Hey guys, hope you all are doing good.
I wanted to inquire about the price for a '97 BMW 528i. It has the original BMW inline 6 cylinder engine. The gear shifting was smooth, no jerks or rattles. Car is in almost pristine condition. The interior is also in great nick. Its details are...
- Islamabad registered (Japanese import).
- Was in use of an embassy.
- Dewan maintained (full service record). Some maintenance has been done at Smart Services (almost like INH).
- 100,000KMs driven, original.
- One fender painted.
- All options and features are working.
- Powered leather heated memory seats, electronically adjustable multimedia steering wheel, the original navigation system that came with the E39, black leather interior, sunroof (working without issues).
- NO parking sensors (that's the only negative for the options list).
So, what should be its price then? Car maybe the best E39 in both the twin cities.
Car was giving an error when I started it (cold start), "DRIVE SLOW CAT. OVERHEAT". The error came on as soon as I started the car which could be a cat sensor temperature problem or a bad MAF. The cat. converter can't overheat even before the car was started so I think that the sensor might be at error here. It didn't give any other error. From what I've read, this problem is confined only to Japanese imports. @xulfiqar, what do you think?
I would greatly appreciate your feedback.