this weekend we found an issue with a snapped throttle cable in a members ride.
what happened was that over time the cable aged (normal) but when it broke it was incorrectly removed which caused one strand to fray and cause a blockage in teh throttle cable tube which runs inside the spine of the car.
we tried everything but in the end it turned out that the best way to get the blockage out was to get a long piece of welding wire, bend a makeshif handle on one end and to push it in the rear side of the tube and then crank the handle. this forced the frayed wire to the front of the tube and eventually it came out.
now it may sound a little too much of a "juggar" but since it worked i thought i'd share it with everyone, incase they find themselves in a similar situation.
here is the cause of the blockage: