1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Brother I am fan of Yoko tyres for many years and my affection to this brand is backed by my solid experience. I am using Yoko's on my corolla that I use as car/jeep mix sort of machine in northern areas 3 to 4 times a year.

When I bought boon 2007, I searched for the stock size because I keep my car stock....I am not automobile engineer so can't deviate from a stock size recommended by the automobile engineers from daihatsu. I could not find stock size except general and jinyu. I did not dare buy used tyres as even buying new tyres is a big challenge....why? long story how I bought Yoko's last month at last from the original importers in Pakistan.

That is why I went for Jinyu considering that it may only last 25 to 30k km. These types are soft, smooth and comfortable from the day one and so far with me for 2 and half years and mashAllah no puncture and jinyu took me even to Jalkhad ahead of Naran. Above all I maintain the tyres with balancing, alignment and crossing at regular intervals. This is my personal experience and I am not branding jinyus. If they will remain as it is @30k, inshAllah I will go for jinyu again because only alternative is general. I will post latest picture of tyre when I will log in from the laptop.
    Here is the photo of tyre
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

Brother I am fan of Yoko tyres for many years and my affection to this brand is backed by my solid experience. I am using Yoko's on my corolla that I use as car/jeep mix sort of machine in northern areas 3 to 4 times a year.

When I bought boon 2007, I searched for the stock size because I keep my car stock....I am not automobile engineer so can't deviate from a stock size recommended by the automobile engineers from daihatsu. I could not find stock size except general and jinyu. I did not dare buy used tyres as even buying new tyres is a big challenge....why? long story how I bought Yoko's last month at last from the original importers in Pakistan.

That is why I went for Jinyu considering that it may only last 25 to 30k km. These types are soft, smooth and comfortable from the day one and so far with me for 2 and half years and mashAllah no puncture and jinyu took me even to Jalkhad ahead of Naran. Above all I maintain the tyres with balancing, alignment and crossing at regular intervals. This is my personal experience and I am not branding jinyus. If they will remain as it is @30k, inshAllah I will go for jinyu again because only alternative is general. I will post latest picture of tyre when I will log in from the laptop.
    Absolutely agree with the comparison to General part. Yes Jinyu is miles ahead and lot better than General. If that is the criteria, Jinyu is the only superior alternative. Well i guess i was comparing them to Yokos, sonthats why didn't feel satisfied. And now as you mentioned comparison to General i am thinking that true. My car came with 165/70-14 Yoko Ecos, i switched to Jinyu and later i went back to the same old size and tyre model of Yokos found in very good condition from a PSO tyre shop (though they were used) but those used Yokos felt better than Jinyu immediately.
    But if getting brand new tyres, Yokos get out if budget slightly so the only option left is Jinyu.
    There is an even better brand than Jinyu, known as NANKANG, i am using them on my 2013 Civic (new tyres and now driven 23000) and though i was a bit shaky getting them in the first place, they have proved to be absolutely brilliant and awesome tyres. I am not sure if NANKANG is available in smaller sizes for Passo etc. reason being same Yoko was getting insanely expensive so Nankang it was.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the photo of tyre
    Yes these are exactly the ones i got. But i suppose texture may have gotten rough as i use my Passo as the workhorse specially going to farm areas and rough construction sites (kachi sarkon par ragarnay k liye) Yours seem to be neat on the tread surface though. But yet again same kachi surfaces didn't effect Yokos

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    I have Passo Racy 1.0 and I am satisfied with its fuel economy and other thing, Just need 1 question which is the performance of Passo in Hill Areas specially like Monal, Peer Sohawa, with 4-5 Person on board?

It will climb easily? I havn't Experience Monal, It will my First Experience. This is my first Automatic ride, beyond that I m not a confused driver, I drive to Naran many times, Salt mines to Kallar kahar via Chuwa sedan shah but that time ride was PKDM Mehran and cultus.

please share your experience

my Ride Tyres are:
    185-70-14
    For 14" rim size, you should use 175/65 size tires. And, the rim width should be 5". These are for best of everything like mileage, steering, suspension, handling etc.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    For 14" rim size, you should use 175/65 size tires. And, the rim width should be 5". These are for best of everything like mileage, steering, suspension, handling etc.
    Yes, a good piece of advice in reply. 185 is a bit wider. Makes the car heavy to drive and on a profile like 185/70 its makes it even higher to a non recommended ratio. I was dissapointed by 185/65 which was a lower profile than 70. 165/70-14 is also perfect for Passo. If at all slightly wider then YES 175/65, not any further than that for Passo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother My question was Passo in Hilli areas, Monal, Pir Sohawa road specially,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother My question was Passo in Hilli areas, Monal, Pir Sohawa road specially,
    Sorry I am not aware of the terrain, so I cannot say.
    Alway for climbing steep inclines and to increase torque and reduce speed, with auto transmission, we should restrict the shifting of gears max to 2 (being lower ones) and do the climbing.
    I don't know much about the tranny with Passo you have, but there shall be an option to drive in lower gears only or with with manual gear changing in auto transmission option to get the required torque ( less speed) for climbing in hilly areas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry I am not aware of the terrain, so I cannot say.
    Alway for climbing steep inclines and to increase torque and reduce speed, with auto transmission, we should restrict the shifting of gears max to 2 (being lower ones) and do the climbing.
    I don't know much about the tranny with Passo you have, but there shall be an option to drive in lower gears only or with with manual gear changing in auto transmission option to get the required torque ( less speed) for climbing in hilly areas.
    That is "L" (load) thats what you are reffering to I guess.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    That is "L" (load) thats what you are reffering to I guess.
    Yes, perhaps with different names for different vehicle transmissions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brothers I Google many things about Passo, According to Theory L is first gear, 2 is (1-2) and with O/D ON u can use first 3 gears, I practically apply these in my plaza Parking during entrance and during Exit when steep height,

