1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daihatsu Mira fan club

I am seeing a LOT of this car on the roads these days. Seems like it is becoming very popular among the people in its class (660 cc?). I did not see a club for it, so I have made it here (mods, if this is a repeat, please delete).

So folks who own a Mira, please post pictures and tell us what you think about this car, how much did you buy it for, what fuel economy it gives you and how you rate it.

I myself am not a Mira owner, however am very curious about this one.

Cheers!

-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yesterday i drove mira custom of a relative that was 2008 model,it s a good car and fuel average was around 18km/ltr with ac on isb highway,i think its quite good

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All,
    As the use of toyota XLI was getting out of my pocket, i decided to find cuore CNG so to have economical travelling. Obviously i visited pak wheels for guidance and then decided to go for MIRA, as ppl here have constantly said that they get 15-17 km/ltr. I have bought MIRA 2007 a month back, showing 17k mileage (God know's better now). Over all the car is bumper to bumper genuine and engine condition is excellent, drive is v.smooth too. But the basic for buying it was for good petrol consumption. It is giving me 9 km/ltr with AC. I have changed it's oil (shell havoline), oil filter, cleaned the air filter (as it was already in good state), plugs are in v.good state, engine throttle also ( i took the advice of pakwheels expert in forums). Still the mileage is 9-10 km/ltr on AC in lahore city. I usually drive below 80 kms/hr and use empty roads.

Please i need urgent help on it, any good mechanic or any advice, i am really tense about the petrol consumption.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fast_mani
    got 2 Mira in family
    i think that the fair fuel consumption is 13km/l
    better u get its fuel pump + fuel filter chkd
    if the filter is clogged ( as it normally does due to the poor quality fuel available in lahore) u must get is replaced

btw, i own a Passo, its is giving me 12-13km/l with ac in Lahore

cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bigb_gr8
    Thanks for your reply. I've hardly drove this car for 500 km, and it was a fresh import. I talked to my mechanic about fuel filter change, he was saying that it needs to be replaced after like 1 lac kms, mine is only driven like 18 thousand (God knows how much it is being drove in japan). Still i will follow your advice.

Secondly i am very much dejected that i got MIRA by so much fake claims at pakwheels. I always thought it as a source of good advices.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am unable to understand yet why there is such a difference in fuel avg of MIRA,some one is getting 9-10,some are getting 13-14.some are getting above 20 even.I went through the forums to check it out,ppl have even cleaned their veh throtle bodies,changed spark plugs,change all filters even then they are not getting above 12- 13,whereas some are getting too good,i am unable to understand this point yet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If any good mechanic for these japanese cars to boost up the fuel mileage would be a real help.

Else it would be a scrap to have 9-10 km/lrt even with luxuries it gives

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi @shariq1
    i have also listened from mira owners , this car also touch speed breakers if more than two people are in the car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after reviewing this thread should go for mehran vxr?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by duke_nuke View Post
    hi @shariq1
    i have also listened from mira owners , this car also touch speed breakers if more than two people are in the car
    Usually most of the japanese cars touch speed breakers..
    Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daihatsu Mira Millage

I have a daihatsu mira 2006 and I have to say the millage is disappointing. It gives me around 10-12 with A/C and I get same or better with my Honda city 2010. So now I only try to take mira on narrow roads with small speed bumps, otherwise it is bound to kiss them. I am dissapointed with the fuel consumption of Mira....

Spark plugs, filter everything is fine...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by habibalam View Post
    this is true mate u wilnt get more than 12 km per litre i also own a same car 2006 but not getting more tha 11 km ...but car is beautiful.but petrol avg bad.
    Mira 4WD is in market in plenty. Did you check if you are buying FF or 4WD? I bought 4WD intentionally. It has better pickup. Though i have to ignore bad average and rear shaft noise for that. I'm happy with it.
    Fun begins where the road ends!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a 2006 A/T 2 door Mira. Registered November 2011. Driven 10000kms since I purchased it in march 2012 from a seller at PW. Alhumdulillah very satisfied with the performance of the car as I drive around 75-80kms everyday to my office in SITE Karachi and related facility at RCD highway, HUB. I have enjoyed excellent drive on both the roads. For those who are not aware of Karachi, SITE is an industrial area where you can find the most pathetic of roads whereas RCD highway is an excellent long highway route. Mira has always given me a fuel economy of around 14-15 kms, not more than that on AC.

But more recently, the car has started declining on its fuel economy and according to my judgment its doing 11-12 kms. I drive the car very carefully with out giving too much throttle on the paddle and turning off AC while driving on flyovers or more slopy areas. I have no idea whats gone wrong with the car all of a sudden. The plugs are also in good condition but the car has started knocking.

Please advice as to which engine oil should I use as I plan to get the car serviced soon. And what other measures I can take to improve the performance of this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ushkm View Post
    I have a 2006 A/T 2 door Mira. Registered November 2011. Driven 10000kms since I purchased it in march 2012 from a seller at PW. Alhumdulillah very satisfied with the performance of the car as I drive around 75-80kms everyday to my office in SITE Karachi and related facility at RCD highway, HUB. I have enjoyed excellent drive on both the roads. For those who are not aware of Karachi, SITE is an industrial area where you can find the most pathetic of roads whereas RCD highway is an excellent long highway route. Mira has always given me a fuel economy of around 14-15 kms, not more than that on AC.

But more recently, the car has started declining on its fuel economy and according to my judgment its doing 11-12 kms. I drive the car very carefully with out giving too much throttle on the paddle and turning off AC while driving on flyovers or more slopy areas. I have no idea whats gone wrong with the car all of a sudden. The plugs are also in good condition but the car has started knocking.

