Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New City or Used City 2011 to 2014 Model

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default New City or Used City 2011 to 2014 Model

    New City or Used City 2011 to 2014 Model
    Dear fellows
    I would like to get a Honda City car, I?m confuse to get a new city or used one, is it worth to save 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh to get a used one (less than 40 thousand mileage).
    Please guide me, I?m really confuse.
    My friends are saying to buy the new one, my brothers are saying to get a used one like showroom condition you could save 1.5 to 2 lakh.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddique.bhatti View Post
    New City or Used City 2011 to 2014 Model
    Dear fellows
    I would like to get a Honda City car, I?m confuse to get a new city or used one, is it worth to save 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh to get a used one (less than 40 thousand mileage).
    Please guide me, I?m really confuse.
    My friends are saying to buy the new one, my brothers are saying to get a used one like showroom condition you could save 1.5 to 2 lakh.
    You should go for new, keep in mind used one will be 3 year old and 50k driven there are plenty of Risks, If you got the car from your friend, family, etc then you can think but I'll say u should consider new and tention free for next 5-6 years, BTW Honda City add some cosmatics in its new model in last month with same price, go for new if price diff is max 2 lakh

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    You should go for new, keep in mind used one will be 3 year old and 50k driven there are plenty of Risks, If you got the car from your friend, family, etc then you can think but I'll say u should consider new and tention free for next 5-6 years, BTW Honda City add some cosmatics in its new model in last month with same price, go for new if price diff is max 2 lakh

    Brother Thank you very much.

    I have seen few cars in Islamabad/Rawalpindi area.

    With below things, no one is giving me the car less then 14.75

    01) Should be Scratch less

    02) Less then 40k mileage

    03) Good Tires/New or near to new

    04) Nice interior (seat cover / matts etc).

    05) In some cars DVD/Navi was also installed.


    Now New one:


    01) Car Price: 1508
    02) Tax : 41
    03) Freight charges: 12
    04) Registration: 45 approx
    05) Navi/DVD - if installed, 55.5
    06) Not sure how much it will cost for nice seat covers/matts and other cosmetics:

    With DVD/Navi: It will cost me around 16.70, without Nav/DVD it will cost me around: 16.20

    --

    This is my calculations, experts are add more comments on it.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sjehsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if you get an Anda Piece with low milliage on the clock, go for used one!!!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    14.75lac for which model. If you go for 2014 model you will be saving hardly 1lac. But for me if you get an immaculate car then saving hard earned money isnt a bad idea. You can spend those 1lac rupees on Alloy rims and tyres etc because add atleast 30K of alloy rims to 16.20lac.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddique.bhatti View Post
    Brother Thank you very much.

    I have seen few cars in Islamabad/Rawalpindi area.

    With below things, no one is giving me the car less then 14.75

    01) Should be Scratch less

    02) Less then 40k mileage

    03) Good Tires/New or near to new

    04) Nice interior (seat cover / matts etc).

    05) In some cars DVD/Navi was also installed.


    Now New one:


    01) Car Price: 1508
    02) Tax : 41
    03) Freight charges: 12
    04) Registration: 45 approx
    05) Navi/DVD - if installed, 55.5
    06) Not sure how much it will cost for nice seat covers/matts and other cosmetics:

    With DVD/Navi: It will cost me around 16.70, without Nav/DVD it will cost me around: 16.20

    --

    This is my calculations, experts are add more comments on it.
    Brother car should be not more than 20k driven in a single year, If you talking about 2014 Model (Jan Feb) or 2013 Mid year+ then that car should be not more than 20k/30k respectively on Odo, In that case with all above accessories even 15.0 is good coz u compromise for 1 year and you got 1 lakh worth items, but if u talking about 2011, 2012 model in 14.75 then your should go for new

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    14.75lac for which model. If you go for 2014 model you will be saving hardly 1lac. But for me if you get an immaculate car then saving hard earned money isnt a bad idea. You can spend those 1lac rupees on Alloy rims and tyres etc because add atleast 30K of alloy rims to 16.20lac.
    brother:

    14.75 is minimum, I have seen one car in Islamabad, asking price was 15.25 without navi, finally he was agreed to give me on 14.75, immaculate condition, 20k driven and 2012 black color.

    for 2013/2014 model cars less with 20k driven, people are demanding between 15 to 15.50 lakh (slightly negotiating, 10 to 20k)

    My research is I can save roughly 100 to 200k , depends what car will I get from 2011 to 2014 models.

    --

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother car should be not more than 20k driven in a single year, If you talking about 2014 Model (Jan Feb) or 2013 Mid year+ then that car should be not more than 20k/30k respectively on Odo, In that case with all above accessories even 15.0 is good coz u compromise for 1 year and you got 1 lakh worth items, but if u talking about 2011, 2012 model in 14.75 then your should go for new
    Imran bhai :

    I have seen around 10 cars in Islamabad, I have found only one car which is scrachless, 20k driven, without navigation/dvd, interior was excellent as well, 14.75 was final . . . I wanted to get that, but my friend made me confuse they said get a new one.

