Hello PW'ers. Gonna share the new car we bought last night. Its a 07/08 Pre-Facelift Toyota Vitz XP90 1.0 in Silver (ISB registered 2010). This was probably the cleanest car we could find in the price we had set a limit on.
We were heading in to buy a 08 Daihatsu Mira but then you simply cannot compare that to this. Our concern was that all the cars we own are SUVs/Sedans except a 1992 mehran that dosnt have AC which is a major let down and considering the traffic situation in our country, you just cant do without a small hatchback.
About the car, there isn't a single touch-up /dent or scuff on the paint of the car. The interior is mint. The car starts instantly and the engine has been kept with great care with proper lubrication. There are no squeaks from the suspension and no cabin rattling or unwanted noises ( though I intend on insulating the doors with some sound dampener). Everything on the car is working. That was a great relief.
Still, its not perfect and there are a few thing that need to be taken care of. 1 or 2 really light scratches on the left front fender but nothing some Autoglym Super Resin Polish cant fix. After all, the car will be getting a full Detailing Treatment in the coming week. There is a small paint chip on the left side of the rear bumper and a stone chip on the front bumper. Again something not hard to fix. The left rear light seems a little dull to me so gonna take care of that. Gonna treat the front headlights with Megauirs Plast-X. The left side view mirror has some blue paint on it that was left behind by a blue car but the mirror isnt damaged in any way (claying and polish is all it needs). And finally, the driver side installed wind deflector had a crack in it so we removed it and gonna install a new one.
Other than that, the car is sitting on 195/55R15 Bridgestones with some light weight Japaneses wheels.
Things That Will Be Done:
1) Auto Detailing Complete Session (using products by Autoglym/Blackfire/Meguiars/Mothers) (DONE)
2) Change the Wheels to branded 15x7" light weights. (Still Looking)
3) Headlight/Rear light restoration. (DONE)
4) Vitz BodyKit Extensions ( Received thanks to @cyberjunk14 )
5) Phillips Diamond Vision H4 (DONE)
6) Rain-X Espert Fit windshield wipers. (DONE)
7) Change Engine/transmission oils and do a complete service (DONE) (shell helix HX7 and toyota cvt oil)
8) Attend to the small paint chippings on the front/rear bumpers (Done)
9) Get a new driver side window rain guard (DONE) (replaced all four)
10) Do a brake service, alignment and wheel balance. (Done)
11) SQ setup (including getting rid of that good for nothing Japanese dvd player) (Initiated)
12) Valeo Fog lights. (DONE)
13) Engine Coolant from Toyota (Done)
Please do say Masha'Allah. This is the first hatch we bought since the mehran that is now nearly 23 years old and we are super excited about it