0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic iVTEC - M/T

I am considering to buy Civic iVTEC M/T (Entry level Civic); I am surprised to know that there is no SRS in this whereas Altis M/T (Entry level Altis) has (Source: Honda | Pakistan | CIVIC | Specifications) I visited Honda 3S dealer; they didnt had this variant in display. Can someone confirm this?

How you guys rate this variant especially from the resale point...I am intending to keep this for atleast 3 years

This version also doesn't has side mirrors with integrated turn light; not that big deal; but curious; can I replace them with VTi Oriel one? If yes; any estimated cost?

There is no keyless entry; I heard that keyless entry mechanism is built in all Civic; its just they dont give you the special key and it can be bought seperately? If yes; how much it would cost me?

Lastly; how is its ground clearance comparing to Altis? The slope in my house' drive way is quite steep; Altis climbs it up marginally; any suggestion how to resolve this issue from those who faced similar situation?

Edit: Index added

• Page 1 : Initial Questions and Immediate Responses
    • Page 2 : Oriel vs iVTEC, Prosmatic vs Manual
    • Page 3 : Redesigning House Ramp, Booking
    • Page 4 : Navigation Unit Discussion, Keyless
    • Page 5 : Car Delivery, Initial Review, First Pictures, Tyres
    • Page 6 : Car Registration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Why is factory shutting down?
    Due to routine factory service etc!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    Congrats on the booking Khuziz!
    Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the Indash SATNAV unit of Honda is not THAT bad actually. Infact i had the same opinion as yours before actually experiencing it but now iam pretty optimistic about because
    I never said it is bad. However it is overpriced and has less features and bottom line, its a Chinese unit

PRO's

1) Its video out put is pretty decent and up to the mark. Atleast Iam satisfied due maybe because I donnot bother watching HD movies while driving. Otherwise its perfectly fine.
    Video is determined by resolution. Pioneer and Kenwood HU have the highest resolution and color depth which can be checked from official specs. Come on! are you seriously comparing a Chinese unit with a branded ones?

If you are satisfied with the something, it does not means theres not something better. I have a iPhone 3gs and I am satisfied with it but tomorrow if some offers me a iPhone 4g for less wouldn't I go for it? Offcourse I will

2) Sound quality is the best part about it. It is very decent and reasonable for a normal person [Non-Music enthusiastic] i mean. So for me and my family it works well.
    Once again my friend you can not compare the sound quality of a chinese HU with HU which have won international awards and from branded companies. There is a reason everyone says you go for Pioneer of Alpine DVD touchscreen HU. Go on international forums, and you would hardly find 1% using chinese HU.

Once again I would say that satisfaction is a relative term. Even the stock cassete player of Cultus (back in 2005) had reasonable sound. You don't realize what you are missing unless you hear something better.

3) The systems you have have mentioned CANNOT support the navigation. So if someone wants to opt for navigation then those units are definitely not his/her cup of tea. And as you have said before that we actually donnot need navigation while living in Pakistan, but trust me sometimes we do and after all its a SHISKA!
    First of all, I would agree that navigation is an important feature. I may not need it but other people do so I won't disregard it. Coming to the point, 4350DVD does support navigation via iPhone! To top it all you also get to use and play iPhone applications on your HU! Nothing can be more cool than this and possibilities are endless!

4) It has very reasonable options, 2 SD card slots, one can play music videos, songs etc, Bluetooth option [And I use it], IPOD interface ready [IPOD/IPHONE keeps on getting charged while being connected to it. USB jack etc.
    Both 4250DVD/4350DVD and all Kenwood and Alpine DVD touchscreen HU have both iPod and iPhone support and all also charge the iPhone! Some of these HU also have SD card slots and bluetooth

5) Indash system looks alot more CIVILISED then other head units. Atleast to me it does. The way old kenwood player of Oriels used to look like an Alien in front of current Indash 6 CD changer
    I would disagree. However its a matter of personal preference so debate here is useless. Some people do like the looks of these Chinese HU and some do not

6) Last but not the least, It will not void the WARRANTY. Which is a BIG advantage. Not many people are fond of voiding their warranties by installing fancy system's in their cars. So this definitely is a plus point considering the first 2 years or 40000km.
    It won't at least not on a civic. I confirmed it from Honda City Sales and they categorically said there would be no problem. In fact I have 3 HIDs pairs installed in my civic and the service manager actually guided me how to get the installation done and confirmed warranty won't be void.

