Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which Engine Oil is better for CG125. Please state both Brand Name & Viscosity too.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    daniyal.jatoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Which Engine Oil is better for CG125. Please state both Brand Name & Viscosity too.

    So far i have seen only threads from 2012, 2013 or maximum 2014 about which Engine Oil is better for CG125. And you know what the results are. Dimaag ki dahi. Everyone has his own temple. Can my friends here share which oil currently they are using for their CG125, Why they are using, What is the viscosity level of that oil and the results, pros and cons they are experiencing. Thank You.
    Sag-e-Darr-e-Ahl-e-Bayt

  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    daniyal.jatoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Over the years, i have tested following oils with my CG125. (All of the below are 20W-50).
    - Havoline
    - Kixx Ultra
    - Liquimoly
    - Shell Carient
    - Total Quartz

    Honestly, at this point ... all of them basically gave my the same performance. Except with Liquimoly, Cluth Slip is a common sign in all the other oils, but its bearable (or let's say, i give a sh*t about that anymore).

    I am about to experiment with a 10W-30 Caltex Havoline. Wish me luck. That thing costed me approx. Rs.2300 for a 4L gallon. That means it costs nearly Rs.600 per Litter. Its winter these days and i wana check how 'freely' CG125 engine can run in this cold weather. The current 20W-50 (Quartz, at the moment) is working fine, but it takes quite a while before bike reaches its optimum temperature. Before that, it runs ... well, Heavy-ish. As in, i can feel the engine is bogged down.

    P.S. All the oils were less in quantity when i changed them, except two. 1) Liquimoly 2) Total Quartz. Quartz really exceeded my expectations, honestly.
    Bro, Let me share with you something interesting. My brother also has a New 2016 Model CG 125. He by mistake bought Zic A+ 5W-20 and had it poured in the engine after the first 300 KM Oil Change. I know the recommended is 20W-40. But what i have felt is that the bike no matter how much cold starts on first kick and its a joy ride now. I do fear the consequences though but the petrol consumption level has significantly reduced and the sound is awesome to hear. Just want to keep it that way.

    As for you, Best of luck with Caltex. Total Quartz is highly recommended to me by my friend who owns a well known Oil Shop in Multan by the name of Mutan Filter House. He says that i should give Total Quartz 5W-40 High Perf a try and i won't regret. I am just weary on using it because i wanna give a try to LiquiMoly but am unable to find it anywhere in Multan.
    Sag-e-Darr-e-Ahl-e-Bayt

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am really liking the feel of Havoline 10W-30. The (CG125) engine is running more freely now, and interestingly, it achieves 115km/h very easily. It screams more, though. But it's not a scream i'd hate. It's like, the engine is 'happy' to show it's Grunt. Not sure how else to put it. But yeah, i am liking it.

    I just hope it stays that way till the end. I fear the more it'll run, the worse it MIGHT become. I'll update more here.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    brownrose78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,594
    Follows
    5
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal.jatoi View Post
    Bro, Let me share with you something interesting. My brother also has a New 2016 Model CG 125. He by mistake bought Zic A+ 5W-20 and had it poured in the engine after the first 300 KM Oil Change. I know the recommended is 20W-40. But what i have felt is that the bike no matter how much cold starts on first kick and its a joy ride now. I do fear the consequences though but the petrol consumption level has significantly reduced and the sound is awesome to hear. Just want to keep it that way.

    As for you, Best of luck with Caltex. Total Quartz is highly recommended to me by my friend who owns a well known Oil Shop in Multan by the name of Mutan Filter House. He says that i should give Total Quartz 5W-40 High Perf a try and i won't regret. I am just weary on using it because i wanna give a try to LiquiMoly but am unable to find it anywhere in Multan.
    bro, no doubt in category of 2ow-50 only rely on Saudi's imported brand:
    Petromin Ultra 7
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    Alir1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I am really liking the feel of Havoline 10W-30. The (CG125) engine is running more freely now, and interestingly, it achieves 115km/h very easily. It screams more, though. But it's not a scream i'd hate. It's like, the engine is 'happy' to show it's Grunt. Not sure how else to put it. But yeah, i am liking it.

    I just hope it stays that way till the end. I fear the more it'll run, the worse it MIGHT become. I'll update more here.
    Whats the cg125 recommended valve clearence



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqasahil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gujrat
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Leave every thing just go and grab hevoline 20/50 but must be orignal and feel the differcence. AHL is also another choice but again remmeber should be orignal( match the date back of bottle with the printed date on seal)

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    malikmudassarawan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Frankly Folks! I hate the quality of Engine Oil recommended by Atlas Honda. My Brother works at Atlas Honda Manufacturing plant and as per him pretty much all oil brands recommended by Atlas Honda itself outsource their production line and is never of the quality which customer pays for. Personally I have assembled CG-125, 1993 and I use Havoline
    Which Engine Oil is better for CG125 Please state both Brand Name & Viscosity too -1691544

    I am long runner, around 3 oils a month. Islamabad to Sargodha, Islamabad to Chawinda, Islamabad to Mianwali. If you have a new bike (Euro models) you can use a thinner oil but after a year or two try using a viscous one in summer .

