Just as a quick background, I have a Daihatsu Boon/Toyota Passo 2006 - 1KR-FE + Automatic transmission model.
It was a sturdy car earlier, but since the last 10-15K KMs it's been giving me some serious pain.
- The car has done 65,000km now
- The car has started to shake viciously when in R or in D. I've even had the engine mounts changed. It gave me some relief for 2-3 months and then the shaking started again.
- When going uphill I can tell the car is struggling quite a lot (the engine also sounds under a lot of load - making more noise, and not producing much acceleration - I now have to switch to the slow lane when going on the high road so I don't embarrass myself )
- I've had the spark plugs, car battery, engine oil, oil & air filter replaced among the routine servicing - still the same results. Have also had transmission oil changed but no effect on the issues faced
- Switching the car AC causes the car to feel a lot of extra burden, the car also vibrates a lot more in idle. Switching to N or P immediately reduces the vibration
- Car fuel efficiency is now giving me less < 8km/L
Some questions with regards to the pain described ( I apologize if these are redundant questions):
- Who would be the best mechanic and/or service center in Karachi to have a look at Boons/Passos and take it through a full and professional service and inspection? (ideally someone that wouldn't send me on another wild goose chase or if there's a reliable service center that you could recommend)
- Has anyone experienced the same kinds of problems and how were you able to address?
- Is it possible that a fault in the AC can cause the sort of performance issues I'm seeing?
- Can the throttle body or sensor cause this kind of problem? What's the safest way to clean it?
- Which is the best place to get Passo/Boon parts in Karachi?
- Can the catalytic converter be responsible for the issues witnessed?
Any advice would be really appreciated.