However even if someone is extra careful, just keep the factory in dash changer in store and if God forbid any problem arises just fit it back and claim warranty. A small very unlikely hassle to enjoy much better product.

Lastly, you will notice about the resale of Navigation equipped cars even today. And it definitely has resale. One can always gain around 30-40K of navigation while selling his civic. Atleast I wouldnt let go for navigation civic oriel pros on the cost of simple Oriel Prosmatec.
    You spend 70k on the SATNAV and when selling you will get only max 20-30k. You can confirm it from jail road if you want. In fact you yourself bought one and should know better

BOTTOM LINE?

I have no issues with the SATNAV except its over priced. After accounting for 6 cd in dash changer, it costs 70k. Are you kidding me? In 70k I can get 4350dvd + state of art components + branded 4 channel amp + branded wiring kit and get best possible sound. At the end of the day its a chinese HU. Its video quality, sound quality, build quality and functions can not be compared with a branded one. If it was priced at 30k it would have made sense but at 70k? No way

P.S I can guarantee you that you would yourself try to get rid of the Chinese HU after a year or two when it starts giving you various problems. The first problem which I can guarantee within 6 months would be lens problem as it uses inferior Chinese lens and has open CD tray slot which is an open invitation to dust

P.S.S Take a look at the features of 4350DVD
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-P4300DVD.html

DTS Line out, Dolby Digital Decoding, 24 bit DAC to mention a few!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Healthy arguments above; you both are right...but I guess Atlas Honda OEM Navigation unit will soon be available in local market and hopefully with reasonable price tag...and obviously there are better units available...jitna gurr dalo utna metha...so chill pill guys!

I didn’t go with Navigation as told before I will be using this car to drive from/to my office and pick and drop my kids from/to their school. I know the route to these destinations very well The most I would like to do with it is to install Oriel’ CD Changer, it complements the Civic' futuristic dash very well. I will try to find it from local market. If any member from Lahore is visiting Bilal Gunj in coming days and reading this; please look for it and let us know if some nice piece is available. I will pick it on my next trip to Lahore!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Havent been following this thread, tried to read some its and bits.

1) Sunroof, Do u smoke? No then its realy useless, forget the bharam and teika

2) Fog lamps, get DEPO ones or get OEM stuff from the local scrap yard.

3) But il recomend you to stretch ur budget slightly and get a Prosmatec, Altho the driving fun of a manual Civic is way more then that of a auto but in routine driving Civic manual isnt as fun or comfortable.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti, I have already booked VTi M/T. Fortunately traffic situation is still under control here in Faisalabad...or atleast I felt so in comparison to Lahore where I spend last 10 years or so...secondly both my routine destinations (office and kids' school) are nearby (hardly 5-10 mins drive; even in school timings).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chalo then without much, best of luck, awaiting delivery of ur new bueaty congrats in advance

PS: Stay away from after market keyless entry systems, ul regret them
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks, and yes about keyless entry; I will be going with Oriel like OEM one which will cost ~10k (or may be less; have a fellow PakWheeler in loop who has offered to help me with this )

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Chalo then without much, best of luck, awaiting delivery of ur new bueaty congrats in advance

PS: Stay away from after market keyless entry systems, ul regret them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salams! New on the board here, hope you're fine all of you.

@Khuziz........Bro, nice to see how you were helped through the processes of selection and that you finally settled for your initial choice. Congrats! And a Happy Drive, whenever, it is, Inshallah.

Ok, would appreciate to be guided a bit here as well, since my situation is exactly like Khuziz bro's, just with following observations, kindly comment:

1) Deliberating the Ivtec Manual over the new 2011 GLI, since I feel, there is much more of raw "car" in the Civic than in the Corolla, especially with respect to the engine capacity, 1800CC vs 1300!!

