanic it will cost around 65K he will use kabli parts.
    I am learning driving these days.Please suggest how should I proceed.Keep learning to drive without any work on car ?Do suspension,wheels work first & engine in the end?any other suggestion.[IMG]Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453910321766.jpg

sorry to hear about your problems .. i will reply to ur pm here
    -- it was a bad decision to buy a car in such condition
    -- second bad thing is to go to toyota motors and keep spending money as they advise .. toyota motors is not for old cars

please go to few competent mechanics .. i can advise one but not on this foruim .. make a list of what all is to be done .. go to mkt and check prices of parts .. make an estimate of total expenditure .... suppose u get a total est of 100k .. add 10% for unforeseen ... now what will be ur car worth after spending 110k .. what is its worth now .. sell now if spending money doesnt raise price or shift to a better maintained car ... wheres ur friend who checked the car for u ? next time consult someone who really knows

conclusion
    -- sell car and buy a better maintained car
    -- if not then get it repaired all at once but from a reasonable mechanic
    -- no engine replacement

find my cell no in previous posts and contact me if u need my help ... best wishes
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post
    -- second bad thing is to go to toyota motors and keep spending money as they advise .. toyota motors is not for old cars

please go to few competent mechanics .. i can advise one but not on this foruim .. make a list of what all is to be done .. go to mkt and check prices of parts .. make an estimate of total expenditure .... suppose u get a total est of 100k .. add 10% for unforeseen ... now what will be ur car worth after spending 110k .. what is its worth now .. sell now if spending money doesnt raise price or shift to a better maintained car ... wheres ur friend who checked the car for u ? next time consult someone who really knows

conclusion
    -- no engine replacement

find my cell no in previous posts and contact me if u need my help ... best wishes
    ^^ Agreed
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Advice In A Nutshell......The Idea Was Bad...Not Your Fault...Your Friend And That LeCTRESAN/Ustaad Who Said 25k Work Are Culprits...You May Have Not Know ABt Cars So You Took Advice..........

Sell The Car If You Can't Afford To See Mechanic More Than Your Family Nor Have Time

If You Can't....Get Ready To See Harsh Side Of Spending Money On Poorly Maintained Old Car ..FInd A Competent Mechanic Else Chances Are You 60-70% Spendings Can Go To Trash ...Even A Rebuild Engine......So Decide Wisely Before Jumping

Never Every Visit TOYOTA With Such Old Car.....Unless You Plan To Install All New Parts Which No One Do As It Will COst Almost Equal To Price Of Car
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    My Advice In A Nutshell......The Idea Was Bad...Not Your Fault...Your Friend And That LeCTRESAN/Ustaad Who Said 25k Work Are Culprits...You May Have Not Know ABt Cars So You Took Advice..........

Sell The Car If You Can't Afford To See Mechanic More Than Your Family Nor Have Time

If You Can't....Get Ready To See Harsh Side Of Spending Money On Poorly Maintained Old Car ..FInd A Competent Mechanic Else Chances Are You 60-70% Spendings Can Go To Trash ...Even A Rebuild Engine......So Decide Wisely Before Jumping

Never Every Visit TOYOTA With Such Old Car.....Unless You Plan To Install All New Parts Which No One Do As It Will COst Almost Equal To Price Of Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post

conclusion
    -- no engine replacement

Thanx @Naweed @SER_GTR I will contact you Naweed sb for your sincere advice before any major work of car.
    A lot has happened after my that post in last 1-2 months.Car is running fine within city,didnt take it on a long route.Once engine became hot & mechanic did fan direct,also got radiator serviced then,gasket was changed too with non genuine one.For few days car was turning off when idling or when slowing down near speed breakers so electrician replaced the point too.Right front wheel was heating up so local shop mechanic changed caliper & after that master cylinder of brake.Front both wheels hubs were replaced at Toyota with kabli at cost of 5000/hub.Now car runs fine within city on 15-20 kilometers of my daily ride,still right front wheel is more hot on touching as compared to left side.i have more posts with some pics there too in thread Cuore fan club,some seals of engine leak too so a friend advised to get them changed & get pressure,clutch plates checked also gear oil & gear box for any leakage.Also I am going to replace all tyres with new General tyres as they aren't costly & brand new.I am also planing to get air conditioner running after service but that after work of engine seals leakage,electrician told it will cost around 4-4.5K on service of AC.Now it is a difficult decision to sell the car & get another one so I plan to keep it for 1-2 years if it run well without going to workshops often until I learn driving well & collect some more money for a newer model.Now I go to a local workshop mechanic for all mechanical problems of car.
    It was my mistake to go to Toyota for 1st car checkup,they are too costly plus they are used to see new engines of new cars so this old engine looks ancient to their eyes.‎

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List