Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Swift or FAW V2?

Need to make a decision.

I want a car that's economical and fast (when I want it to be). City is not in my range (nor do I wanna buy a car which is getting a new facelift next year).

I know about the resale problem, I don't really care much about that. I plan to keep this car for at least 5 years.

Budget is about 11,00,000. Suggestions please.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone here knows technical stuff about the V2 so I can get some tips and tricks if I do end up getting that car (there are a lot of Swift experts here so I was wondering).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    Although I am a die hard fan of China and Chinese products but here I would advise the starter of this post to go for a Swift DLX. Although I am sure the V2 may be a nice car but 5 years down the line I do not know what the state of spares, reliability will be.

I lived for a year in China and even there it was rare to see a local car. Most popular there were VW, Buick, Audi and to a lesser extent Hyundai and Kia. Even Toyota and Honda were very rare. This should give you an indication of which car to buy now.
    as I said above v2 shares same parts as vitz a customer can always go to any toyota mechanic and can depend on vitz parts and cosmetic part are no issue u can always get custom made bumper,tail light,headlight,fender,hood only thing that will be hard will be boot as this thig doesn't include in body kit but not to forget our talented denter which can repair any damaged JDM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    Although I am a die hard fan of China and Chinese products but here I would advise the starter of this post to go for a Swift DLX. Although I am sure the V2 may be a nice car but 5 years down the line I do not know what the state of spares, reliability will be.

I lived for a year in China and even there it was rare to see a local car. Most popular there were VW, Buick, Audi and to a lesser extent Hyundai and Kia. Even Toyota and Honda were very rare. This should give you an indication of which car to buy now.
    You cannot compare Markets of two different countries..ppl in china have alot of options to choose from..
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for all the opinions. I'll give both these cars a good look.

Initially I was set on leasing a swift with about 900k downpayment but almost everyone I talk to scares me away from leasing cars saying its a pain in the ***.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, Never go for bank lease as u will always be worried about next payment.......even if it is a small amount! me n my family have planned to buy a new car n Alhamdulillah! we saved enough money to buy a sedan n hopefully it will be in our garage by FEB 2015!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ASKnASK View Post
    Thanks a lot for all the opinions. I'll give both these cars a good look.

Initially I was set on leasing a swift with about 900k downpayment but almost everyone I talk to scares me away from leasing cars saying its a pain in the ***.
    900K its a good budget to buy a used Swift, even if you are leasing/financing for this amount of down payment for new Swift all good to go monthly will hardly be 10K installment.

A quality product even at financing will be better, than buying a doubt in cash.

Swift new shape is to be launched in first quarter or mid of 2015, I'll say wait and finance that one, till the period its paid you will have a better resale edge than all the other swifts and other hatchbacks.

Again --- God Bless your plans.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KamranAslam View Post
    Swift new shape is to be launched in first quarter or mid of 2015, I'll say wait and finance that one
    Any confirmation for this?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any confirmation for this?
    an insider of PS.

few days back I was at my PS dealer to get my new Bolan and he updated me.

Nothing on paper or web yet. --- its just a word of mouth for now.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the way for FAW V2. I am a proud owner of this beauty with the pocket rocket capabilities.
    People talking about the resale value should realize that it gets better day by day if the product is good and reliable.
    FAW has all the techs as it makes vehicles with Toyota, Mazda, Volkswagen, Audi and GM... So one should not under estimate their capabilities. This V2 is also based on Vitz platform and shares the same engine technology.
    Swift also took time to for acceptability as a 1.3 liter hatchback so will FAW V2. INSHA ALLAHName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1421650953.653615.jpg
Views: 2400
Size:  675.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1421650978.978879.jpg
Views: 3545
Size:  195.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to the local dealer in I 9 and inspected the car out of curiosity...

The seats were not comfortable, the plastic used felt like it would just fall off...

The dials in tachometer looked cheap...

However, soundless engine... Plenty of rear leg space and air bags... Not to mention the 1.3 L Vitz engine that is quite a kick and ABS w EBD..

If u want to keep the car for as long as it can endure then V2 is the way to go...

P.S: The dealer told me that the parts are almost identical to that of 2 nd generation Vitz... I confirmed that visually as well..

Cheers..
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Well unlike most i won't be suggesting FAW as i almost have a personal experience with FAW X-PV.
    On paper V2 looks strong but you need to consult someone on practicality of keeping both cars. If you talk about on paper thing Liana would edge out each and every 1.3L car of Pakistan specially Xli(in terms of engine performance, Cabin facilities) but does that mean you would prefer Liana over XLi, i wouldn't. Xli has easily availabe spares, mostly cheaper too, strong build and is easy to maintain car.
    Same goes for Swift and V2, Swift is a road proven car, V2 is mostly on paper in Pakistan. Faw spares are almost impossible to find. X-PV i talked about met an severe accident, though insured but parts are nowhere to be found.Even Authorized dealers dont have all parts. Same would be for V2. A car that is hard to maintain in definately NOT recommended no matter how good it is on paper and specially if you don't have money to experiment, then stay away from experiments. My colleague's X-PV experiment has costed him something that was even beyond his imaginations....
    Most sincere advice so FAR don't experiment 10 lacs where ratio of uncertainty is high

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how about spare parts of V2 ?
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

v2 is the best as campier Suzuki swift alto pasoo vitz ,my suggestion is hurry to buy FAW V2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw V2 all the way!
    Posted from a PC using taar kay bagher wala internet.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need to make a decision.