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Me ny new cg 125 lia ha ... ak mera friend ha ... wo genrators ka bht ala mechnic ha ... or bike ko b achi tra janta ha ... in short us ny hmara genrator esa set kia ha 1 sal tk kisi mechnic ko ni bulaya ... mens he very good mechnic ... me ny nea bike lia ha to us ny muge kaha ha ... ic k andr zic ka oil use kro ... or thik oil use ni krna jitna patla ho saky ustna patla oil use kro .... jesy jesy machine purani hoti wesy wesy oil thik mangti ha ..... abi mera bike new ha 60 km chla ha ... but me oersonally liquimolly use krna 20w 50 wala .. only ...

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    he is right the engine is new does not need thick oil. parts are new they already have lots of frictions so they need thin oil to get circulated easily inside them. use 10w40 grade and according to cg125 manual this grade is recommended

    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    Me ny new cg 125 lia ha ... ak mera friend ha ... wo genrators ka bht ala mechnic ha ... or bike ko b achi tra janta ha ... in short us ny hmara genrator esa set kia ha 1 sal tk kisi mechnic ko ni bulaya ... mens he very good mechnic ... me ny nea bike lia ha to us ny muge kaha ha ... ic k andr zic ka oil use kro ... or thik oil use ni krna jitna patla ho saky ustna patla oil use kro .... jesy jesy machine purani hoti wesy wesy oil thik mangti ha ..... abi mera bike new ha 60 km chla ha ... but me oersonally liquimolly use krna 20w 50 wala .. only ...

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    20w-50 liqui moly kitnay ka mila ya milta hei apki city mei?


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    20w-50 liqui moly kitnay ka mila ya milta hei apki city mei?


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums
    Abi pta ni kia kitny ka milta ha but itna pta ha .. fsd me ic ki shop ha Lm walo ki ak .

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    20w-50 liqui moly kitnay ka mila ya milta hei apki city mei?


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums
    LM 20w50 oil is available for 750-/RS Per liter in Faisalabad.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    LM 20w50 oil is available for 750-/RS Per liter in Faisalabad.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Bro kis jaga se milta ha fsd me ? And original?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #53
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    Bro kis jaga se milta ha fsd me ? And original?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    Shop is at canal road adjacent Ayesha CNG near tatha pul..!

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  15. #54
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Hmmmm thank u bro ... bro turtle chrome polish kahan se mily gi yar me bht dondi ha ni mili ... wo janah colony se or lari ady se pta kr li ha ...ap ko pata ha us ka ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #55
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    Hmmmm thank u bro ... bro turtle chrome polish kahan se mily gi yar me bht dondi ha ni mili ... wo janah colony se or lari ady se pta kr li ha ...ap ko pata ha us ka ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    I bought that from metro..
    Aap Madina Town Z block me aik shop ha Mujahid Hospital k pass (automarket.pk) wahan se pta karo.

    Ya car decoration shop's se susan road prr aik ha car ornaments wahan se b shayad milay jay.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  17. #56
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    I bought that from metro..
    Aap Madina Town Z block me aik shop ha Mujahid Hospital k pass (automarket.pk) wahan se pta karo.

    Ya car decoration shop's se susan road prr aik ha car ornaments wahan se b shayad milay jay.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Cosmax mil gyi ha muge ... mera b last option ye metro he tha .. kitny ki mili thi ap ko ye ? Me filhal brasso lga raha hn us mudguard per .... ap brasso use krty hn ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  18. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    Cosmax mil gyi ha muge ... mera b last option ye metro he tha .. kitny ki mili thi ap ko ye ? Me filhal brasso lga raha hn us mudguard per .... ap brasso use krty hn ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    Nahi brasso kabi use nahi ki. Turtle chrome polish ki price yaad nahi 1 saal pehlay li thi...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  19. #58
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Hmm .. kesa experience raha ha turtle k sath ? Mudguard ki condition kesi ha ab ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  20. #59
    PakWheeler Follow
    umarjutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    And rim ki b ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app

  21. #60
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    And rim ki b ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by umarjutt View Post
    Hmm .. kesa experience raha ha turtle k sath ? Mudguard ki condition kesi ha ab ?

    Sent from my SM-A500H using PW Forums mobile app
    Achi condition me hain dono shiny....!

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •