Sir with utmost respect, i beg to differ!
in new way im saying that dunlop is bad but yokohama is certainly better. AND investing in better tire is always worth it because 'siyaanay kehtay hain' thats the only part of ur 1.4 million pkr car that touches the road. if u save money there, thats not a gud deal.
do u know, dunlops are prone to swelling?
1) yes its well known but yokohama is much more well known n yoko is more then just a decent tire. its top class thing.
2) well, maybe it is beautiful but thats not its primary function, is it? and certainly its not as grippy as yokohamas (first hand experience speaking here)
3) soft is not always the best, if u drive regularly on bad roads, softer tires can get deshaped easily. some ppl also say that softer tires wear out sooner but im not sure about this one
4) Warranty? ok. consider this. one of the tire bursts/deshapes/cracks/swells (GOD forbid) and u take it to the shop u bought it from, along with the reciept. what do u think the salesman there will do? he ll accuse YOU of driving it in ways it wasnt meant to be driven. he ll NEVER replace the tire for u free of cost. im my 21 years of life chasing my passion of cars, i ve never met a single person in Pakistan who got tires replaced on warranty. its only oral warranty. there isnt any paperwork for it. so there is NO warranty!
5) competent rates? i'd say one gets what they pay for. at 6700rs per tire, dunlop is gud. at 8500 a piece, yokohama is good but yoko n dunlop cannot be compared to each other directly.
what im saying is that, yes, not everyone can afford to buy tires costing that much but there is no doubt that IF one buys them, the money spent is well worth it!