I started by car in the evening to adjust the idle, and while it was running, I took out one of the spark plug wires from the distributor to check if current was fine in all wires (since it was idling low).
However, after 6-7 seconds I took out the first wire (the top most you can see), the engine died. The car was on CNG.
I tried starting the car again but it wouldnt. I thought maybe the idle needs adjusting, and tried adjusting the idle at different levels but the car still wouldnt start, neither on CNG, nor on petrol (yes there is petrol).
Then after trying and testing several things, I opened the distributor cap to check for any oil/water since I recently had the car serviced. After cleaning the insides, it came to me that I should check for spark with the dist cap off. So I turned the key self was running with the distributor rotating, but I couldnt see any spark. To confirm this, I put the dist cap back on and took off one of the plug wires to see if there was any spark during ignition, but no spark.
To further confirm this, I unplugged the wire going into the distributor, and checked for current coming to the distributor.
Turns out THERE IS NO CURRENT coming to the distributor!
Experts please let me know what things I should check for, and what can I do to have power back into the distributor (before inviting an electrician to my place).