Dear fellows & friends,
This is our second trip with J40s to primarily test the newly built off-road trailer. It also has a SOA suspension with an expected load capacity of 400-600kg depending on terrain. Pls don’t grab me by collar for saying so as I have just quoted the fabricator who knows his job well.
The salient features of the trailer are:
- SOA with leaf-springs & shock absorbers
- Ladder frame integrated in monocoque pipe structure – extremely rigid, strong & rattle free.
- Sheet-metal for base, sides & top cover.
- Lid has a box-frame structure for added volume-based luggage on top of it.
- The tow-hook has a spring on the inside for smoother pull. Another one will be added on the outer side as well.
- Spare tire & mud-guards
- Lockable rear drop-down panel for easy access.
- For security, lid opener can be accessed from inside the lockable door only.
- Dual struts for lid.
- Back lights
- Will have a hitch at the back
This built was totally based on pictures, explanations, demand, and untiring efforts of the wonderful & great friend, brother @machine! Though extremely busy with his everyday schedule, he managed to pay countless visits to the fabricator on the other side of town to ensure everything is done as needed.
The trailer is pretty solid, balanced & came out to be in good proportions & dimensions to go along well with both our vehicles with the maximum articulation & turning @ hitch that we were able to check.
Few snags & glitches also surfaced during this short trip to be rectified in the following days. With the Jurassic Cruiser, one issue was the engine not restarting despite having 2 batteries installed and the second was drum brakes failed to grip at all when the vehicle was on slope. Thus, due to both these problems, @machine had to bring the vehicle down from rocks on gear without brakes & engine running.
My vehicle was diagnosed with a broken engine foundation from the previous trip (must have been old enough). This vehicle is all stock except SOA. Power & drivetrain still in auction condition as I have decided to keep it so for the time being.
Those who have read it thru, thank you for u’r time & patience.