Just bought a Passo today. 2007 model, had 16,000 on the odometer but the export certificate says 55,000. Having read through this thread, I'm planning to take the car to Toyota 3S and get it completely serviced. I have a few questions though.
1. Why does the pick feel sluggish in first gear? I've noticed this in other Passos I've test driven too. Is it a problem that can be remedied or is that just how it is?
2. The AC performance seems to drop considerably when idling. Again, is this something that can be fixed? Should I get the AC serviced as well? It was working perfectly while driving on the canal.
3. Any way at all to change the range of radio frequency? Japanese radios only get FM 76 to 90.
4. Does the overdrive button affect the pick of the car? Not sure because I didn't really feel any difference with it on. I thought it might've been the equivalent of the sports gear on Vitz.
5. Does anyone know how to use that 'clean air/ionizer' plasmacluster option? Is it any use at all?
Other than all that I'm quite happy. The interior/exterior are almost brand new, just a slight scratched dent on the front bumper. Seats and matts look unused, tires are pretty much brand new Bridgestone 155/80/R13 with alloy rims (which is odd as most imported cars I went through had terrible tires). The car felt smooth and effortless going up to 90 which is the most I managed in the traffic today. Brakes and handling are excellent. Came with HID lights and according to the dealer has 8 airbags (not sure about that, but other than the front airbags it says 'SRS Airbag Curtain' on all four pillars inside the car). Haven't started measuring consumption yet.