[QUOTE=Chaudhary007;4772441]Had head work done today, it's too early to say anything but a few observations
1) Piston was screwed and had an inch of carbon on top of it, so replacement was justified
2) Silencer also had carbon in it and was comprehensively cleaned using petrol and compressed air.
3) The original crackling sound of CG is back
4) Mechanic suggested 800km of running and oil change and tappet setting at 500kms
5) Push rods were next in line to cause trouble, good thing i had bought them so had them replaced.
6) Cam follower, cam shaft and cam gear are still in good condition and can last for quite some time.
Rest will try to post pic i have all the stuff which came out. Mixture is rich at the moment so cant judge economy.
Almost 3 litres of petrol was used......yes 3 litres but i was satisfied that at least he as cleaning each and every part thoroughly.
All genuine parts were used so hopefully there should be no trouble.
Oil = 400
Total = 1k[/QU
Please recommend mechanic
Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums