[h=2]Advice Needed for Bike Purchase please![/h]
Greetings, I am interested in buying a new bike for myself. At present I have a Honda CD-70. I have used it for 5 years - with its engine remade twice during this period! However, of late, I need an upgrade in engine power to get to and from work quicker. Though I am interested to buy GS-150, most threads here at "PAKWHEELS" has shied me away from it as the opinions expressed here seem tilted in favor of CG125 / or its variant the Deluxe model. Now I am finding myself caught between devil and the sea! On the one hand, I do not like Honda's kick-start feature and unnecessary LOUD silencer noise. However, on the other hand I also have came across numerous flip sides of GS150 that have deterred me from purchasing it with confidence. Following are the points, that I jotted down from most of PAKWHEELS discussions on similar discussion forums:
1. Head Light - untidy magic epoxy inside the head light
2. Battery mounting and holding belts are either missing or of a bad quality
3. Tyre (rear) appears too small and unreliable as it punctures more than often. Therefore, buyers are replacing those with Thailand IRC-NR28 or SriLankan 100/90 - 18" tubeless tyre (but they still tend to put in the tube, because otherwise GS-150's low quality wheel rim tends to 'bite' the tube and thus puncture it)
4. Side mirrors are of inferior quality
5. Paint job quality is poor. Because of this mudguards, rims, chain covers and spoke parts start becoming rusty very early. Buyers also have found AFTER buying for chipped body paint on their GS-150s
6. Speedometer Assembly Cable has problems
7. Timing chain has problems
8. RPM are high even once the bike is in Neutral gear
9. Qualified mechanics are not available - even with the seller show-rooms. New customers keep visiting their respective show-rooms but are informed that their mechanic is unavailable.
10. Spare parts are unavailable. Once, after repeated customer visits, one does get then those are of inferior quality
11. Most buyers complained of following most affected accessories of GS-150:
b. Brake and clutch Cables
c. Side view mirrors
d. Rubber parts like gromets etc
e. Paint and chrome
12. Battery cover lock is not given!!!
13. Tool Box cover lock is not given!!!
14. Indicators are without screws and are not flexible
15. Battery box and tool box cover clips (nakkay) are bad due to design and quality
16. Build quality is NOT good
17. Rear wheel / Tyre is always out (lehraa k chalta hey)
18. Problem with chain sproket (clutch chorro to 'khatt' key aawaz aatee hey)
19. Breaks are very weak. NO Disc Breaks
20. Rubber dampers below seat get faulty
Guys, I know I got lengthy. However, I wanted to cover comprehensively as GS-150 price is pretty dear. I therefore, being a middle class person, cannot afford to make costly mistakes. Please note that I have not focused on RESALE aspect of GS-150 once compared to CG 125
Bro, can you help me in deciding please as you already have used both GS150 as well as CG125. Also, kindly advise about any news of Suzuki bringing out newer design model of GS150 any time next year? Or perhaps Honda rolling out their 150 cc Bike?
wasalam wa dua
- See more at: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bikes-3-wheelers/198502-my-twin-brothers-gs-500-gs-150-pictures#sthash.6yqVNrTl.dpuf