Well the Indash SATNAV unit of Honda is not THAT bad actually. Infact i had the same opinion as yours before actually experiencing it but now iam pretty optimistic about because
1) Its video out put is pretty decent and up to the mark. Atleast Iam satisfied due maybe because I donnot bother watching HD movies while driving. Otherwise its perfectly fine.
2) Sound quality is the best part about it. It is very decent and reasonable for a normal person [Non-Music enthusiastic] i mean. So for me and my family it works well.
3) The systems you have have mentioned CANNOT support the navigation. So if someone wants to opt for navigation then those units are definitely not his/her cup of tea. And as you have said before that we actually donnot need navigation while living in Pakistan, but trust me sometimes we do and after all its a SHISKA!
4) It has very reasonable options, 2 SD card slots, one can play music videos, songs etc, Bluetooth option [And I use it], IPOD interface ready [IPOD/IPHONE keeps on getting charged while being connected to it. USB jack etc.
5) Indash system looks alot more CIVILISED then other head units. Atleast to me it does. The way old kenwood player of Oriels used to look like an Alien in front of current Indash 6 CD changer
6) Last but not the least, It will not void the WARRANTY. Which is a BIG advantage. Not many people are fond of voiding their warranties by installing fancy system's in their cars. So this definitely is a plus point considering the first 2 years or 40000km.
1) Its touchscreen is definitley not upto the mark. Its actually "PUSH" not the Touch so you can pretty well imagine what Iam talking about.
Lastly, you will notice about the resale of Navigation equipped cars even today. And it definitely has resale. One can always gain around 30-40K of navigation while selling his civic. Atleast I wouldnt let go for navigation civic oriel pros on the cost of simple Oriel Prosmatec.