Hello & Salam,
Got my Wagon R 2014, 20th Anniversary Edition few days back. I got it used, has 38K on the Odometer, imported and registered in 2016.
Has the following goodies:
- Heated driver seat
- 15" alloy wheels
- Traction control
- Radar brake assist
- Climate control
- the usual body kit, smoked front lamps and Stingray type tail lights
- Locally installed camera with a generic in dash infotainment system (thinking to replace it with a proper one)
I have a few concerns and would like to hear expert opinion on how to go about it:
1. Ride is a bit stiff - partly because of the 15" alloys which come with the car. I do hear minor clinking sound when going over bumps from the front and was wondering if there is any issue with the suspension I need to worry about.
It also had a humming sound when going over 40KM/h, I went to replace the front wheel bearings and was shocked to find that replacing just the bearings is not possible, you have to get the whole hub. Each cost me 6500 Rs fro Chah Sultan. The humming went away. Right lower arm bush was also worn out which I got replaced, cost me 300 Rs.
2. Acceleration was very sluggish, I got the cat inverter checked to find it was clogged. While a Kabli one costs about 14K, I got it cleaned from a shop in G-10. The pick improved and economy too.
3. Idling Stop does not work still. Have gone through the forums here. Fellows suggested checking the main battery if it was bad, turns out battery was finished. I got it replaced but still the Idling Stop orange lights blinks on and off. I drive with the seat belts on so that is not an issue. Its been about 100KMs since I replaced the main battery but still Idling stop does not work.
I scanned to car, it shows ASAS System error. Don't remember the error code but when I googled it, it shows image of the ECU?
One thing I tried is to remove the negative terminals for a while and then reconnect. Now Idling stop light stop does stop blinking and the white battery charging symbol also appears while braking but still no luck. The green sign just won't come on. After a while the dreaded orange light comes back and i'm back to square one.
4. CVT issue? - When accelerating after a dead stop, the car makes a weird sound (as if something is loose in the engine bay). the sound goes away when accelerating with a soft foot, any ideas what might be the issue?