7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why Dewan Motors fail in Pakistan

Ever thought there is a God's curse on this group. Dewan Mushtaq and Dewan Farooq must have tons of money but not an iota of immagination and foresight. A country whose half the population lives on 1 dollar a day and 30% on 2 dollars a day, how can 2.0 million worth of cars succeed.

I find the following variants/brands,a all introduced by Dewans, did not click in Pakistan, simply because of price and to some extent performance. Kia Sportage, Spectra, BMW, Mini, Classic. I am foreseeing the same abysmal performance of Sonata, Coupe, and Terrano. Later Picanto. Today's Dawn carries the advert.

Shehzore and Santro performed well. Prices were right. Santro Exec CNG will fail. Price above 7 lacs.

Perhaps its not the brand as well. Camry, Accord, Gallant, Nissan Patrol Pajero, Land Cruiser, Prado (regular import by Indus), X trail, Liana all failed just because of prices. Are we Kennedies, Arab Shiekhs and Rockfellers sitting in Pakistan?

I fail to understand why can't these groups think if importing smaller cars, 660cc to 1300cc. Not allowed by Government perhaps? Why not Starlet, Vitz, Platz type vehicles imported by these tycoons.

Come 2006, WTO restrictions lifted and we will have flood of Indian cars. Then how would the government provide protection to Atlas Honda and Indus Motors?

The Govt. needs to make a THINK TANK for these car manufacturer and importers who could suggest what to import, suitable for Pak community.

The tragedy of life is not what we suffer, its rather what we miss.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question How is Dewan Motors today?

How is Dewan Motors doing now? This thread was started in 2005. Now is 2013. What has happened to Dewan Motors in these 8 years?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question How is Dewan Motors today?

Quote Originally Posted by hasnain2005 View Post
    Ever thought there is a God's curse on this group. Dewan Mushtaq and Dewan Farooq must have tons of money but not an iota of immagination and foresight. A country whose half the population lives on 1 dollar a day and 30% on 2 dollars a day, how can 2.0 million worth of cars succeed.

I find the following variants/brands,a all introduced by Dewans, did not click in Pakistan, simply because of price and to some extent performance. Kia Sportage, Spectra, BMW, Mini, Classic. I am foreseeing the same abysmal performance of Sonata, Coupe, and Terrano. Later Picanto. Today's Dawn carries the advert.

Shehzore and Santro performed well. Prices were right. Santro Exec CNG will fail. Price above 7 lacs.

Perhaps its not the brand as well. Camry, Accord, Gallant, Nissan Patrol Pajero, Land Cruiser, Prado (regular import by Indus), X trail, Liana all failed just because of prices. Are we Kennedies, Arab Shiekhs and Rockfellers sitting in Pakistan?

I fail to understand why can't these groups think if importing smaller cars, 660cc to 1300cc. Not allowed by Government perhaps? Why not Starlet, Vitz, Platz type vehicles imported by these tycoons.

Come 2006, WTO restrictions lifted and we will have flood of Indian cars. Then how would the government provide protection to Atlas Honda and Indus Motors?

The Govt. needs to make a THINK TANK for these car manufacturer and importers who could suggest what to import, suitable for Pak community.

How is Dewan Motors doing now? This thread was started in 2005. Now is 2013. What has happened to Dewan Motors in these 8 years?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are you asking me?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are you asking me?
    @hasnain2005

Mohtaram Hasnain Sahib,
    Thanks for your response. If you could elaborate on it, it would be great. Now Dewan Motors are dealing in BMW. They are the sole representatives of BMW in Pakistan. This is quite a feat. Are they selling their product? Someone has told me that the Honda Civic costs around 2.5 million and if we put another half a million, we can buy a Dewan imported, Dewan maintained 2007 BMW 320i (2000cc) which will be a million times better than the locally manufactured trash especially the overpriced Honda Civic. Just look at the interior of the 2013 Honda Civic. Totally trash.

I asked Dewan Motors about why they cancelled their plans about manufacturing BMW in Pakistan. They told me that they estimated their market-demand to be around 500 units a year and it boiled down to be a commercially non-feasible project. It was later decided by the management to import the product from Germany and market it in Pakistan. Had they started producing BMWs in Pakistan, it would have been great.

Regards and take care.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hasnain Sahib, I'm waiting for your input. Thanks and take care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have given my input.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have given my input.

@
    hasnain2005

Mohtaram Hasnain Sahib,
    I gather that you have not referred to BMW in your post. I would like to get your input about their performance with the BMW brand. They said that they were going to assemble BMW cars in 2006 but have not done so. They say that the demand in the market was not more than 500 per year which was the main reason which kept them from assembling cars in Pakistan but I think if they had gone for a quality product then people opting for today's civic would have gone for their BMWs. What do you think? No offence please. I do not work for Dewan but I'm interested in getting a good used 320i instead of a local Honda Civic.

Regards and take care.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all !

Have you guys have checked some sites stating prices of Hyundai XING in Pakistan? Have someone of you seen any such car?

Regards,

Tahir

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List