    I thought to get guru's opinion on here like is it worthwhile to get a new one or not.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pistonhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Just saw a facelift city at night, looks really nice with parking lights on. My opinion, go for a new car for peace of mind.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddique.bhatti View Post
    brother:

    14.75 is minimum, I have seen one car in Islamabad, asking price was 15.25 without navi, finally he was agreed to give me on 14.75, immaculate condition, 20k driven and 2012 black color.

    for 2013/2014 model cars less with 20k driven, people are demanding between 15 to 15.50 lakh (slightly negotiating, 10 to 20k)

    My research is I can save roughly 100 to 200k , depends what car will I get from 2011 to 2014 models.

    --
    I wouldnt go for 2012 model instead I would go for 2014 model because the only difference is of 75K and within 2 months the car would be counted as 3 years old.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    I wouldnt go for 2012 model instead I would go for 2014 model because the only difference is of 75K and within 2 months the car would be counted as 3 years old.
    love it, This is the point brother, this is what a common person wouldn't explain me.

    Now If I'll go for 2014, I would hardly save 100k. becuase most of the cars (2014) are above 15 lakh with no choice of colors.

    The new city with new cosmetics, if the new cosmetics for example worth is 10 to 20 thousand, then the difference is only 80-90 thousand is used car and new one (zero meter).

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    juventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother you should go for new one .... as first of all u will get complete peace of mind and u dont have to worry about the history of car .... secondly in my opinion u are not going to save 100k or 200k money but u r going to lock ur hard earned money into an investment (as ur 2014 model will re-sell at greater price after some years) plus u will be the first owner of the car plus u will get 3 years warranty for the car

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddique.bhatti View Post
    love it, This is the point brother, this is what a common person wouldn't explain me.

    Now If I'll go for 2014, I would hardly save 100k. becuase most of the cars (2014) are above 15 lakh with no choice of colors.

    The new city with new cosmetics, if the new cosmetics for example worth is 10 to 20 thousand, then the difference is only 80-90 thousand is used car and new one (zero meter).
    BTW I have heard that WHT is 55000(for filer)/45000(for non filer) not 41000 and you also get a letter from the FBR to prove your income. Brother you have to make a decision, if I was at your place I would be getting a second hand (depends on if I get an immaculate ride) because saving 100K means something. But in my case I always end up buying zero meter cars because cant find one which is in genuine condition. Whereas you can never run with the changing of shapes/models. Some people are saying that new shape is coming in FEB next year so if its true then these cosmetics dont mean anything.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    msiddique.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    BTW I have heard that WHT is 55000(for filer)/45000(for non filer) not 41000 and you also get a letter from the FBR to prove your income. Brother you have to make a decision, if I was at your place I would be getting a second hand (depends on if I get an immaculate ride) because saving 100K means something. But in my case I always end up buying zero meter cars because cant find one which is in genuine condition. Whereas you can never run with the changing of shapes/models. Some people are saying that new shape is coming in FEB next year so if its true then these cosmetics dont mean anything.
    Thank you for your advise brother !

    Actually for with holding tax, first i have seen here

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...shape-2014-a-2

    Basic Honda 1.3L Car..........................PKR 1,508,000
    Multimedia & Nav(Factory Fitted)...........PKR 50,500
    Fog Lights (Factory Fitted)....................PKR 6,000
    Rear Speakers(Factory Fitted)...............PKR 4,000
    Transportation Charges........................PKR 12,000
    Withholding Tax For Non Filer................PKR 40,000
    Registration Charges(Isb Approx).......... PKR 45,000
    My Total Car Cost...........................PKR 1,665,500

    then I confirmed it from honda dealer through phone call . . . . and he say 41. but I'll confirm that again.

    --

    Coming to the topic : Your recommendation is second hand, but car should be 2014 and with this model difference should be 100k.
    @juventus points are very valid as well.

    but does it really matter 1st owner or second owner.

    about warranty I think Honda is giving warranty upto 50 thousand (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm looking for a car maximum 40 thousand driven , so the car would be in warranty anyway.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    juventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msiddique.bhatti View Post
    Thank you for your advise brother !

    Actually for with holding tax, first i have seen here

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...shape-2014-a-2

    Basic Honda 1.3L Car..........................PKR 1,508,000
    Multimedia & Nav(Factory Fitted)...........PKR 50,500
    Fog Lights (Factory Fitted)....................PKR 6,000
    Rear Speakers(Factory Fitted)...............PKR 4,000
    Transportation Charges........................PKR 12,000
    Withholding Tax For Non Filer................PKR 40,000
    Registration Charges(Isb Approx).......... PKR 45,000
    My Total Car Cost...........................PKR 1,665,500

    then I confirmed it from honda dealer through phone call . . . . and he say 41. but I'll confirm that again.

    --

    Coming to the topic : Your recommendation is second hand, but car should be 2014 and with this model difference should be 100k.
    @juventus points are very valid as well.

    but does it really matter 1st owner or second owner.

    about warranty I think Honda is giving warranty upto 50 thousand (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm looking for a car maximum 40 thousand driven , so the car would be in warranty anyway.

    you are right ... but on transfer of a vehicle which is not more than 5 years old one have to pay WHT as well .... (i m not so sure about this as i haven't make any transfer recently...please senior members shed some light onto this as well) but one has to pay a high price as well ...

    honda city warranty is 3 years or 80,000km now ....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •