The fit/finish is inferior to JDM but its not noticeable by a person who has not driven a JDM.
The fit an finish is almost identical. I've had the "pleasure" of trying out the JDM imported version of the Civic Hybrid. There is no difference in the fit and finish. The only things missing are really what have been pointed out:
- air bags (though the base model is dual srs in Japan)
- interior color options (ours is strictly beige and dark grey)
- element filter (who knows why Atlas doesn't put this thing in?)
- crappy eurostar tires in the newer Civics
- cruise control (optional in Japan)
- Satnav? But this is debatable since sat/nav is now an option in the PKDM Civic.
And someone here mentioned the price for the Civic is unjustified. Please tell me how it is so when its 99% at par with the world price of the car? $22,360 is what the top of the line model costs here. Compared to $24,000 elsewhere.