2) Much better looks, etc.

Now my issues:

1) Would this vehicle fall drastically in re-sale, with launch of new Honda Civic, some time this year? If price difference is some 150-200K's for the new one, I may resell again after 1 year or so and take the newer one to come, will I loose too much in reselling this, say after 12-18 months?

2) Is this car ok for CNG drive, say after initial 10K running in? Any idea, of it's consumption/milage, both on Petrol and CNG, that I may even skip gassing it altogether?

3) A question for Khuziz bro in particular: Sir, why did you opt for booking it, is this car not readily available in the show-rooms, with a bit of "topping"? Plz let me know.

Finally, thanks to all here for running a great forum, kindly bear patiently with a newcomer, with plenty of questions!

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wslam and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
    1) Would this vehicle fall drastically in re-sale, with launch of new Honda Civic, some time this year? If price difference is some 150-200K's for the new one, I may resell again after 1 year or so and take the newer one to come, will I loose too much in reselling this, say after 12-18 months?

2) Is this car ok for CNG drive, say after initial 10K running in? Any idea, of it's consumption/milage, both on Petrol and CNG, that I may even skip gassing it altogether?

3) A question for Khuziz bro in particular: Sir, why did you opt for booking it, is this car not readily available in the show-rooms, with a bit of "topping"? Plz let me know.
    1. In Pakistan; every new thing always has higher rates; see GLI; previous one was 14.62 and new one is 15.29. What you think 14.62's resale is now? It must be ~ 15 even after a year. Civic's new model in Pakistan is not coming this year (for sure) and is expected to come late next year and it will be 2.0L and other new stuff (Cruisecontrol etc) so there will be huge price difference. We should ideally be cashing few bucks similar to older shape Corolla guys who are selling their 8-9 lacs 2008 GLIs in 12-13 lacs
    2. Many are running Civic on CNG; and I think iVTEC works much better on CNG comparing to VVTI. Cant say about Civic; as I havnt yet got it. My City (which is comparatively lighter) was giving 14.6Km/L (average of 5000Kms from one oil change to next) on petrol and I never felt to install CNG in it; it was so much fun driving it on petrol!
    3. I hate "own business model" and try to discourage it in my capacity; see this is why Altis 1.6 launch is delayed; Indus dealers still have Altis 1.8 stock and they are giving it now even on premium. Good thing about Atlas is they usually deliver cars quickly comparing to Indus. I got my City back in mid 2009 when it was newly launched within two weeks and this time I am also expecting the delivery within three weeks Insha-Allah. The "own" you pay doesnt count towards the resale; so try to avoid it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1) Deliberating the Ivtec Manual over the new 2011 GLI, since I feel, there is much more of raw "car" in the Civic than in the Corolla, especially with respect to the engine capacity, 1800CC vs 1300!!

2) Much better looks, etc.

Now my issues:

Finally, thanks to all here for running a great forum, kindly bear patiently with a newcomer, with plenty of questions!

Regards.
    1. The new Civic is expected to launch in late 2012. It is still EXPECTED, not confirmed. Also unconfirmed reports suggest that the starting price for the new Civic would be from 2 million or above.

Also remember that the resale value of Civic i-VTEC is less compared to a VTi Oriel. So if we hypothesize, if you buy this car for 17 lakhs and sell it for 15 lakhs, and the next Civic costs 20 lakhs, then you'll be falling 5 lakhs short. If resale is what you're after (like you said you want to sell it after 12 - 18 months) then my two cents would be to go for the GLi because it won't lose its money. In fact, its price might even appreciate a bit.

2. The mileage for the manual Civic's is pretty decent. If you drive it carefully (don't rev it too much) people have gotten 12 kmpl within the city on this machine. The auto version however does not do more than 9 kmpl within city.

There are no issues with this car on CNG. In fact if you were to buy a car for putting in CNG, I would suggest you buy the Civic i-VTEC manual as it runs much more smoothly and better on CNG than the GLi.

