Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: fully synthetic engine oils PSO vs Shell vs Total vs Caltex. which one and why?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile fully synthetic engine oils PSO vs Shell vs Total vs Caltex. which one and why?

    as the title indicates i wanna know which one is the best available fully synthetic engine oils for 1zr-fe in the market? help will be appreciated from the ones who have tried all of them and then reach to the conclusion

    Click here for SOLUTION


    Similar Threads:

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anybody??

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    as the title indicates i wanna know which one is the best available fully synthetic engine oils for 1zr-fe in the market? help will be appreciated from the ones who have tried all of them and then reach to the conclusion
    Sir the engine 1zr-fe comes in Altis. Right? (I googled)
    If its new, then you should feed expensive oil.
    But if its older, then mineral oil will be more suitable.

    And I'll rank these companies based on 5w-40 which is most popular fully synthetic oil

    In Imported Category
    No. 1 Liqui Moly
    No. 2 Megiun
    No. 3 Xolvoline
    No. 4 Kixx
    (in previous threads I read about Profi Car which is from Germany also, but didn't find many comments from the consumers about performance).

    Paki.
    No. 1 ZIC XQ
    No. 2 Shell Ultra
    No. 3 Total
    No. 4 PSO
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir the engine 1zr-fe comes in Altis. Right? (I googled)
    If its new, then you should feed expensive oil.
    But if its older, then mineral oil will be more suitable.

    And I'll rank these companies based on 5w-40 which is most popular fully synthetic oil

    In Imported Category
    No. 1 Liqui Moly
    No. 2 Megiun
    No. 3 Xolvoline
    No. 4 Kixx
    (in previous threads I read about Profi Car which is from Germany also, but didn't find many comments from the consumers about performance).

    Paki.
    No. 1 ZIC XQ
    No. 2 Shell Ultra
    No. 3 Total
    No. 4 PSO
    thankyou for your reply... Yes it comes in Altis
    actually i'm looking forward to buy Paki brands as these are easily available here in peshawar. moreover i also wanted to know that does buying oem engine oil filter really worth it cuz it so much expansive at toyota dealership ( thailand made for 1300Rs) as compared to the ones available in local market for 400rs?

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waseef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,969
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Im using Shell HX5 in my 2nzfe since long, im fully satisfied, no reduction of oil, no noise and engine runs smooth.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    thankyou for your reply... Yes it comes in Altis
    actually i'm looking forward to buy Paki brands as these are easily available here in peshawar. moreover i also wanted to know that does buying oem engine oil filter really worth it cuz it so much expansive at toyota dealership ( thailand made for 1300Rs) as compared to the ones available in local market for 400rs?
    Sir then I'll suggest to go for zic xq 5w-40. You can use it all year. And it has very long change interval like 6000 to 8000 km.
    Its price is 3850/4L.

    These OEM has contracted with local filter making factories. There are so many "un-named" small small factories who are producing these filters for OEM. And OEM buying from them at the price of Rs. 100~150 and sell them at 7~10 times higher.
    Go for Leppon because original Leppon give guarantee upto 7000km and price is just 450
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waseef View Post
    Im using Shell HX5 in my 2nzfe since long, im fully satisfied, no reduction of oil, no noise and engine runs smooth.
    2nzfe is 1300cc engines comes in vitz, belta, platz, porte and few others.
    If your car is in one of them, then it’s the ideal oil (shell HX5, 10w-40) you are feeding it.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,045
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good suggestions @tintin1 :-)
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir the engine 1zr-fe comes in Altis. Right? (I googled)
    If its new, then you should feed expensive oil.
    But if its older, then mineral oil will be more suitable.

    And I'll rank these companies based on 5w-40 which is most popular fully synthetic oil

    In Imported Category
    No. 1 Liqui Moly
    No. 2 Megiun
    No. 3 Xolvoline
    No. 4 Kixx
    (in previous threads I read about Profi Car which is from Germany also, but didn't find many comments from the consumers about performance).