Any body have practically experience of Passo/ Vitz in Murree, Ayubia, Pir Sohawa terrain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My boon has gone to muree, nathia gali, kalabagh n pir sohawa etc. No probs at all. Just switch to lower gears when climbing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    My boon has gone to muree, nathia gali, kalabagh n pir sohawa etc. No probs at all. Just switch to lower gears when climbing
    Has boon got a CVT tranny? And what selection you keep on for operation on lower gears?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys i want to install white bulbs in my headlights, not HIDs just white bulbs.
    My car is blue and i thaut it ll look cooler that way.
    Any advice?
    Brand ? Price ? Shop in Karachi ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Guys i want to install white bulbs in my headlights, not HIDs just white bulbs.
    My car is blue and i thaut it ll look cooler that way.
    Any advice?
    Brand ? Price ? Shop in Karachi ?
    These white bulbs are useless..Visibility decreases. I installed them and removed second day

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    These white bulbs are useless..Visibility decreases. I installed them and removed second day
    Oh ok bro. Which were they btw? So Hids r the answer :p?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has boon got a CVT tranny? And what selection you keep on for operation on lower gears?
    No its 2007 so its a simple auto. N i mostly kept it in 2 for descend and climbs. Very rarely in L for very steep climbs. For straight roads in hilly areas i kept it in D with O/D off

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can any1 send me the user manual of Passo 2009,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if any1 have the english version manual of passo 2009 then kindly inbox me

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Passo Smart Card Key Remote and Transponder Key New and Programmed to the car

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1549681

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If anyone needs a Toyota Passo or Daihatsu Boon GENUINE SMART KEY CARD or TRANSPONDER KEY programmed to the ECU with the GENUINE Toyota Diagnostic software, it can be done and I can be able to do it.

I ordered a BRAND NEW, UNUSUED, GENUINE Smart Key Remote AND Transponder Key from Japan (See the pictures for what I have ordered) for a very good friend of mine for his Toyota Passo. We are in Lahore and we were trying to find a programmer to programme the NEW Smart Key Card and the Transponder Key to the Passo, but EVERY SINGLE PROGRAMMER FAILED to do so. The ONLY solution they had was to actually programme a Physical Transponder Key, but it was a UNLOCKED, CHINESE KEY.

My friend wanted the GENUINE Smart Key Remote AND the GENUINE Transponder Key from Japan to be programmed to the car. Well, I decided that enough is enough and I was able to FINALLY get my Toyota Diagnostic Software to programme the NEW, GENUINE Smart Key AND the NEW, GENUINE Transponder Key to the car!

What is interesting is that ONLY a NEW, GENUINE and UNUSED Smart Key and Transponder Key may be programmed to to the Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon (With the Key Free System). The FAKE, USED and CHINESE REMOTES that are 100% in the market, CANNOT AND WILL NOT be able to be programmed to the car, using the factory diagnostic tools.

I was able to programme an additional NEW, GENUINE Smart Key AND NEW, GENUINE Transponder Key to the Passo, via the ECU WITHOUT having to take out the ECU, WITHOUT having to Erase the ECU (Which is what the programmers in Lahore do) and WITHOUT having to touch anything else, except the Diagnostic tools.

If anyone would like to have a NEW, GENUINE, UNUSED Key programmed to their Toyota Passo or Daihatsu Boon with the Key Free System (Smart Card Key), please let me know.

I will ONLY be able to programme a NEW, GENUINE and UNUSED Smart Card Key AND Transponder Key that is purchased from me. I WILL NOT and I repeat, I WILL NOT and CANNOT programme the CHINESE REPLICA OR ANY USED keys with the Original Toyota Diagnostic Tools.
    I have attached some pictures that explain which Smart Key and Transponder Key I was able to programme.

If anyone interested, please contact me via Private Message or on my mobile phone at 0312 558 5100. I can programme the key for you and explain my pricing and information on how to get the key programmed safely, easily and WITHOUT having to take the ECU out AND I will even give a 1 year guarantee on the programming, and if there are any issues with the keys not responding to the car, I will reprogramme/reinitialize the keys to the car for free.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List