3. Well, I'll let Khuziz bro answer this question.

Anyway, may Allah bless whatever ride you decide to buy. Both these cars (GLi and Civic) have their qualities. GLi is a tough and rugged car. Civic is a driver's car and offers the best driving experience of any local made car.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We should not compare Civic with GLI. Though price wise there is now about 1.54 lacs difference...but still Civic is mid sized saloon and GLI is entry level saloon If we compare Civic with Altis; Civic has much higher resale. I was getting Altis 1.8 2010 Cruisetronic (without SR) for 17.50 (even negotiable) whose invoice price was 17.80 (i beleive) and there was no 2010 Civic in this range, even VTi M/T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khuziz/Jayb............Thanks brothers for the very prompt reply, faster than both the cars I asked about, lolz! Appreciated.

Now, whilst awaiting further enlightenment here, this is what I draw so far:

1) Honda new model not expected so far, hence I need not sell an Ivtec for some 3 years around, letting the new version, when it comes, go for another 12 months or so after launch, no hurry. A relief to know, the present model is gonna last for some time still, great!

2) I'm satisfied as per your mileage info, this is really impressive with 1800CC's beneath the hood, lighter drive than Corolla.

3) I am not aware of all rules here so far, so unless it is "taboo" to discuss the "own", could you let me know, if an Ivtec is readily available or not and at how much, max? I regret if it is against your forum rules, kindly ignore if so.

Finally, any extra charges for Black Ivtec?

Thanks again.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khuziz/Jayb............Thanks brothers for the very prompt reply, faster than both the cars I asked about, lolz! Appreciated.

Now, whilst awaiting further enlightenment here, this is what I draw so far:

1) Honda new model not expected so far, hence I need not sell an Ivtec for some 3 years around, letting the new version, when it comes, go for another 12 months or so after launch, no hurry. A relief to know, the present model is gonna last for some time still, great!

2) I'm satisfied as per your mileage info, this is really impressive with 1800CC's beneath the hood, lighter drive than Corolla.

3) I am not aware of all rules here so far, so unless it is "taboo" to discuss the "own", could you let me know, if an Ivtec is readily available or not and at how much, max? I regret if it is against your forum rules, kindly ignore if so.

Finally, any extra charges for Black Ivtec?

Thanks again.

Regards.
    You're welcome

Before I tell you about "own", I'd just like to clarify my earlier point: Civic and GLi cannot be compared; like Khuziz said. What I was trying to say was that Corolla is tougher and more rugged than a Civic (generally). However if you take care of the Civic, you will love it.

Now as far as own is concerned, no there are no rules banning its discussion. I visited Honda Point (Lahore) a few months back. They were asking for Rs 30,000 own for Civic i-VTEC (Prosmatec) and Rs 75000 own for Civic VTi Oriel (Prosmatec). No manual cars were available.

Also, there is no price difference for colour as per ex-factory prices (unlike Suzuki). But I'm not too sure about own and how much they will charge you for black colour.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khuziz:

What expected delivery date did Honda provide you with?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

April 26th or April 30th. The local dealer get deliveries on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The figure I mentioned above is of City...I mentioned that I havnt yet got Civic so cannt say about its consumption.

I'm satisfied as per your mileage info, this is really impressive with 1800CC's beneath the hood, lighter drive than Corolla.
    I am thinking to arrange Scan Gauge II as unfortunately unlike City or Corolla, Pakistani Civic doesnt has realtime fuel consumption meter . I guess it has the required infrastructure in place; its just Honda Atlas is not giving us the latest dash; as @fouadbakht posted in his New Stuff~~2011 Civic VTi "VIPER" thread the thai's Civic dash pictures which has the fuel consumption meter. Feedback from expereinced Civic owners is welcomed; whats the best way if one wants something like this.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Jayb..........Thanks again brother, nice to receive such helpful guidance around, appreciated.

