I have owned her for quite a while now and never has she ever said that I will not start nor travel the distance.
On Friday night, while coming back from a friend's house, I crossed a speed breaker and I heard a sound from the wheel and I said, well, this is something new. At first I thought it might be the Hub bearing.
So next day I went to Honda, Haneef Ustad is the Honda Specialist, who has worked at Honda for the past 15 years. I told him that there is this sound coming from the front left wheel, he said get in, so I started the car and he heard the sound and said your front engine foundation is torn. He opened the hood and said here it is.
A word of advice for the fellow Steermatic owners for the summer.
1. Check the coolant level in the radiator and reservoir. Buy an extra bottle, just in case.
2. If you are using the liquid based battery, check it's level, get it topped up from any agency, it's free.
3. If you can switch back to 185/60R15 that would be good for the summers. Because with 195/60, the first gear acceleration is slow during summers, at times, you might even think there is something wrong with the engine, it's the tyre size.
4. Check the refrigerant level, do not over fill, if possible, clean the evaporator. Honda charges 4k for the AC service.
5. Check the engine foundations and suspension. Incase any Foundation is torn, the dashboard makes annoying sounds.
Hope these points help you.