Please advice as to which engine oil should I use as I plan to get the car serviced soon. And what other measures I can take to improve the performance of this car.
    as u said that ur car started knocking then u should check ur engine oil. if needed change it. use ZIC A + as ur car sounds new. this oil is one of the best for new engines. also pour some hi-octane fuel maybe 15 liter or full tank. after doing that u will probably get ur fuel average.

this also happened with mine Mira so i did the same procedure and problem solved.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    as u said that ur car started knocking then u should check ur engine oil. if needed change it. use ZIC A + as ur car sounds new. this oil is one of the best for new engines. also pour some hi-octane fuel maybe 15 liter or full tank. after doing that u will probably get ur fuel average.

this also happened with mine Mira so i did the same procedure and problem solved.

Ok. I plan to get my car serviced this weekend so I will go for the Zic motor Oil. But can you tell me if I also need to check my fuel filter as some people say that this problem might be due to the fuel filter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ushkm View Post
    Ok. I plan to get my car serviced this weekend so I will go for the Zic motor Oil. But can you tell me if I also need to check my fuel filter as some people say that this problem might be due to the fuel filter.
    first change the oil to solve knocking problem which might also solve the fuel average problem. if not solved then change the fuel filter also. i havent changed mine rides fuel filter since i bought that car and i have driven it around 75k kms. and i m getting fuel average 13~15km/ltr
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My research on MIRA

Mira L250 2004-2007 model is not fuel efficent and will give u around 12km/l with AC. However if u wana save money on fuel go for L275 2008-2011 the curved shaped mira which will give u around 20km/l with Ac. i drove a Mira L275 frm islamabad to lahore on motorway with 2 people on board at an average speed of 80km/h as the tyres were in a bad condition.. i got 31km/l on motorway.. i drove a Mira 250 2006 model frm lahore to isb on motorway with 4 people on board, average speed 110km/h and i got 16 km/l without AC.
    hazy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hazy View Post
    Mira L250 2004-2007 model is not fuel efficent and will give u around 12km/l with AC. However if u wana save money on fuel go for L275 2008-2011 the curved shaped mira which will give u around 20km/l with Ac. i drove a Mira L275 frm islamabad to lahore on motorway with 2 people on board at an average speed of 80km/h as the tyres were in a bad condition.. i got 31km/l on motorway.. i drove a Mira 250 2006 model frm lahore to isb on motorway with 4 people on board, average speed 110km/h and i got 16 km/l without AC.
    You are right brother. And thanks for the comparison b/w the two models.... I own Mira 2006 (L250) but luckly I got a Dohc engine one and it is better in fuel economy and normal miras of the same model. Mine does 14-15 km/l in city driving.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hazy View Post
    Well, to me the comparison is slightly unfair and is favouring the L275. Lets calculate the approximate mileage had the 250s been driven at ideal speed for these small cars (80kmph), on motorway instead of the GT road and with 2 passengers only.
    Now we know that ideal speed is 49 mph (80kmph) and is reduced by 20% when the speed rises to 65mph (105kmph). It further reduces by 20% with the speed at 80mph (130kmph). So by this analogy:
    L250s will have a mileage of 16kmpl + {16kmpl x 20/100} = 19.2 which may be rounded off to 20kmpl as speed was actually 110kmph
    Weight and motorway vs highway allowance may be taken around 10 to 20 % (very rough estimate may be taken as 15%), so
    Final mileage for L250s in similar circumstances may be 20kmpl + {20kmpl x 15/100} = 23kmpl
    Al-Khalid,(6TD2, 1200 hp): In line horizontally opposed, 6 cylinders 12 pistons, 2 stroke liquid cooled multi-fuel engine with turbo super charger and indirect fuel injection

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am pleased to share pictures of my MIRA 2006(end) bought it as an unregistered car...! Plz say mashallah
    It is unique in its class as well as it has got DOHC engine with 4 FWD gears, 3 spoke steering, ABS brakes and a daihatsu's genuine CD player and a little bit fabricy touch in door trims
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Redesigned Daihatsu Mira is Japan's top fuel saver:

We talk about kei cars whenever we can here on Autoblog because we're fascinated by the little Japanese mini-rides. They manage to be spacious, practical, and even stylish despite the size and power constraints placed on them by Japanese regulations. The newest one to hit dealerships is the 7th-gen Daihatsu Mira, which is noteworthy in that the non-turbocharged version, sporting a CVT and the 58-horsepower 658cc KF-VE 3-cylinder with variable valve timing, has a fuel economy rating of 27 kilometers per liter. That's 63.5 miles per gallon, people -- without any electronic trickery, costly hybrid powertrains, or fancypants alternative fuel source. Color us impressed.

The turbocharged Mira Custom RS is spunkier, generating 64 horses, yet still manages 54 mpg when ordered in the 2WD configuration. No matter what, the driver wins.

Don't think the cars are strippers either. They come with full keyless entry and start systems (to put this in perspective, neither of the Cadillacs that we've recently had pass through the AB Garage offer this). A twist starter is standard, but on some models, it can be upgraded to a push-button unit. The rear seat slides forward and back to maximze passenger room and/or cargo capacity, and the Mira can even be equipped with radar-assisted cruise control. Drivers trade performance for the other benefits, but no matter what the concession, 63.5 mpg is a hell of a compelling argument.

Daihatsu MIRA fan club -1039135Daihatsu MIRA fan club -1039131Daihatsu MIRA fan club -1039132Daihatsu MIRA fan club -1039133
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List