@Khuziz/Jayb............Thank you both, just wanted to share with you the progress over here, with respect to my own deliberations on the next vehicle, and I beg pardon, if going a bit off the track, with respect to the actual discussion, yet kindly comment on this:

1) I was all ready for the Civic Ivtec, manual, upto this morning, but then again somehow got drawn back to my initial proposal of the GLI, Corolla 2011, modified.

This with respect to this observation, valid or not, justified or not, kindly give your opinion, if I was wrong or way off the best logic, lolz:

1) Since the modified Corolla GLi is kind of "New" and will most likely stay unchanged for another 3 years or so, as per normal Toyota Indus routine of complete change overs, it's going to maintain it's price for still some time, perhaps even with upward trend, as per Toyota Indus "fleecing" policy, and hence, if not better, still a wiser investment, than an Ivtech, especially with respect to the likely change in Honda civic, expected over the next 12-18 months??

2) Since Corolla is going to stay with present design for another 3 years or so, it's ok to take it now and sell it again with the advent of Honda Civic new design, anytime during the next 2 years or so, and will give me the latest in Corolla for now, better re-sale when disposing it off while it will still remain unchanged, and I can get the best/latest of Honda Civic, right when it is introduced and probably would stay for some 5 years or so, as per normal Honda routine of complete change over??

These were my backgrounds for choosing the Corolla for now, getting the latest in it, good resale, whenever Honda is in for fresh launch, and make me a good transit to Honda, whenever it is, coz ultimately, Honda IS the car to drive, and I honor/value Khuziz bro, for being able to take the abrupt decision, and not going through all this mental hardship that made me do as per above, bravo! Lolz!

I'm sure I made a genuine 'Pakistani" decision, lolz! Though I'm very much Honda inclined, no doubts, just wish the latest model Civic had been introduced or around soon, so I could keep it with peace for 5 years or so.

Thanks for the great assistance,

Best Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khuziz, while the Scan Gauge II is a great option, still, I'd still like to have the information displayed on Pioneer or Sony HUs. I'm kinda minimalist type, so won't want extra device installed in the cockpit. Any clues??
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you havnt driven GLI, I will strongly recommend that you do that first before investing. And not just try it; also try other options on the same day. Go to your friends or family place who own these cars same day and drive around and then make up the mind. I am suggesting this; as I had City; its drive was so much tempting that the first day all my excitement of owning GLI evaporates...I was so disappointed thinking I have ruined all my ride budget into something which I have to bear day in day out for next 2 years. I heard about Altis 1.6 and immediately made the plan to go for it and lucky me; I was able to dispose my GLI off quickly into family without any profit or loss.

I didnt had more budget; and at one stage I was thinking to re-buy City when they introduced new stuff like hand-rests and navigation etc which made it even better than GLI. I started collecting money and arranging additional funds for Altis 1.6 thinking its drive must be better due to more power in engine and the latest dual VVTI technology. I was expecting it should be somewhere 15.50 to 16.50 (as GLI was 14.62). Back then Civic to me was simply out of reach and I never thought of it; it was the thing which I will consider after 2-3 years. I was slowly reaching these expected marks and Altis 1.6 continued getting delayed. Everything was going fine, but the day I reached 17lacs mark Alhamdulillah...all of the sudden Altis was not on my list..I reached there with struggle and with Haq Halal Ki Kamai and to me spending this much money on something which will feel fine but will look exactly what I just had expereinced from outside. It didnt felt justified and I simply decided to go with Civic. It will not feel better but will look better for the entire time I will Insha-Allah be keeping it. I dont know if its genuine "Pakistani" decision or not!
    Decide yourself if you can bear GLI day in and day out for next 2-5 years keep thinking that when you will sell you will not loose anything.
    I'm sure I made a genuine 'Pakistani" decision, lolz! Though I'm very much Honda inclined, no doubts, just wish the latest model Civic had been introduced or around soon, so I could keep it with peace for 5 years or so.
    An important thing; this Civic will be purely my personal ride and will not be used as family car. GLI is a fine family car; especially if you visit to rural areas (that most of us the middle, upper middle Pakistani families do).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List