Swat journey plan:
I have prepared this plan for those persons, who want to make a tour of swat valley especially first time in a short period with minimum expenses. There are a loads of threads at pakwheels and one baffles how to make a plan.
Day: 01 Malam Jabba + White Palace Murghazar+ Fiza ghat...Night Stay At Mingora.
Malam Jabba(2 1/2 Hrs One Side Journey To Reach+ 2 1/2 Hrs For Return Journey+ 2 Hrs Scrolling There= Total 7 Hrs Time).
White Palace( 1/2 Hr One Side Journey To Reach+ 1/2 Hr For Return Journey+ 1 Hr Scrolling There= Total 2 Hrs Time).
You may easily visit & return back to Mingora till 5 pm or even before it.Then go to Fiza Ghat Park in Mingora which is open till late night.
Day: 02 Madyan+Bahrain+Kalam+Mahodhand....Night Stay At Kalam.
Take first van at 5 am from Mingora to reach Kalam at 9:30 am. Have breakfast.
Van stops for 30 minutes at Bahrain town, where you will see town and rivers meet. There is nothing anything extra to be visited.
Madyan comes en route for sightseeing only. No anything special there for seeing.
Miandam does not come in the way. There is no need to go there as no special scenery observed; but actually wastage of time and money.
Mahodhand is at 3 hrs drive from Kalam & return back to Kalam till sunset.
Day: 03 Visit to Kundol lake (Utror valley)......Departure.
It takes at least 2 hrs to reach Kundol point. 2 hrs trekking and in 1 hr back to Kundol point.
Return back to Kalam till 5 pm and get into van for Mingora.
Instead of taking hotel room, take nonstop bus seat and sleep while departing to your destination.
1. All places are accessible through public vans till Kalam. After Kalam, you may reach Ushu or Utror villages in public vans and there from hire jeep. See my two threads:
i. Cheap and safe swat tour in 2015.
ii. Swat tour to Ushu and Utror valleys.
2. Have a look at expenses; you will notice how to save money. At kalam, you may hire jeeps for 4 thousand rupees to accommodate 9 persons or go ahead in public van till Ushu /Utror villages wherefrom hire jeep. Big cars are also available to have 4 or 5 persons. In this way, you will reduce your expenses to a great extent.
3. If you are with a family, say of 2 or 3 persons, then hire vehicle accordingly after Kalam.
4. Most of lakes as Nasrullah Lake, Saifullah Lake and so many others you observe on net are of insignificant value, created by the mountaineers to mint money from tourists.
5. Trekkers also highlight new places every now and then; that is their passion. It is not every one's cup of tea. They also try to boast of they have seen what others not seen; but in true sense, those places are not so worthy to go specially for them.. You just visit the places I mentioned to you, all swat beauty is there; and praise Allah subhan wa taalal's providence.
6. June to August period is highly commercial and expensive. After that 50 % expenses are reduced on the tour.