One of my firend is in Uganda on his new job. He has to purchase an offroader in the following scenario:
- Land Cruiser Prado: quotation and specs are attached
price approx. 58,000 $
I am interested in the KZJ120R version (3.0 turbo).
2. Cherokee Limited: Quotations/specs attached (files 5-8).
Out of the 3 versions of Cherokee, I am interested in the 2.8 'Limited' version. 'Sports' version is quite basic and 'Renegade' version is not available. Grand Cherokee is out of my range.
price approx 53,000 $
Here is the comparison he has made himself
- Internal Space (I don't the exact specs, but it feels like
Toyota provides more internal space.
- Family Size (4 adults)
- Luggage compartment: I am ok with both, no specific requirements
- Off-roading requirements: road conditions are generally OK for
main inter-city high-ways. But quite a few smaller towns are
approachable only by non-gravelled/dirt roads. I am expected to travel
outside city around once a month and to a safari area/dirt roads once
every quarters. However, some roads are really bad and have huge pot
holes (but they are like 10% of all main roads).
- Speed Road grip. I think Cherokee can offer better acceleration
as well as better grip at high-speed grip.
- Safety: both have Air Bags for driver and front passenger. But I
think Cherokee is also providing side airbags for side impacts
- Style: Cherokee
- Luxury: I guess Cherokee ????
- Technology for structure, Engine, accessories: (????)
- After-sales service: Prado is the clear choice. I don't think
any mechanic outside Kampala will be able to handle Cherokee.
- Music: it looks like Cherokee is offering a better one.
- Wheels: I like Cherokee rims, plus they are also offering Good
- Warranty: Prado 50,000 km, Cherokee (40,000 km)
- Cost: both are in my range.
- Overall: ?????
What do you guys say about this situation?
I am a little dumb when it comes to 4X$'s so i am seeking guidance here from people like Voyager, Jeepaholic, Shani606, Offroad, TLCFJ40, libra, Racerf1 and others who can help