    Paki.
    No. 1 ZIC XQ
    No. 2 Shell Ultra
    No. 3 Total
    No. 4 PSO
    Paki oils are more or less the same. They used to be blended in the same blending plant.
    Now they are separate but the procedure is the same

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Paki oils are more or less the same. They used to be blended in the same blending plant.
    Now they are separate but the procedure is the same
    Yes sir almost all the procedure is same. But I think these oils are blended largely by considering the types of vehicles mostly available in the market. Here we have Toyota, Honda & Suzuki. And most of these cars needs SG, SH, or SL grade oils.
    And performance wise SM & SN grade oils are more better.
    (this is what I think)
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Yes sir almost all the procedure is same. But I think these oils are blended largely by considering the types of vehicles mostly available in the market. Here we have Toyota, Honda & Suzuki. And most of these cars needs SG, SH, or SL grade oils.
    And performance wise SM & SN grade oils are more better.
    (this is what I think)
    PSO's synthetic oil grades are SM & SN.

    PSO Automotive Oils

    PSO Automotive Oils

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    PSO's synthetic oil grades are SM & SN.

    PSO Automotive Oils

    PSO Automotive Oils
    Sir I know u are from pso.
    But to be very impartial, PSO engine oils are only good for motor cycles because of price.
    For Cars, they are not very good because quality is not as durable as it has to be.

    My friend khalid whom I meet almost everyday after dinner meal, he runs oil shop and told me many things about oils which I never know before.
    Most of the market comments and prices which I post here, comes after discussions with him. He is good chap.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so change oil today with shell helix ultra 5w-40 and oem filter, engine noise a bit reduced so far NO such INCREDIBLE increase in performance. the performance of total quartz 9000 was average and i was shocked to see that engine oil was reduced by 0.5 liters... next time will try Pso cuz i couldn't not find genuine imported oils in peshawar.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir I know u are from pso.
    But to be very impartial, PSO engine oils are only good for motor cycles because of price.
    For Cars, they are not very good because quality is not as durable as it has to be.

    My friend khalid whom I meet almost everyday after dinner meal, he runs oil shop and told me many things about oils which I never know before.
    Most of the market comments and prices which I post here, comes after discussions with him. He is good chap.
    Sir is se zada impartial kya hoskta hun men k I HAVE NEVER USED PSO ENGINE OIL
    Durable in what sense?
    All my friends and collegues use PSO oils. Never had any problem with it. and its cheaper aswell (atleast for us employees)

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    so change oil today with shell helix ultra 5w-40 and oem filter, engine noise a bit reduced so far NO such INCREDIBLE increase in performance. the performance of total quartz 9000 was average and i was shocked to see that engine oil was reduced by 0.5 liters... next time will try Pso cuz i couldn't not find genuine imported oils in peshawar.
    Thats the way bro. Buy what suits your car. It should only be of the right grade as per car manual.
    Baki local brands men zada fark nae hai, all about customer perception here.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,268
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have never tried Caltex & PSO, but I m using shell ultra 5w40 in my younger bro altis 1.6....so far its smooth with good fuel consumption....Zic XQ 5w40 is also good but its imported n not available at the pump n most of the Zic are repacked here so hard to find original Zic XQ
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    I have never tried Caltex & PSO, but I m using shell ultra 5w40 in my younger bro altis 1.6....so far its smooth with good fuel consumption....Zic XQ 5w40 is also good but its imported n not available at the pump n most of the Zic are repacked here so hard to find original Zic XQ
    Sir few days ago I was reading your some other posts where you said you use zic xq 5w-40 in your car. run it upto 8000~10000 and after that feed it to generator.
    It means zic xq is really good oil and suits your vehicle too.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir few days ago I was reading your some other posts where you said you use zic xq 5w-40 in your car. run it upto 8000~10000 and after that feed it to generator.
    It means zic xq is really good oil and suits your vehicle too.
    Hahahaha @tintin1 har khabar par nazar

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,268
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir few days ago I was reading your some other posts where you said you use zic xq 5w-40 in your car. run it upto 8000~10000 and after that feed it to generator.
    It means zic xq is really good oil and suits your vehicle too.
    yes Zic XQ is good oil was using in my markx then I switched to liqui moly synthoil 5w40 fully synthetic....btw I never re-used old oil in my generator ......mostly every fully synthetic oil can be run upto 10,000km but for Pakistan environment we should change at 7-8000km or u can check the oil dipstick
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    But therez one thing that annoys me i dont know why whichsoever oil i used didnt perform like the one that came from factory in the engine when it was brand new...i wonder which oil did the factory put in it.. Is it the same toyota petron one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •