After much research done on the Range Rover I own, I have found out that it is Range Rover Classic Overfinch. The overfinch came in two engine sizes 5.7 and 5.0. This was the General motors 5.7 Litre one with a manual 4 speed GM gearbox called OVERFINCH 570 Ti.
It has a few very obvious things about it that have led me to believe i own a very rare and unique SUV not only in Pakistan but all over the world. The most obvious are the vents on the fender, extra long wheel base, different suspension and the RRC being a covertible.
I will add some links and pictures for you all to check out in the end
The specs are as follows:GM Engine 5.7 Litre V8 i Petrol High Efficiency - Fuel Injection:
- 5.7 ltr V8 Compression:10.0:1, Bore: 101.6 mm, Stroke: 88.4 mm
5734 cc V8, Max power: 328 bhp at 5000 rpm. Max torque: 350 lbs ft at 3100-3900 rpm
- Pistons - low friction, cast aluminium
- Cylinder block - light weight, thin wall casting technology
- Maintenance free hydraulic valve play compensation
- Oil cooling system
- Dynamic balance optimisation
- Ignition system - electronic plus Bosch high energy coil
- Fuel Injection - twin venturi EFi system with computer control
- Exhaust manifolds - high flow 2.5" bore
- Stainless steel sports exhaust system. Unique Overfinch free-flow design.
Twin polished tail pipes.
- 12,000 mile main service interval
- Main Bearings - heavy duty with four bolt main caps
- Plug leads - silicone racing spec (red)
- Spark plugs - NGK 'V' groove super spark
- Cylinder heads - aluminium, gas flowed with angled spark plugs
- Rocker covers - cast magnesium
- Oil pump - high volume
- Camshaft - Overfinch powermaster high output
- Fuel requirement - super unleaded (min octane 97 RON)
- Fuel consumption (touring): 15-17
Sadly, my RRC has very few of these as before my father bought it, it had been stripped of nearly everything and was in quite a mess. The engine is no longer in there and my search to find a 5.7 GM engine in pakistan will never sieze.
I hope you guys enjoy the thread and the pictures, I would have added a few pictures of my RRC as well for comparison, sitting in UK i dont have any recent ones. Cheers!
Overfinch Ltd - UK - Range Rover Classic (Detailed History)
HISTORY - Overfinch (Brief History)
RANGE ROVER CLASSIC LSE OVERFINCH 570HSi For Sale on Car And Classic UK [C613281] (RRC Overfinch for sale in UK for ?50,000)
Auto Kugel GmbH - GE - Range Rover Classic