Asalamo alaikum to everyone,
as the subject tells this post is all about the restoration of the 4 door Nissan Skyline R32. first i will going to tell you how i got it.
went to a customs auction where i got a list of items being sold in auction, Guess what, this car was in the list. however as there were no other competitor in the auction for this car, so i won the bid and gave the initial payment at the spot. however dealing with the customs people is nerve wrecking experience and they juice out each and every penny in your pocket when they have to sign any document. well thats a different story. cut short i got the delivery of the car from NLC dry port Thokar niaz baig. upon receiving the documents for registration process i came to know it was previously kept by someone in Iqbal town lahore, not gonna take any names for privacy. maybe someone knows them from here. the car was kept though in very bad condition, custom turbo piping, broken back lights, front light was cracked, well much more rusting and all. however when i received the car it was in pretty bad shape. pretty much everything was jammed, from differential to the Ignition key.
when i called my mechanic, denter and painter. they were astonished on my decision and it was a big project and gonna cost me a lot. well i told them in reply, SHOK DA KOI MUL NAI.
well, we started striping the car and anything we touch was rusted.
the only thing which worked fine was the Engine, we fired up the engine after changing the oils and a little cleaning, and it started on first ignition, however it did made some pretty black smoke on first starting, then in few seconds when the dirt was burned out, it got smooth and run fine.
took out all the suspension and found out the following.
- all bushes are broken
- rear shocks are leaked
- differential bearings are broken
- wheel bearings are worn out
i sent the suspension to the workshop, opened up each item and ordered new parts.
- full suspension bush kit, PROTHANE bush kit (made in usa). imported by Basit( upgrade Motorsports lahore)
- set of four racing Tein coilovers bought from Apexi, Blitz, HKS, Nismo, Greddy, Rays and more JDM Parts direct from Japan - Nengun Performance online, and imported by same as above.
- differential was serviced, and same bearings were available from lahore, installed new bearing set.
- wheel bearings changed.
- all four wheels brake disc pads (hawks) imported from USA by upgrade motor sports.
the disc rotors are in fine condition, just got them a little tool to get rid of all the rusting.
The engine was coupled to an Automatic transmission, so got rid of the auto tranny and bought manual R154 manual gear from Marij from peshawar, he is a gem of a person and very nice guy, thanks Marij. and yes the Engine in this vehicle is 1JZ- GTE vtti.
now it has been converted back to manual. the vehicle was originally manual. Thank God the clutch pedal was still there.
all the manual clutch related stuff:
- master clutch cylinder,
- Slave cylinder.
- clutch fork
- stage 3, 6 puk eclustchmaster brand new from USA ( by upgrade Motorsports)
- R154 manual gear with lever( courtesy Maarij from Peshawar)
rear new lights has been imported directly from Thailand from Ebay via Dubai, i personally brought them in my luggage.
front lights are washed and serviced. the whole car body anti rusting has been done, denting has been done to bits, and now the car is under paint job. there are more stuff going in:
- greddy blow off valve
- dunlop drag radials semi slicks
- new racing radiator
- new stainless steel turbo pipping ( bought from upgrade Motorsports)
- new front mounted turbo inter-cooler
- air filter
- all the gauges, oil temp, turbo pressure, oil pressure , water temp etc.
- front strut bar
- all monograms original imported
- imported 3" inlet and 4" outlet Jasma approved exhaust
now the car has been registered ( which was a hell of a task) and will insha'Allah come on road by the end of march. below are the pictures.