Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Error Code P1605 - Help required

Dear PW Members,

I have a Toyota Vitz 2009 Model 1.0L 1KR-FE Engine. Few week earlier I have purchase ELM Scan device and i scan my car ECU with HOB Drive Demo App When i click on Diagnose Code I found out there is one code is showing in Pending Error Code heading and the Error Code is P1605 (See attached screen shot) I have accidentally press clear DTC button and now the error code has been removed from ECU and don't show up in HOBDrive Demo App. Now I have following queries.

1- What P1605 Error Code means?

2- What will be fault that cause this error?

3- How to fix that fault that cause this error?

Toyota Vitz Error Code P1605  Help required -1682975

Car: Vitz 2009 1.0L 1KR FE Engine
    Device: ELM Device
    App: HOBDrive Demo

Prob with my car:
    ---------------------
    I have found one issue happen with my car which infact Toyota dealership can't diagnose it and they said if that issue come infront of us then we can tell you whats the problem the Issue is when the car runs in slow traffic for an about one hour with AC ON and when i applied brakes with AC is ON then at one point there is some kind of noise coming from engine bay (i believe its sound of some knid of belt) and Car is stop in Gear D this happen when gear is in D and i applied brakes with AC is ON with about an hour.

4- Is it P1605 relevant to above mentioned problem

5- What will be the fault and solution of above mentioned Problem with my car

This is my first thread i have posted on PW.

- RKBladex

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Experts,

Can you please help me out with above mentioned Problem
    @Xulfiqar, @capsat, @tyrone_40, @tintin1, @syncview, @rajaatta, @chinyoti

- RKBladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this issue being shown on the OBD device you purchased or the error is showing on the meter?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Is this issue being shown on the OBD device you purchased or the error is showing on the meter?
    This issue is shown on OBD Device that uses HOBDrive Demo App

- RKBladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    This issue is shown on OBD Device that uses HOBDrive Demo App

- RKBladex

In my opinion these devices are crap, Try to visit a good toyota workshop or another good workshop who have latest scanning devices, Get your car scanned if they give your car a clean chit stay happy.

Dont worry too much. On googling i guess the error code is related to the oxygen sensor.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And the whistling sound your refering too is from the cylincer springs, Conventional cars have rubber boots in the cylincer piping Vitz has springs, Which either need to be replaced or oiled to let the whistling sound go away.

Next time you hear the sound, go and put a foot on your car cylincer. It will go away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P1605 for Toyota is "ROUGH IDLING"
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion these devices are crap, Try to visit a good toyota workshop or another good workshop who have latest scanning devices, Get your car scanned if they give your car a clean chit stay happy.

Dont worry too much. On googling i guess the error code is related to the oxygen sensor.
    And the whistling sound your refering too is from the cylincer springs, Conventional cars have rubber boots in the cylincer piping Vitz has springs, Which either need to be replaced or oiled to let the whistling sound go away.

Next time you hear the sound, go and put a foot on your car cylincer. It will go away.
    Thx for info. I will go to Toyota workshop and will scan my car with Toyota Techstream

- RKBladex

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    P1605 for Toyota is "ROUGH IDLING"
    How to overcome with this problem? I read somewhere on PW about this error code is KNOCK Sensor Malfunction is there any difference between Knock Sensor or Oxygen Sensor??

- RKBladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

find the cause of rough idling and fix it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After googling and read PW threads the cause of P1605 error code is ECM

P1605 DTC

Toyota P1605: Knock control - malfunction Cause: ECM

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...ut#post4192698

- RKBladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oops, you got this code from ELM - so this a generic OBD2 code which for Toyota means knock control malfunction.

and is very vague.

Get your vehicle tested on a proper scantool to see whats happening.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I have go to Toyota Central Motors and asked to scan my car they say Scanning the car on Toyota device price is 16000 which they don't give any guaranteed the problem will fix so i think its not worth it because they don't give any surety So i leave from Toyota workshop

Karachi PW Members do you know any good mechanics who can able to scan or diagnose Error Code problem?

I have heard few mechanics name but don't know they provide scanning service

Khan Motor (Main Korangi Road Phase 2 DHA Karachi)
    Yazdani Motor (Phase 2 DHA Karachi)

- RKBladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I have go to Toyota Central Motors and asked to scan my car they say Scanning the car on Toyota device price is 16000 which they don't give any guaranteed the problem will fix so i think its not worth it because they don't give any surety So i leave from Toyota workshop

Karachi PW Members do you know any good mechanics who can able to scan or diagnose Error Code problem?

I have heard few mechanics name but don't know they provide scanning service

Khan Motor (Main Korangi Road Phase 2 DHA Karachi)
    Yazdani Motor (Phase 2 DHA Karachi)

- RKBladex

They quoted you 16,000 for a scan alone?

Are you serious!!!

Simply get your cars throttle body cleaned, Plugs fixed and get all oil renewed. For a simple tune up goto PSO near ayesha masjid the (ganja guy tuning wala) he should be helpful. He is a nice fellow. Just be sure to keep your eyes open and be with the car at all times.

One more thing, Dont google too much, Google isnt always right, It can mostly take you in the wrong direction.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They quoted you 16,000 for a scan alone?

Are you serious!!!

