While I have another B310 project ongoing since ages, my Datoo madness has officially reached next level with starting of another B310 project.
About the car:
This car was purchased in late 2019 to serve as a low cost work horse and provide mobility to my younger brother who had just got admission in a university that is located in suburbs of Karachi. My target was to get a reliable car under 300k and my first priority was to get some decent Suzuki Khyber or Mehran, but after wasting a lot of time and fuel visiting these high resale cars we got really frustrated as except one or two cars every other car was junk (critically rusted / desi jugaads / mechanically faulty etc etc) and the cars which were good, I remember one was sold before I reached for inspection and the other had document issues. So while searching randomly on Pakwheels I came across this Datoo and I thought why not buy a cheap and simple car and spend money on it to make it a daily runner. Hence purchased the car for around 110K, and spent around 180k on the car including the following major works:
1- Engine Overhauling with best quality parts available (60k PKR)
2- Replaced the Carburetor with Kabli one, Installed original mechanical fuel pump and complete service of tank (20k PKR)
3- Installed Brand New tyres Sailun Atrezzo from Tyre Point (30K)
4- Replaced complete exhaust system (7K)
5- Installed new radiator (7k)
6- Complete front Suspension Overhaul, replacement of all springs, brake drums etc (20K)
7- New Battery (5K)
8- New carpet, floor mats, seat covers, door cards (10k)
Once the car got ready, it proved that our decision was correct as the average usage of the car was between 80 to 100 kms per day and it was used to go places where I can't imagine going with any other car. After being used extensively for an year, we decided that this poor thing needs some love and care bodywise hence started with the body and paint works for the car from 26th Jan 2021.
The Project Plan
Unlike my other project, this car has its duties to perform. While there is around one month semester break from my brother's university I can give the project another additional month. So the plan is to get the car completed and running again by 2 months (or max 2.5 months).
Car is bodywise in shape and the denting work is to be focused on replacing the rusted patches and reinforcing weak body parts. The only body panel that needs replacement are the foot boards as of now. Plus no fancy paint job is required due to the car being daily driven.
Link to my Other Project