Just like a singer whose every song may not be a hit, same goes for brands like Meguairs, Mothers, SONAX, 3M, DoDo, Wolfgang etc to name a few. You have to understand the basics first:
- What car you own? Will help in establishing what kind of a paint and finish has been applied.
- How old is your car and what is the condition of the paint/body surface of your car.
- Colour of your car, metallic, solid and shade.
I have extensively, repeat, extensively used almost all products from the following brands, starting from when I was a rookie to the present level of experience I now possess.
1. Formula 1 (All)
2. Turtle Wax (All Series incl Ice and Platinum)
3. SONAX (All)
4. Mothers (California Gold and the rest)
5. Meguairs (Gold Class and the rest)
6. Wolfgang (Most)
7. DoDo (Few)
8. 3M (All)
9. NuFinish (All)
Each and every product of a particular brand does not qualify to be the best in that category or class. You have to shorten your list of what you need and then pick the best one in that category, may it be any brand. Posting a few pics of your car (closeup to determine finish) will help us in recommending the right stuff. But as a general rule of thumb, I've found Meguairs and 3M to be the best in class. Remember when I say best in class, I mean products that are normally available to us at somewhat reasonable rates with a result that lives up almost 90% to our expectations. The remaining 10% is the lack of understanding of a product, expertise in applying it as per the instructions etc.