0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello to all out there...well guys i dont exactly have a vitz, but the same one in a lil lengthier versio...YUPS...platz. as i didnt find any forum out there for the platz, and as i BELIEVE both vitz and platz are the same except the trunk, can i please join this group as i often need to get advice from some vitz or platz experts, and i guess this is the rite place for me...so...can i ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waleed

sure buddy you can join no body is restricted here and u r right every thing inside vitz and platz is same both are 1000cc and vvt-i as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz
    thankz bro....same way i can also help ppl out with some platz out there if and when required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys i'm still waiting for a response to my query... doesnt anybody know abt this gadget in my car??
    woof! woof!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im a satisfied vitz user and have inspired a friend of mine to get one. but he has the money to afford a belta which i presume is around 800k. tell me if its higher than that price and if it not, would you guys still recommend a vitz or belta it should be?
    and if vitz, then should it be the new shape model like 2006? or 2004 or 2005?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Missing in Action: I have personally never seen anything like that on any Vitz and remember, I have seen a LOT of vits here in Karachi but that doesn't mean that I have seen everything I see that you are from Islamabad. Where did buy this car from? You might wana check with the guy who sold you this car. Perhaps he would know?

@SQAHAR: I am personally in love with Belta. As for Belta costing 800k then no, it costs you a bit more. Around 900k is what I have seen so far. I would get such a cheap Belta checked from every single aspect.

As for Vitz 2004 or 06 then I guess you should first ask around for the parts of the newer models and ask people what's the difference between 04 and 06 models? I am sure that the latest model comes more equiped than 04 (more space, better mileage, more space etc etc) but you should check for spare parts availibilty.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz

Yes, the drive is fabuluous. Excellent! I love it and the margalla is no comparison to the vitz You can hardly feel the bumps on the road, but the car hits on some speedbreakers though .

@faisalameer

Thanks

@cache

Many Thanks. I paid 635k for it. Regarding the oil someone else also told me to use ZIC but which one? Are there different brands?

@zeeshansyed

No, I did see a number of cars on that road but they were not 100% right. So we went towards the Islamia College side and we managed to find a good one which I purchased from there. Make sure u take a good denter / mechanic with you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MIA
    it could be asomething to do with a parking system but that's as far as i'm willing to speculate. for sure it's not a toyota option, must be some aftermarket thing.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyreone_40

it should not hit breakers if there u are driving alone or with 2 persons.. drive slowly over the breakers or better cross the breaker in 45 degree angle.. it will save ur car a lot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SQAHAR

i dont think belta is that much cheap.. most of them i have seen over 9.0 -9.5k

although vitz 06 is much better in pickup and mileage but 99-04 have got much better engine i.e 4 cylinder where as 05 /06 is 3 cylinder. newer one is fast light weight but parts availability might be an issue.. although most of them might be same for both generation cars.. i think.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

from where we can have PHILIPS DEGREASER ,i want to clean my MAF sensor??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz

At one time we were 4 adults and 1 child and on the second occassion we were 2 adults.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so what do want now i stopped my self for quite long time but ultimately lifted up my car .. it hurts badly if it hits
    so drive very slowly over the breakers or lift it up. I have installed Aluminum spacers which i think is the best and safest option. replacing with longer and harder springs is not suitable,, drive will not be the same.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Auto transmission ke liye Best Transmission Oil konsa hai ?main ne caltex ka Lia hai but my mechanic said kai wo sai nae hai Toyata ompany se Oil lain wo konsa Oil recomend kare hain
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

My vitz did not have the navigation so the dealer gave me the original one from another of his vitz and asked me get it fixed on my car. From where can I have it fixed?

Secondly is there a difference in using Hi Octane in vitz instead of Super? or a mixture of both 50:50 ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz

thanks for the info ill try the 45 degree angle first and see. From where did you get your spacers installed and hwo much did it cost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyreone

total cost ..1500 with installation, go to nayyaz autos behind tariq road.. lots of experts are there you can install it from any one. i suggest you to keep that navigation screen at home if you are not planning to convert it to DVD player etc. even i am looking for some one who can disconnect it .. its very valuable for charsii's and thieves they might destroy ur dashboard to pull it out so better keeping it at home .. in pakistan this screen is of no use.

@speed

hold down man..need to control ur attitude.. storm is not working for pakwheels he will answer you when he is free..
    by the way i think u can find it from any good auto shop i have seen lots of stuff like these so check out after eid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how do i know if MAF sensor in my platz is blocked or not. to be candid, i dont thiink i can do a DIY, so can u please suggest someone expert in islamabad/pindi who can check/clean the MAF if required ???

thankx

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam all
    n Eid Mubarak...

@ missing-in-action

I also have some sort of CARD READER in my vitz 03, with some japnese written on it donno whts tht.. its been over a year since i m driving it..
    i ll upload pics soon ..
    experts opinions needed

thnx all

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Vitz
    I really appreciate your thinking style and respect for others

@Speed
    Goto Montegomry Road, there is one Mughal Autos there, you can ask them. Or if not them it will be there in the shop next to them, I am forgetting the name

@Tyreone
    HiOctane that we get here in Pakistan already has some impurities in it just like regular Gasoline, so HiOctane in fact is the regular fuel these cars are used to consume. But yes A mixture 50-50 will do.

@MIA
    I havent seen this gadget either, No Idea, my idea of getting to know such things (anything for that matter )is to start messing up with it.

@DreamGirl
    AutoTrasmission kay liye best oil woh hai jo iss main dala hota hai, will you please let at least one thing be original in your ride. You experiment a lot, even more than I do.

@Tyreone
    for your earlier query, I am really sorry I am not using net a lot these days, a total family guy ythese days Yes, ,go to any good oil dealer and ask for the top of the line Zic for PETROL engines, , you will surely get what I use... I am really bad at memorizing things, ,old age BENEFITS you see

@Leo
    Thats card reader is attached with a RF Device that is placed somewhere on your wind screen, that is for the Toll Poles, when you are travelling inter city on the highways, ,they dont stop you to charge toll taxes, they just get the information from that device and if there is any money in your card that you insert in this very card reader, they will charge you automatically, else you will have to pay the fine It is of no use in Pakistan, not yet at least.

@Waleed
    There is a device called OBD Reader(On-board Diagnostics tool) which reads from different sensors. That device can tell you whether you need to clean it or not, , all Toyota and Honda Big setups do have it with them. The other way which is cheaper and ofcourse more realibale is to open it up (or tell your mechanic) and see for yourself if it needs cleaning, by the way once it is open you should get it cleaned anyways, less than 15 minutes job.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List