---- Specifications ----
Engine 2.5 liter inline-4 Weight
Torque 258 lb-ft @ 2800 - 6000 rpm
HP 296 hp @ 6200 rpm HP/Weight
HP/Liter 118.4 1/4 mile
FHI to introduce a New Additional Model in the Subaru Impreza WRX STI: A-Line
Tokyo, February 24, 2009 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today launches “Subaru Impreza WRX A-Line” which is a new addition to the current WRX STI model. The model goes on sale nationwide through Subaru dealerships today in Japan.
Based on the Impreza WRX STI, the WRX STI A-Line model was developed to offer its distinctive driving performance to a wider range of customers by integrating 2.5-litre turbocharged Boxer engine and 5 Speed Automatic Transmission with SPORTSHIFT*.
In addition, the current WRX STI was given some refinements to enhance comfort and quality feel; 8 way power adjustable front seats and a new body color, “Satin White Pearl”, is now available.
The model features the exclusively developed 2.5-litre Subaru BOXER turbo engine with SPORTSHIFT* E-5AT, while retaining the basic component such as chassis and body of the WRX STI, Subaru’s performance flagship.
- The unique 2.5-litre BOXER engine comes with a single scroll turbocharger and produces a flat torque from the low and mid-rev range to high-rev range.
- Dual Active Valve Control System (AVCS) was adopted to control continuously valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves, which improves low and mid-range range torque, high-rev range output and environmental friendliness.
- Tumble Generation Valve (TGV) controls the intake air stream to generate high combustion efficiency.
- SI-DRIVE (SUBARU Intelligent Drive), that enables the drivers to choose three different engine mappings, is standard.
- Paddle shift is featured to allow manual shifting without requiring the driver to release the steering wheel.
- Downshifting Blipping Control system was adopted. When down-shifting, the automatic transmission control unit interacts with the engine management system and increases engine revolutions instantly and to the exact required setting.
- Changing gears with the paddle shift can also be done by a temporary operation that does not require the selection lever to be set to the manual position.
- VTD (Variable Torque Distribution)-AWD system was adopted to provide excellent stability of the vehicle, which controls the torque distribution ratio between the front and rear axles depending on driving conditions.
- 17-inches ventilated dual piston disk brakes for the front, and 16-inches ventilated disk brakes for the rear were fitted.
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) System is standard.
- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat is standard. Leather seats are available as optional and include (front) seat heating. Soft leather door trim with silver stitch is featured.
-Engine type: Horizontally-Opposed 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbocharged engine
-Displacement: 2457 cc
-Maximum output: 221kW (300 PS)/6200 rpm
-Maximum torque: 350 Nm (35.7 kgf·m)/2800??6000 rpm
-Turbo type: Single Scroll turbocharger
About Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, is a leading manufacturer in Japan with a long history of technological innovations that dates back to its origin as an aircraft company. While the automotive business is a main business pillar, FHI’s Aerospace, Industrial Products and Eco Technologies divisions offer a diverse range of products from general-purpose engines, power generators, and sanitation trucks to small airplanes, crucial components for passenger aircrafts, and wind-powered electricity generating systems. Recognized internationally for its AWD (all-wheel drive) technology and Horizontally-Opposed engines in Subaru, FHI is also spearheading the development of environmentally friendly products and is committed to contributing to global environmental preservation.
SPORTSHIFT is a registered trademark of Prodrive Ltd.