As mentioned in the subject my car engine has become weak and I need suggestion as to whether I should opt for a buildup or should I go for a swap. The engine in question is the original PK5V with auto transmission.
1) Got the compression test done today, the results were 110, 110, 110 and 120 which I assume is not a healthy sign.
2) Heavy on fuel giving me almost 5-6 Km/l with or W/O A/c doesn't make much of a difference
3) Too much knocking even on Hi-octane (CNG haven't been used since last 6 months)
4) The engine has lost its charm, no pick and feels heavy to drive :(.
5) Transmission gives a slight jerk when shifted to D from N or from N to R but nothing can be felt when the gears change in D mode.
Activities carried out so far
Got all the sensors and electrical stuff checked, TPS had some problem, got it replaced. The Head assembly was replaced with Kabli one along with new radiator and hose pipes almost an year ago (reason overheating & blown gaskit) .
I'm a total noob but tried getting some idea by going thru the threads and realized except for some Gurus, people mostly discuss which engine is faster or has more HPs. I'm not a racing freak rather I am more of an uncle type of driver with light foot and this car is my daily runner. Therefore looking forward to a solution which results in economy along with driving pleasure. Your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated.
Secondly would also appreciate if someone can provide an estimate of buildup and swap as well.