The code you mentioned for the subject vehicle is not what your mechanics have diagnosed.
The ESM I have also covers the L15A engine thats supposed to be in your vehicle of model 2007. I am pasting all the diagnostic guide so that you can have a better understanding. I hope it helps you in any way possible
Basically this covers the ECU side of trobleshooting. you have to scan the ABS module codes and then paste them here for better understanding and further action
DTC Troubleshooting: P1887 (53-1)
DTC P1887: Problem in VABS Circuit
For KB, KE, KG, and KQ Models
?Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
?The illustration shows the example of connector terminal arrangement; connector terminal arrangement varies with the models.
- Check whether the ABS DTC is indicated.
Is the ABS DTC indicated?
YES - Perform the ABS troubleshooting for the indicated DTC, and recheck for DTC P1887 after troubleshooting
NO - Go to 2.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Check for continuity between PCM connector terminals A23 and body ground, and between A24 and body ground.
Is there continuity?
YES - Go to 4.
NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminals A23 and A24, and ground (G101), or repair poor ground (G101).n
- Lift up the vehicle, and allow the wheels to rotate freely.
- With driving the vehicle, measure the voltage between PCM connector terminals A18 and A23 or A24.
Is there pulsing voltage between 0-5 V?
YES - Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good PCM, replace the original PCM.n
NO - Go to 6.
- Disconnect ABS control unit connector.
- With driving the vehicle while lifting the vehicle up, measure the voltage between ABS control unit connector terminal No. 15 and body ground.
Is there voltage?
YES - Check for loose terminal fit in the ABS control unit connector
NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminal A18 and ABS control unit