I own Toyota Duet 2002 with manual transmission (Petrol + CNG), for a long time I have been witnessing a strange problem with this car that, mostly when I start the engine and move the car:
- It take off with jerk and vibration (dhur dhur dhur) and rmp goes below 1000rpm
- the pick up gets very short (Gear 1, 15Km, Gear2, 15-35km, Gear3, 60km, Gear,4 80km, Gear 5, 100 but with vibration)
- AC works very well but always gets 500-1000 rmp down as switches on
- car feels like it needs tuning
- on the road the body make noise
- the cabin gets noisy
- suspension gets hard
- jerks and slowly picks up when try to pick up in 2nd gear also the gear lever play and vibrates a lot.
But there is a positive side of the car as well all of sudden while running on the road,
- the car gets in power,
- car handling gets improves,
- the engine noise goes away,
- entire vibration of engine goes away
- cabin gets quite,
- suspension performs superb
- second gear pick up and play of gear gets improve
Note: check engine light keeps on displaying in every band and good performance situations.
Mechanics always start finding it with tuning fault, than injector cleaning, fuel pump change, cng kit service, connecting advancer with cng.
Recently got the sub engine frame (Gatri/chokri) changed (got it from Share Shah well condition) all three foundation changed (got them from Share Shah well condition) replace all Gatri-bushes (New).
These efforts were made to get rid of engine vibration, cabin noise, car handling, proper engine position and strengthen suspension.
on idol speed the car cabin noise is reduced (if rpm is above 1000) but at pick up engine dhur dhur is there and rpm gets below 1000 then goes up
car handling got improve
suspension improve in speed breaker and patches
looking forward for feedback.
Old sub engine frame
New sub engine frame with 3 foundation and balancing rode power stairing is old one
back foundation engine clamp was broken as well
sub engine frame bushes (old), sorry forgot to take the photo of new bushes