Simply get your cars throttle body cleaned, Plugs fixed and get all oil renewed. For a simple tune up goto PSO near ayesha masjid the (ganja guy tuning wala) he should be helpful. He is a nice fellow. Just be sure to keep your eyes open and be with the car at all times.

One more thing, Dont google too much, Google isnt always right, It can mostly take you in the wrong direction.
    Toyota has a standard charges for Scanning and Diagnose related problems This charges is included of scanning and diagnose if any issue appear its solved that issue but they can't guaranteed that issue will resolved Completely So i think its not worth that price they are asking and price is too much high....

Due to this i have purchase my own Standard OBD2 scanner and found 2 error codes P1603 and P1605 but still can't find the exact fault

- RKBladeX

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, did the Check Engine lights remains On now ?
    Pending codes mean that some error has occured once in the ECU which it has stored but that error is not pertaining now, so no need to worry for the past errors, if there is something really wrong with the car, the error will appear again in the form of Check Engine Light glowing, then you can connect the device again to check the error code.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota has a standard charges for Scanning and Diagnose related problems This charges is included of scanning and diagnose if any issue appear its solved that issue but they can't guaranteed that issue will resolved Completely So i think its not worth that price they are asking and price is too much high....

Due to this i have purchase my own Standard OBD2 scanner and found 2 error codes P1603 and P1605 but still can't find the exact fault

- RKBladeX
    Bhai as I told u earlier that toy you purchased is crap don't reply on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    Bro, did the Check Engine lights remains On now ?
    Pending codes mean that some error has occured once in the ECU which it has stored but that error is not pertaining now, so no need to worry for the past errors, if there is something really wrong with the car, the error will appear again in the form of Check Engine Light glowing, then you can connect the device again to check the error code.
    Let me clear my scenario My car has experiencing some issue when AC is ON and car is in low RPM when i applied brakes on it there is some kind of choking sound coming from engine bay and then my car is stopped in middle of the road and check engine light appear and then when i start my car immediately it takes longer self and car don't start after waiting for 1 to 2 mins then i start my car again it start fine without longer self and check engine light don't appear after engine started. This issue is very hard to find the exact cause when this appear on what case so i can describe this to Toyota Dealership because they can't diagnose that problem and they said if it occurs in their presence then they could figure it out whats the issue.

Currently Check Engine light, Oil light and battery light appear and don't remove after few seconds when i start my car self and engine is not started. Once i start my car engine these light is removed.

When I purchase the OBD2 device so i can diagnose the above mentioned problem so i came up 2 error codes P1603 and P1605 and i remove the error code from App in ECU and then i drove my car then few weeks the same problem happen again and when i diagnose the error code i found out same error code appear which i was previously clear through App.

I found out P1605 is Pending Error Code but P1603 is fault error code as per my knowledge.

chinyoti has given me some advice so i will go it on weekend.

Also Xulfiqar has been given me some advice on these error code on other post as well. You can refer below post

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...43#post5092279

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...44#post5094753

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...43#post5093576

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...44#post5094758

- RKBladeX

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me clear my scenario My car has experiencing some issue when AC is ON and car is in low RPM when i applied brakes on it there is some kind of choking sound coming from engine bay and then my car is stopped in middle of the road and check engine light appear and then when i start my car immediately it takes longer self and car don't start after waiting for 1 to 2 mins then i start my car again it start fine without longer self and check engine light don't appear after engine started. This issue is very hard to find the exact cause when this appear on what case so i can describe this to Toyota Dealership because they can't diagnose that problem and they said if it occurs in their presence then they could figure it out whats the issue.

Currently Check Engine light, Oil light and battery light appear and don't remove after few seconds when i start my car self and engine is not started. Once i start my car engine these light is removed.

When I purchase the OBD2 device so i can diagnose the above mentioned problem so i came up 2 error codes P1603 and P1605 and i remove the error code from App in ECU and then i drove my car then few weeks the same problem happen again and when i diagnose the error code i found out same error code appear which i was previously clear through App.

I found out P1605 is Pending Error Code but P1603 is fault error code as per my knowledge.

chinyoti has given me some advice so i will go it on weekend.

Also Xulfiqar has been given me some advice on these error code on other post as well. You can refer below post

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...43#post5092279

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...44#post5094753

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...43#post5093576

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...44#post5094758

- RKBladeX

Yes as per advice of Chinyoti, you should visit and get your car checked properly.
    As the error codes have appeared again after clearing, so it means there must be some issue with the car.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Dtc p1605

Error Code P1605 (Knock control error)

The possible reason of appearing this code.
    first the behaviours of car to be checked
    -the car is idling poor
    -the car is giving feel of as if one of the cylinder is not working properly in lower RPMs
    -Speed limits to 80-90km.

if these are the symptoms then you must check the VVT sensor or we can also call it OCV(Oil control Sensor).
    this error appears because once the oil change is over due. the carbon in oil cause the tiny pours in this sensor blocked the proper oil circulation is not there. Just open the OCV Sensor get it washed by solvent (diesel/petrol) and fix it back clear the DTC and drive your car and i hope the same error will not appear any more.

Must give your feedback if you find this tip useful.Toyota Vitz Error Code P1605  Help required -1697786

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List