I want a car that's economical and fast (when I want it to be). City is not in my range (nor do I wanna buy a car which is getting a new facelift next year).

if you do not want to buy a car that will be getting a new facelift then why are you even considering swift? its a prehistoric model in the international market and has undergone a complete model change and even a facelift after that, if you are not bothered by this then you should not be bothered by city either and as you said resale is not your primary concern.

I know about the resale problem, I don't really care much about that. I plan to keep this car for at least 5 years.
    this shape of FAW v2 will still be around in 5 years . the company has a strong standing and is continuing growing in pakistan. intentionally FAW group of companies has been around since 1958. and not to mention as they are growing in pakistan they would entertain any warranty claims in future better than pak suzuki ever does.

Budget is about 11,00,000. Suggestions please
    you cant even get a swift in this budget and have money left for registration. at best you will be able to get DX model which is more basic than even a xli, doest even have power mirrors, forget abs, plus the v2 is better value for money especially when it comes to saftey. the local swift which has no airbags got 0 stars in ncap tests and is basically a death trap.

when you dont even have the money upfront for a swift what do you see in that car that would make you go through all the hassle and multiplicity of issues in financing a car. swift is not a bad car and has proved popular, but its for you to decide whether without having money upfront what are the advantages for going for any variant of swift except in my mind of a more finishing touches and details in the interior and exterior.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone here knows technical stuff about the V2 so I can get some tips and tricks if I do end up getting that car (there are a lot of Swift experts here so I was wondering).
    will give a focused reply instead of falling into any discussion, the answers to your questions are in bold in the quoted text.

as far as tricks of V2 go, you want to ask about some features in particular or technical specs?

as a highlight, it comes with both front an rear foglights, all the paints finishes are excellent with no orange peel like in suzuki paint and all finishes including black and white color as well is metallic paint not flat solid paint. its indicator stalk is on the opposite side like in german cars,and windows switches are illuminated and down in the centre console like on some sports cars/convertibles. it has usb input on the stereo as well as map lights too.

on the technical side its engine has vvt-i which swift engine lacks so it should get better fuel economy as well, it comes with a imported battery which is dry battery also but i am not sure about this. it has 89 horsepower which is same as swift although i dont like the fact that it only revs till 6000rpm compared to 6500rpm of swift and haven't driven one but i can assume that gear shift feedback and steering feedback wont be as good as the swift which i think has a fantastic gearbox and steering response as i have driven one.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought FAW V2 in white color couple of days ago. Comfortable, spacious, powerful engine and a smooth ride. Only drawback is the sound when u close the door which can be improved (I think)
    Resale will build up slowly. If you want to keep it for a year or less then don't buy V2 but if you want to keep for at least 2-3 years you won't get a better car in its price.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by highroller View Post
    Bought FAW V2 in white color couple of days ago. Comfortable, spacious, powerful engine and a smooth ride. Only drawback is the sound when u close the door which can be improved (I think)
    Resale will build up slowly. If you want to keep it for a year or less then don't buy V2 but if you want to keep for at least 2-3 years you won't get a better car in its price.

Totally agreed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as V2 is concerned, the actual product is superb. It excels at the weakest point that swift has i.e. fuel economy. Much better features like dual airbags and powered everything etc. The built quality is way higher then any local assembled offering, seats were the part i liked the most as in our market where even the product by honda i.e. city even has crappy seats, attention to detail to such areas by this manufacturer speaks volumes about their interest in offering a superior product.

The risk remains in the financial aspects, yes the parts availability is a question mark and resale is unpredictable. But you would have a much larger smile on your face when you drive it every single day.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir ji go for V2 best advantage of v2 is that it is less than 1300 cc means 1299 etc and tax on it is different slab and swift engine is more than 1300 in cc so swift's tax slab is different 2ndly faw is exempted with holding tax on it

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default azhar

Faw v2...I hope it will rock

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am a satisfied swift user, and frankly am fascinated by V2,
    now considering that you are 26 years and buying your first car,

V2 is better than swift in terms of product value, swift is not that far behind though
    V2 is about 3 lac cheaper than the equivalent swift

BUT........ AT the end of the day swift is already on road, and possibly like car companies other than the big three, V2 too will not be able to make that much of a dent in our auto market,

how many V2 have you seen on road since launch?
    after 5 years or so resale value or not, swift will attract buyers, but V2 will be a BIG effort to sell. consider the following:

my aunts brother bought Chevrolet optra for 18 lac. after 4-5 years he gave it to my cousin to sell it. and it took about 16 months "yes more than a year" to sell, and also it was sold for 7.5 lacs and not to mention the time when the car had some fault and it would be parked for weeks awaiting parts,

two more things

1, majority is authority.
    2, we have severe trust issues (azmaye hue ko he azmaye)
    "people dont even knew Chervolet"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List